کتابیں to Read Where do آپ get book recommendations?

i_luv_angst posted on Oct 14, 2008 at 09:53PM
where do you get good recommendations for new books to read? from friends or family? librarians? is there a really good website you use that i should know about?

کتابیں to Read 10 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ky02121 said…
Entertainment Weekly, the local paper,and Good reads.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ebathory said…
I tend to just borrow heaps of stuff from the library, and give it a try. If I don't like it, I just take it back till I find something I do.

I tried getting reccomendations from fanpop, but I found that most people were not into the types of books I liked unfortunately. It would be cool if we could get more spots for different types of books :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک fallingstar20 said…
i like going to used book stores they always have the most random books as well as the clasics, but the people that work at them normaly have read a lot of good books.
I need to start going to used book stores more often.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ebathory said…
I love used book stores, I never buy books brand new :)
I usually buy books from Borders because they always send me coupons. Other than that my local library has book sales a couple times a year and I make out good there. I live in Beantown so I have many great used bookstores to choose from. I just need to start going:)
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک i_luv_angst said…
Ooh, I love library book sales!! last time I bought a hardcover copy of the complete works of Shakespeare in almost perfect condition for like $1.50. I could have spent hours there!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک spikes_girl said…
from my friends, teachers, family, etc.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک teamdimitri6 said…
my aunt XD shes into reading all the teenage books hahaha
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک DarkSarcasm said…
link is a great site that gives you recommendations based on what you've read and what you'd like to read. There's a page for the site's recommendations by genre, there's a 'readers also enjoyed' section on every book's page, and there are plenty of lists and forums created by users.

I sometimes use GoodReads, but I usually just browse the recently added stuff at the library when I'm looking for something new.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک