Chuck I love this دکھائیں but it has continuity and logic issues.

Councilman posted on Jan 12, 2009 at 06:01AM
Let's play a game. See if you can find things the writers have the actors do that don't fit with either continuity or logic.
I was reading a post by "maybeastarbucks" who was wondering why Chuck didn't flash on Sarah and Casey all the time. (You'll find those comments on the "What do you think is Sarah's first name?" thread.
We don't understand how the "intersect" works in Chucks brain. In a computer all information would be connected but in Chucks mind that's not how it works. It's like bits and pieces disjointed.
Example: Chuck flashed on Jill's code name(Sand Storm)and saw her picture in his head. A computer would have flashed when it saw her at the convention, at which time it would have seen her code name.
So we have to take this into consideration in finding problems to post.
I'll be posting some of what I find and leaving some for you to find.
Keep in mind I love this program. I do the same thing on the Psych forum all the time.

last edited on Feb 06, 2009 at 02:28AM

Chuck 21 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Councilman said…
Here we go: Logic
In the episode "Chuck Vs Tom Sawyer" the terrorists hope to start world war 3 by firing a missile from Mr. Morimoto's dormant satellite. Here's where we apply some logic. The only way this could start a war is if no one knew where the missile came from or who fired it.
Since the CIA & NSA both know the plan and that the satellite was up there, because they track everything. No war just terror.
Once again logic wins over the writers.
What fun this is.
I just flashed on this. At Atari the PHDs are working on the computer hardware when in fact a virus is a software issue and they should know that if I do. Oops
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
In the episode "Chuck Vs The Gravitron" Morgan, Lester, and Jeff are locked in Buy More and Jeff has to hot wire the door to get Morgan out.
The thing is they use the store for card games after hous and come and go like it was home. Why did they have to hot wire the door all of a sudden? Oops
worried
Let's make it a Q & A thing. In the episode, "Chuck Vs the Fat Lady" where does Chuck take Jill for a picnic? "In Chuck Vs the Seduction" where does Chuck run to getting away from Sasha?
Now what's wrong between these two episodes and the location?
Now imagine the music of Jeopardy.
I'm waiting for some help here. Someone else has to be picking up on some of this.
Back to Chuck Vs Tom Sawyer: Chuck & Jeff are having some beers in the theater room. Emmett was working on his report in the office. Then the bad guys show up and walk, presumably through the front door. Did Emmett leave and not lock up? We see Chuck carry Jeff to Casey's car and not stop to lock up, set the alarm, nothing. This defies logic.
One more thing they don't shoot satellites down with ICBMS they would use either an Aegis type missile system or "THAAD" Theatre High-Altitude Area Defence Missile System.
I have to admit I expected some help here. There are plenty of things I would have expected others to notice. Personally I find it fun to find things the writers overlooked or just got wrong.
I have one more thing to make note of and then i shut up for a while. I was reading about Michael Clarke Duncan (Mr. Colt) in "Chuck Vs the First Date", and I saw that he is 6'5" wow he's bigger than I thought. I got to wondering about how tall Chuck was. He's listed as 6'4" in most Bios, and 6'3 and a half in one. So I kept looking. Adam Baldwin (Casey) is listed as 6'4" and Ryan McPartlin (Devon) is listed as 6'3". Thing is Casey and Devon are real close to the same size but Chuck is at least 2" shorter than Casey. What's up with that. Okay now I'll be quiet for a while.
Don't you think this show is under promoted? It has to be one of the top 4 or 5 shows on TV. I think it's in the top 2.
hmmm
As is usual there are questions left hanging in every episode like how do they explain the bodies left here and there and in "Chuck Versus the Third Dimension" they blow up the fridge at Buy More and never have to explain how it happened. They take out the bad guy and same thing. At some point it would be nice to see how they cover up some of what they do.
wink
It has been bothering me that in Chuck VS the Delorean we find that Chuck only has $2500 in the bank. He's not making car payments, at most he pays for only half the rent. So where does his money go? I know who cares, But don"t you think the Government should be paying him for all the work he does and putting his life at risk all the time? I think Chuck should have at least 10s of thousands in the bank so that when he and Sarah are married they'll have plenty of cash to get a good start on.
I know this was way back when but I was thinking about Chuck Vs the Delorean where Lester says the Nerd Herd car is getting new upolstery because Jeffs undies were found in the back seat. So Chuck tales Morgans bicycle. Why? There are at least 5 Nerd Herd cars. No biggie just wondering.
In "Chuck Vs the Best Friend" Chuck flashes on two things that either would not or could have been in the intersect logically.
First he wouldn't know about a plot to kill the ambassador. It would have to be a plan more than a year old.
Chuck flashed on the hood ornament of the Rolls as being a bomb? Not a chance. How many hood ornaments for Rolls could there have been in the world that caused it to be in the intersect. ZERO!
Still I love this show.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Anyone4Buttons said…
cool
So that you have someone else posting in your thread...in reply to the one about the Nerd Herders being upholstered, I thought they all were being done 'As a safety precaution'. Need to see the episode again, but I'm sure that's what happened.
Whatever happened to suspending your disbelief, eh? XD
smirk
Anyone4Buttons You are right I just checked it out and Lester did say that. He said very unclearly and I had to listen a couple of times but you're right. I need a hearing aid.
As to suspending disbelief I save that for my writting humor and listening to politicians. I find mistakes in almost everything I watch. I make a game out of it. Psych got me started with the first episode. Check out the Psych pages for some real fun.
smirk
"Chuck Versus the Dream Job"
I wait to see if anyone else noticed these little problems.
1. How did Chuck's dad get his trailer to the site and how does he get around with no vehicle?
2. The trailer was said to be 100 miles east of Barstow, CA. There is nothing there like the are where they show the trailer let alone trees. It's all desert with no trees and only the turn off to Exxex or better known as now where at all.
3. How he go with Sarah a Chuck in a two seater sports car?
4. He knew Chuck was the intersect from the start why didn't he say so when Chuck and Sarah showed up because he knew who she was also.
5. Didn't Sarah and Casey shoot and kill that one Fulcrum agent through the window after Orion was caught by the bad guys.
smirk
This one has been bothering me for a while and it just came to me why. We found out how old Morgan is now from his mother telling Big Mike. In Chuck Vs the Best Friend we see a flash back to 1992 at Elizabeth Stanton Middle School where Morgan and Chuck both go. How ever based on a little math he would only have been 9 in 1992 making him what, a 4th grader? How, it's not like with his brain he could have skipped a grade or three.
If more people read this junk they coulc get e couple answers right on the quiz questions I post.
In this episode the General oreders and air strike because she has learned that Once again Chuck was right and Fulcrum has an underground base where he said his Father was. However the F-16s come in firing missiles and not dropping the bombs that would be needed to take out an underground base. Also Roarke is with in a few feet of a missile explosion and is unhurt, and all he gets is a messed up suit? I don't think so.
smirk
All the way back to the Pilot when Morgan % Chuck open Chucks front door, the door from the inside swings in to the left. In Vs the Helicopter it swings to the right.
In all episodes Casey lives next door, except in Vs the helicopter hr tells Ellie he just moved in up stairs.
When both Sarah & Casey are trying to talk Chuck down while he's at the chopper controls neither of them mention the peddles that control the direction the chopper is pointed. It's kind of important to know how to use them to go where you want. I have kind of baked off bringing up things because there are so many but it's a game for me to spot them.

I was just watching the pilot episode again and something about the ninja was off by about oh I'd guess about 34-C. The ninja is missing the frontal girl parts and has no shape at all. Also when leaving seems to be dropping from and upstairs location. Chuck doesn't live up stairs do he?
Also in running toward the car it's obviously a guy because even women who run track don't run that way.
smirk
I was just watching Chuck Vs Tom Sawyer for the hundredth time and saw a pare of errors in a single shot. Chuck is about to reach the "kill Screen" and they show the satellite for the second time in a few minutes and it's over California for the second time. But the big error is they have it moving from east to west. I have never heard of one moving that direction. They are either geostationary traveling at the same rate the earth spins or they move in variations of west to east south west to northeast or northwest to south east. This is all do to the earths rotation and using it in orbiting.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک LindsayAckles said…
This is very interesting, Councilman. I also enjoy finding mistakes. I had actually also thought the bike/nerd herder thing was a bit strange, so glad I found out about that. Hahahaha I especially love the one about how chucks dad wouldve fit in the car with sarah and chuck. I watched that ep last week. One thing about that ep which is a little dumb is that once you've watched it once, everybodys reactions in the beginning don't really make sense. For example chucks dad has no reactions which make u suspicious. Which, granted, was probably what they wanted, but even when he was alone he acted all worried and confused about chuck when really he's known everything from the beginning. I re-watched the episode last week with the goal to see if I had missed any clues last time that he was actually Orion but I can honestly now say there weren't. Which is a teeny bit dumb.

LOVE CHUCK, yay!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Sunnysun033 said…
Councilman, in reply to your post about Chuck vs The Dream Job... Your #3 says how did Chuck's dad go with Chuck and Sarah in a 2 seater sports car. I was wondering about that too until I rewatched the part in Chuck vs The Broken Heart at the end where they drive to the trailer. Sarah's car actually does have a back seat. It's a four seater. The back seat is very small, but they could fit Chuck's dad and his stuff in the back seat and/or trunk. Not that I'm saying they put Chuck's dad in the trunk, just his stuff. Lol :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Sunnysun033 said…
link

You can see a small back seat in this scene :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک rabya_1 said…
that so true it definitely has logical issues but its v entertaining n light show.