Buffy the Vampire Slayer Which Spots they Should Be On?

x-missmckena-x posted on Apr 07, 2008 at 12:56AM
ok its great that we all wnat to add videos onto the main buffy spot and what im about to get annoyed at i know ive done myself, so here it is.....

what is the point is having about a billion different buffy related spots if people are just gonna keep adding on certain things, for example bangel or spuffy videos, there is a bangl a spuffy or a bangel vs spuffy spot for that kind of thing let keep the buffy spot about well general buffy!

now am i gettin too pickyor is there anyone who agrees with me out there!?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 6 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک amazondebs said…
totally okay i have been known to rant about certain things so hear is my official buffy spot rant, since i know i comment on other spots too but i think it's my love for this spot that makes me extra annoying so after this i shall pest no more but simply rate low

images
1. all buffy belongs to 20th century fox and mutant enemy, buffy comics belong to dark horse (crediting the actual artist of feature pictures is always best too)
anything not credited i will report as it is illegal!

2. any fan art should have the above appropriate crediting plus the fan that created the art, putting up the url to said images should only be used when you really can't find the editor

3. all keywords should be appropriate, if you are loading images 10 at a time with all the same keywords, make sure the images are simlar so all the key words fit

4. buffy the vampire slayer & image are two keywords that should go in everything other ones should be thing like photo, the characters name, the actors name, the name of the fan art, season number, maybe episode ect

5. if you must place a image in more than one spot, NO more than three do not put spike and buffy
in buffy, spuffy, buffy summers, bangel vs spuffy, spike, james marsters ect if you've keyworded it right and we want to view it, trust me we will find it

videos
1. keyword rules for images apply except put video instead of image (duh)
other tips are again seasons characters, dvd extras, full episode, clips, fan vid ect

2. if you wish to credit then that's brill but it's not needed as there is a direct link if you click on the vid

3. actually watch fan vids before you post them, there are some users who post about 20 vid in 15 mins and i know for a fact they havn't watched them but just searched 'buffy' on youtube so how do they know if their anygood?

4. fan vids belong on fan spots, as much as i love spangel it doesn't belong on buffy

5. if they have multiple parts use the multipart option

picks

1. if your asking a bangel vs spuffy pick do it in that spot so the none shippers fans can enjoy buffy with out the debate

2. to quote cinders 'the search box is your friend' if you type in the key words of your pick and 'pick' fanpop will search through the questions for you so you can see if it's already been done, personally i recommend just going through the picks as there are some really good questions but i know not everyone is as obsessed as that

3. we love our buffy characters so much we always want pictures on picks if you can't find any try using screen caps from link

4. if your adding a option to someone else pick, make sure you add a picture that's your job not theirs, also don't add 'all of the above' or 'please don't make me choose' it's just boring and the option between spike and angel is not life and death (although it might seem that)

5.write out your question and answer in full, not everyone on fanpop is from a English speaking country and might not understand misspelled words or slang, that is what the preview is for before you publish it

i have nothing to say really about links and soapboxes except the keywords thing again

spots

1. again when adding content minimalize the amount of time you repeat it as the fans like me that are a fans of practically all the spots will start to get really bored and very annoyed

2.if you want to create a buffy related spot think is there anywhere else that content could go e.g. someone who was a big buffy and wood fan might want to post their stuff in the buffy verse relationships spot, rarther than starting another spot

gee, i hope their isn't a buffy and wood spot now lol

3. if you are that obsessed with a couple or topic then yeah do start another spot but make sure you add regularly and don't just make it another place where more buffy content gets separated or repeated

4. make sure it is not a repeat in any way shape or form!

rating

1.RATE EVERYTHING YOU VIEW!!!

2. rate everything fairly don't rate a spike image with no keywords high and a angel image that is credited with 10 keywords high just because you like the character or the user

3. seriously rate everything you view, if i see you commenting on my stuff or on other peoples stuff and it hasn't been rated i won't rate yours

rant over

I hear by declare my rant over but seriously if you do not add image credits and keywords or it is miscategorized or repeated everywhere i will rate low and report things no matter how much i like you or the content and i encourage other fans to rate honestly like this too
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک x-missmckena-x said…
youve probably gone and put it someons head now to create a spot all about wood! ha!

that is totally awesome advice i must say, i admitt i hate adding images as there always too much to search for, i know lazy but still there are others who are way better at it then me, ill stick to my picks! lol!

ill say to everyone as well with picks please use pictures, i go spend alot of time on my pics, hence why someimtes i forget theve already been asked and ive answered them (lol), so if you want yo add a pick im not too bothered on repeats and spelling compared to pictures which i get so narky about, especially if someone repeats my pick without pictures and bad grammar!

wow i ramabled ha!

great advice debs!
oh and if your new to fanpop or are guilty of above crimes (yes crimes) and have just read that please don't be scared away,
I used to be really bad for image crediting till i was helped by drd and harold (sad to say i have always been annoying about everything else though) anyways my point is you can edit your contributions, speaking of which i have so many image contributions, too many to go through at once and there a small few out their that might be missing their 20th century fox image tags if anyone ever comes across them...

mkena, it's normally simple to search for buffy stuff as it normally is just fox, however i encourage your efforts on the random scenario picks :)
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
yep its edited!
just felt the need to bump this up because we have a blast of new buffy fans and a few more buffy spots
more buffy spots what on now?