Damon & Bonnie Regarding Damon, Bamon and future love مثلث in the "Hunters" trilogy (PLEASE READ, Bamonators).

ApplePie88 posted on Mar 22, 2011 at 12:01AM
I don't want this to come off as a rant and really, this isn't a rant. But I would just like to make a point because I think that it is very important for me to get off my chest. I was reading some comments off of the Bamon Midnight spoilers article and I was a little bit taken back, if not disappointed by some of my fellow Bamonators comments regarding Damon and Bamon's connection and relationship. I'm not going to name specific names, I'm not a drama starter, because it's more then one comment that I saw. I am a little upset that some of my fellow Bamon fans view Bamon's connection/relationship in such a shallow way. I'm saying this because I see that there are some spoilers regarding a future Bonnie/Damon/Xander (name of the new guy in The Hunters trilogy, who's a supposed werewolf) triangle in the upcoming trilogy, and I am seeing some fellow Bamon fans saying that they would like for Damon to become jealous because of Bonnie possibly developing a "kindred" connection with Xander. This upsets me because I thought that us as Bamon fans, always saw their connection is something significantly more meaningful and deeper then that. And the way that some Bamon fans are talking about Damon/Bonnie's relationship, they are making it out to be just another Delena-like relationship which is ego-based and obsessive. I'm sorry, but this bothers me. BONNIE MCCULLOUGH IS NOT ELENA GILBERT. BAMON IS NOT ANYTHING LIKE DELENA, NOR DO I EVER WANT IT TO BE IN THE FUTURE BOOKS. I'm seeing some comments suggesting that they would like Damon to be "possessive" over Bonnie and basically treat her like she is some prize or possession to be won (the exact same way that Damon has seen Elena since the very beginning), like she is strictly Damon's property. NO. I can't make it any clearer, but this is the LAST thing that I want to see in regards to Bamon's future connection/relationship. Damon has made so much progress in terms of his spiritual evolvement as an individual throughout this series. He's learned to become selfless, and he's learned the concept of unconditional love and acceptance and how to show kindness and compassion for others, how to be a helpful individual. If Damon becomes jealous and possessive because Bonnie happens to show some interest in the new guy (Xander), then that to me, would destroy absolutely destroy Damon as a character, it would destroy all of the crucial progress that he has made since the beginning of this series. Bonnie to me, represents everything that Damon has been searching for for his entire existence, including both his mortal life and his immortal life. She embodies absolutely everything that he has been searching for for over 500 years and because he couldn't search for this one special thing that he's yearned for deep down in his soul, he's suppressed all of his emotions for self-preservation. For me, and from my perspective, Bonnie "unfolded" Damon. She revealed his soul, she exposed his soul from the very first time they met. Bonnie brought all of the deeply buried inner emotions, everything that Damon hates about himself, everything that he has experienced during his both his mortal life and his immortal life combined, all of the excessive hurt, pain, abandonment, anger etc, which was all buried deep inside his inner soul for over 500 years, Bonnie brought all of these suppressed feelings, emotions and hurt up to the surface to be healed (mostly by Stefan and Elena). If it weren't for Bonnie, Damon wouldn't have spiritually evolved the way he did in this series. BONNIE SET EVERYTHING IN MOTION FOR DAMON. She triggered his spiritual awakening; this is why Damon is beginning to experience true and genuine emotions for other beings other then himself, because he has been awakened from within. And no, Damon's spiritual journey did NOT begin or start with Elena. Elena has always been there to assist him, to help him to grow, to help heal him. This is how I have always seen Bamon's connection throughout the series. Regardless of the fact that Bamon has had so little moments throughout this series, every little moment between them to me, is highly meaningful and deep. Damon/Bonnie connection is not like the Damon/Elena connection and L.J. Smith has written her own story to prove the difference between these two connections/relationships. Damon's feelings/love for Elena have always been selfish, obsessive and based on lust, revenge; their connection is entirely EGO-BASED. On the other hand, Damon's feelings for Bonnie have been nothing but the complete and total opposite of this throughout the series; selfless, unconditional, NON-EGO BASED. And IMO, I don't want that to change at all. To me, the fact that Damon has always been so incredibly giving and selfless with Bonnie is what has always differentiated Damon's connection with Elena from Damon's connection with Bonnie. And I don't understand why people would want to see Damon become so overly jealous and possessive over Bonnie because of some new guy that Bonnie happens to be attracted to. BONNIE IS NOT DAMON'S PROPERTY. Nor do I ever want to see Damon treat her as if she is his property. I don't want that kind of relationship for Damon/Bonnie. Their connection is too deep and meaningful for it to ever be ego-based. And not only would it destroy Damon/Bonnie's connection/relationship, but it would also destroy and assassinate Damon as a character. If Damon's gets jealous because Bonnie might possibly show interest in someone else, that to me is taking 10 steps back in terms of character growth and spiritual evolvement for Damon. Why would any Bamon fan want to see such a thing when we have already endured basically an entire series of Damon displaying these kind of negative emotions/feelings with Elena? Damon has been there and done that and that is the OLD Damon. I mean, I can't see Damon ever going back to being the egotistical bastard that he was during The Original Trilogy. Damon has spiritually evolved too much for him to go back to displaying those kinds of actions and emotions. Now, do I believe that there is still a lot more spiritual evolvement and healing for Damon in the future? Absolutely. Damon's spiritual journey is NEVER-ENDING. As with any other character in the series, whether it be Stefan, Elena, Matt, Meredith, even Bonnie. In terms of character growth and spiritual growth, I do think that Bonnie still has a lot more growth to do in terms of her individualism. She still has a lot of maturing to do. Even though Bonnie has matured so greatly since the very beginning of this series, I think it would be very essential for Bonnie to be, how shall I saw―explorative. I really do believe that Bonnie needs to spiritually evolve more and maybe, just maybe, this new love triangle with this new guy, Xander, would be good for her, not only for her relationship with Damon, but also for her own individual growth. Sometimes some people have to embark on other connections and relationships in order to realize that two people are meant to be together and I mean, REALLY meant to be together. They need to explore so that they can spiritually evolve. And I honestly do believe that a new "Admirer" in Bonnie's life could help her to mature and spiritually grow. And I really think that this may have been L.J. Smith's original intention when it came to writing this storyline in "Moonsong" (or so she says she was going to write had she not been "fired"). So, as a staunch Bamon supporter, I for one, would welcome this triangle between Bonnie/Damon/Xander. Generally, I despise triangles, but because Bonnie had to surpress her deep, strong feelings for Damon all of this time because of Damon's non-stop obsession with Elena, I think that maybe Bonnie needs to experience the same thing. Now when it comes to Damon and the new guy and Bonnie, I don't want Damon to be jealous, but I would accept him being "skeptical" and even curious. That I am OK with. But I don't want it to be based on any type of egoistic feelings, emotions such as jealousy and possessiveness. NO. To me, Damon is past that kind of thing, maybe not completely but he's getting past those kinds of intentions and emotions. And the last thing that I want to see are those kinds of egoistic feelings implemented into Damon/Bonnie's always selfless, giving and unconditional caring connection/relationship (which is what their connection has always been from the start). Why would any Bamon fan want to ruin that after all that Damon/Bonnie have been through, both as individuals and together, in terms of this spiritual growth and journey (a spiritual journey which Damon/Bonnie have embarked on together at the same pace throughout the series, only not as a couple but as individuals)?

I know this comes off as a rant but I just want to make a point. It does make me a little upset that some fellow Bamon fans don't see the depth and the meaning of Bamon's very special connection and relationship the way that I do. From L.J. Smith's own writing, I assume that L.J. Smith herself, also perceived and viewed the Bamon relationship/connection to be highly meaningful and deep and it makes me a little disappointed that some Bamon fans don't see that. Again, sorry for making this into a rant but I just had to get this off my chest.

Thoughts? Opinions? I welcome any fellow Bamon fans thoughts and opinions on what I have just stated.
last edited on Mar 22, 2011 at 12:05AM

Damon & Bonnie 11 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک veronicaaa said…
someone once said
"Where there is jealousy there is no love"

los celos son un sentimiento apasionante que refleja lo que tratamos de ignorar losiento siempre estoy muy deacuerdo con lo que dices pero temo que no esta vez claro que eso de que ellos tienen algo profundo y que su amor no es egoista es muy hermoso y cierto

yo soy de las que apoyaria a un damon celoso seria la mejor forma de saber lo que vale bonnie el ver como se le puede arrebatar como otro tipo le entrega todo su amor incondicional y como ella se abre a la idea de no vivir penando por el
Damon necesita un tipo de presion para que no siga reprimiendo sus sentimientos por ella y deje de perseguir a elena .
Damon se propone regresar de la dimension oscura por bonnie y elena el sabe que elena tiene a stefan y bonnie esta solo por eso le resulta mas facil ignorarla pero que pasaria si un tipo se acerca a quererle rebatar a su pajarito a su gatito eso le demostraria cuanto le importa

creeme el sentimiento de perdida es terrible damon debe de experimentarlo para analizar sus sentimientos.
en la mayoria de las relaciones los celos son mas para cuidar al ser querido para protegerlo porque se le ama tanto que no puedes soportar la idea de que le puedas perder
si aveces son un poco posesivos y egoistas pero cuando es verdadero amor es positivo para el ser humano

en mi opinion los celos siempre me han resultado exitantes en las relaciones claro controlados y que no se vuelvan una obsesion o una posesion en ocasiones los celos te asen ver lo que vale esa persona
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Minaftw said…
Well I know why some fans feel that way, I mean all her life Bonnie has come second to Elena, and maybe she still might feel that Damon only goes for her because Elena went for Stefan, and maybe it would be nice to see Bonnie be the leading lady for a bit. I'm not saying that Bonnie should fall for Xander but it would be nice to see that Damon really has something he needs to love with all his heart and know that Bonnie is second to NO ONE! I feel that's why fans want Damon to be jealous, because for once they want Bonnie to be the center of attention, which if you ask me, is long over due!
And I don't think they want him to be crazy jealous, like you said this could prove to be a growth for characters, and I think Bonnie needs the extra confidence
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک AngelusB said…
Bonnie does deserve to be the leading lady for a change because the glaring spotlight that is Elena is pretty annoying. The triangles are horrendous though and hope that L.J's intention is better than the last. I just think in terms of Damon's feelings that it would be nice to see him realize exactly what he could have had, had he removed his head from Elena's ass ages ago and as deep as their connection is and I feel it's amazing too, it's time he fight for Bonnie.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Maximumridefan said…
Though I understand your point, I also agree with Angelus, and Mina. Damon's eyes need to be opened to what he's missing.

Up until now, Damon has had no competition when it comes to Bonnie, aside from Matt, who I don't think is that big of a threat (don't kill me Ines! I still love him.)

But a hot werewolf, another supernatural would be a different story I think.

But do I want Damon to become obssesively jealous like he is with Elena? Hell no, but a little jealousy, why not? It might even do both of them good. I would actually be a little dissapointed if he showed absolutely none.

At first, I completely detested the idea of the Damon/Bonnie/Xander thing because I HATE triangles and didn't think we would need another one in the series, since I don't want Bonnie to be like Elena and shuffle around with two guys.

But now i'm a bit more open to it, as long as Bonnie doesn't develope deep feelings for Xander. A small crush/flirtation is okay, but nothing serious.

BUT I don't think it's going to happen now, since L.J has been fired. If the publishers were tired of the Stefan/Elena/Damon thing, why start another one?
@Max: I don't want Damon to be jealous either, I just want him to finally recognize that he is in love with her. It's a clear as day, he shows it in many ways, he just can't seem to voice it to himself. Stubborn boy.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ApplePie88 said…
@Veronicaaa, MinaFTW, AngelusB & Maximum: I respect and understand all of your opinions and perspectives. In fact, you have all managed to make me see your POV much better and possibly even make me sway my opinion on what I have stated in my non-rant (well, yeah, it's a rant LOL). I guess all of you are right to a certain degree about Damon showing a little bit of jealousy when it comes to Bonnie. My biggest fear, however, is letting negative emotions and intentions overtake Damon/Bonnie's connection. It's my BIGGEST fear. I have this huge fear that Bamon will become another Delena-like relationship and that is the LAST thing that I want to see happen to my ship which I love so much. If anything, I have always wanted or dreamed for Bamon to have a similar (not exact) relationship to Stelena. Both Stefan and Elena love each other so much, and there is a huge trust between them that goes beyond words. The love that they have for each other is so inherently powerful that it overcomes any obstacles that manage to come between them or get in their way. This is why I love Stelena so much, both in the novels and the TV show because their love is so real, and pure and divine, there is so much trust and unconditional love; it is incredibly selfless and giving. And both Stefan and Elena are willing to absolutely anything and everything for one another. One gives to the other without expecting absolutely anything in return and to me, I see the Bamon relationship emulating the same path in the future as their connection and their love for each other continues to go much stronger and deeper. This is kind of the same path that Stefan and Elena took in the very beginning of the series. And IMO, Bamon emulates the Stelena relationship, except I feel that of course, it is taking Damon a significantly longer time to realize the connection and his deep feelings for Bonnie. In the very beginning, Stefan and Elena knew that there was an instant magnetic and indescribable connection between the two of them (like Damon and Bonnie also knew in After Hours) and although both Stefan and Elena realized this special connection, Stefan chose to deny it by ignoring Elena and running away from her. He did this because not only did she resemble (not exactly look alike) his past love Katherine whom he loved more then anything back then and who had "died" over 500 years ago, but he ran away from Elena because Elena is his mirror. She was basically reflecting back to Stefan all of his past inner hurts, sadness, depression, self-hatred etc. All of these suppressed emotions that Stefan has kept locked away for over 500 years during his time living in the shadows, Elena brought all of this up to the surface to be healed. But IMO, Elena didn't directly heal Stefan the way that Elena "healed" Damon. Stefan healed himself, by giving up and finally letting his walls crumble down and letting love (Elena) in. This is similar to what I feel will happen in the future for Bamon and is actually beginning to happen now. I view Bamon as the most special connection in the entire TVD series (even though I think Stelena is exceptional and beautiful in itself). It is a very precious, highly meaningful and deep connection/relationship and I just have a fear of their relationship having those kinds of egoistic emotions (such as anger, jealousy, revenge, possession, obsession etc) implemented into their connection/relationship. Because IMO, Bamon has never been about that. Bamon and Delena are complete and total opposites in terms of dynamics; they are like night and day. And I want them to stay opposites. I guess I can understand some Bamon fans wanting to see some jealousy on the part of Damon but I have a feeling that of Damon does show such an emotion when it comes to Bonnie, she might get scared off, causing a rift in their relationship/connection and I really don't want to see that. That would just be really destructive to their connection. But at the same time, it could also be a good thing, because it would show that Damon is finally realizing as well, as accepting his deep feelings for Bonnie; this strong connection in which he has always had with her since the beginning but has chosen to avoid and ignore out of "fear".
^^ Haha I will agree with that. I don't want ANY aspect of the Delena relationship in the Bamon one. *Shudders*

If the writers do the love triangle (which I doubt they will) I just hope they don't do everything that L.J had planned. According to the email, she was going to have Damon "accidentally" almost kill Xander, which to me, is a bit obsessive like.

Ugh how do I put this? I guess I want Damon to only to be jealous to the point of having slightly negative thoughts towards Xander, but not to the point of trying to ruin whatever there is between Bonnie/Xander, because that would remind me too much of what he does to Stefan/Elena (which would be a nightmare).

So all in all, I wouldn't have minded if Damon was jealous to an EXTENT. If L.J's plan had followed through, and she had Damon trying to harm Xander or split him away from Bonnie, that would have pissed me off, because it would be exactly what he tries to do with Stefan and Elena.

So I guess in a way, i'm kind of in the middle when it comes to the two view points.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Minaftw said…
^^ yeah if Damon is going to kill Xander, I am not okay with that, Bonnie should be allowed to be friends with who ever she wantes. I just wanted Bonnie to get some personal attention that was all.
worried
I'd rather there wasn't a triangle at all if that is L.J's intention. It would simply lace their whole relationship with the delena negativity if he tried to kill Xander. :/
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک DamonsLilBird said…
crying
WTF? A triangle for Bon BOn? No mates I rather watch Bonnie die then her become the next big whore (sorry Elame lol) but its flippin true. She already had Mutt what she needed adding another gent into the problem?
smile
DamonsLilBird: I think the Matt/Bonnie thing has been blown out of the water in Midnight. I saw hints of Meredith/Matt in there, and i'm starting to think that L.J was aiming at them as a pairing. But now that she's been fired, who knows what will happen...

But I really don't think you'll have to worry about the Damon/Bonnie/Xander thing. I don't think the publishers will put it in now that they're in charge. :)