OMG, JUST FOUND THESE ON TWOP AND FANPOP:
-The main plotlines are for Elena, Damon and Stefan in the finale. Stefan has to deal with a whole concept of loosing his brother forever - something he refused to allow way back in the beginning of their vampire lives. And now it’s real again. Stefan is ready to cross to the ends of earth and do anything to save him, but there's no cure. So what will Stefan do, how far will he go to save his brother. They might fight from time to time, but they can't live without each other.
- Damon is suffering very badly from the were-bite. Due to various similarities and other circumstances, he remembers a lot of things from his past with Katherine and seeks Elena's forgiveness before the end of his life. But that’s not just for viewers. Elena will also get an insight into both brothers she did not have before as well as some bits of Damon's flashbacks might change her opinion of both of them.
-Elena is quite “anxious” and “unstable” thanks to the events in the Ritual. And now, even though the threat for now is gone, all those things still linger and have consequences. There are terrible developments in town taking place, then there’s Damon’s situation and other things. And then someone dies in front of her eyes…let’s just say it all goes into an interesting direction. A lot of people will be in love with N. Dobrev after this ep airs.
-Never the less, there are also side-plot points dealing with other characters dealing with the aftermath (like Bonnie and Jeremy, or Caroline), as well as the overarching plotline of a huge event in mystic falls taking place, that connects all those plots and leads it all into quite a bloodbath. And we all know huge events never end well
-While 2x21 is certainly a river of tears, 2x22 is not too far behind. Except that 2x22 is far more shocking in to where the show is being led for next season.
- There’s a lot of stuff that has to do with Klaus and Stefan. Klaus taking interest in people is never a good thing.
-In response to E! spoilers about expected/unexpected between Damon and Elena: Delena won’t “happen”. It just means that there will be two important scenes between them. One scene people could already suspect and guess by now. Other scene is IMPOSSIBLE to suspect, because its HEAVILY dependent on the events in the finale. Its not something one could guess without knowing the entire context of the finale plotlines :)
-We'll see Caroline's dad next season
-Carol is involved in the finale, just as Liz is.
What to expect in 2x21:
- Dark things.
- Deaths, tragic ones.
- Meaningless heroic sacrifice.
- A Victory and The Defeat.
- A funeral.
What to expect in 2x22:
- Dark tone and fake happiness
- A bonding.
- A mistake.
- Someone's death right in front of elena.
- A bloodbath.
- set-wrecking actions from characters you would not expect it.
- A small but intense and game-changing cliffhanger that hints of just how dark and different the season 3 will be.