This is not a real مضمون on anything of actual relevance to the fanpop DPs. This is a miscellaneous piece "about myself" for a topic--- because I was forced the write recommendation letters for myself a lot of late...and now I just feel like I can tackle a "blip" مضمون like this without completely gagging over how boring I appear.
Well, my name is Laura. I'm glad my mother refused to let my grandmother name me, Jennifer. ( Grandma did name my cousin, Jennifer, though. So there is a Jennifer in the family).
What would be worth saying about me...?
Okay. I guess I'm vocal, though half of the time people would really like me to be quiet. I grew up hearing other kids and adults tell me to "be quiet and to shut up" a lot --- so perhaps I'm now bucking their authority, and making up for lost time.
My opinions aren't really accepted سے طرف کی anyone, save my closest friends. My mother doesn't like the way I think, which is why she is always trying to "correct my thinking" and "stop me from making stupid statements." lol, lol, lol.
Let's see... In my short and crammed 31 years of being alive I have managed to do the following:
1) Kept going to school; I now have four degrees, and am going back to school for some مزید certifications, soon. Most of my degrees are in the sciences, but I do have an associates in the arts.
2) Had classical musical training via studying piano, and playing in state piano competitions; also playing accompaniment for my sister, a violinist; and playing in worship/youth bands. I was the keyboardist for everyone for the LONGEST TIME.
3) Had martial arts training, and received a first degree black بیلٹ, پٹی in Korean Tae Kwon Do. ( I can relate to Mulan having to train hard to gain endurance/ body strength). It's been years, but my پسندیدہ kicks are still the round-kick, the hook-kick, the reverse hook-kick, and the tornado kick.
4) Drew an inordinate amount of pictures, and learned to draw from literally staring at Trina Schart Hyman's detailed illustrations/ paintings until my eyes hurt and I had each of them memorized; never went to formal art school, but someone who did, taught me pointillism; I got out of art because art does not pay, and some artists can be overly jealous creatures, very quick to put down others as being "less talented" than they are. BullS*T.
5) Wrote an inordinate amount of stories; got no traction when I tried to send/submit two of them; editors love slush piles and shoving any kind of story they can into the trash; editors are extremely picky people in the creative writing world; I have abandoned writing much of anything not related to science.
6) Started collecting Disney stuff as a kid. Didn't think about that really until now. But I kept all of my old Snoopy and Ariel stuff. I kept the mylar Mulan balloon my mother got me. Now I'm collecting tons of Ariel things ( because Disney suddenly allowed a plethora of products to become available last سال and this year). I began collecting snow globes from my پسندیدہ Disney movies.
7) Doll-making started in my childhood. I sewed my own برداشت, ریچھ and rabbit. Sewed tons of rag dolls and outfits for them. Created my own marionette. Took up crochet, and have crocheted Ponyo, Merida, Mulan, and Ariel dolls with detachable fins, dresses, outfits, etc. (You won't find these DP dolls anywhere but Etsy; they cost a fortune, and those dolls aren't as detailed as mine. I looked at screencaps for mine. Thinking about doing Rapunzel, next. But my پسندیدہ screencap site first got banned سے طرف کی Disney, and then, when the individual finally got permission from Disney to put it up again, his/her harddrive crashed and he/she lost three years of work and all of the pics. Poor guy/girl).
8) Somewhere along the way I learned to dress better, and find clothes and an eclectic style that fit me; did goth, did bohemian; did my own piercings ( to my mother's horror and tirades), but did not venture into tattoos; jewelry became a uniform and an "armor" that I could "don" --- since everyone seemed to relate to that easily, and not to my love of reading books, and to my ADORATION of Dickens's David Copperfield ( my پسندیدہ book in the world. Yes, it did سب, سب سے اوپر Tolkien and C.S. Lewis for me). Yes, I am part Mulan, part Ariel, part Belle, part Merida, and part Rapunzel. Now آپ can see why I sort of relate to those princesses and NOT to Elsa and Anna. The ONLY thing I relate to with the Frozen sisters is liking chocolate.
So. I'm literate, and like reading A LOT. I read scientific مضامین from scientific journals nearly all the time, which are harder than reading Shakespearean plays because they get all technical with the jargon. Shakespeare is a low-demand, fun read now. I used to read Macbeth and Hamlet for fun. Reading everything feels like reading a picture book right now. Heck, reading Tolkien, Le Guin, Neil Gaiman, Terry Goodkind, Diana Gabaldon, Jacqueline Carey, and George R.R. Martin feel like reading children's chapter books-- even if they're meant for adult readers. I rarely meet a word I don't know the meaning of at this point, and when I do, that's when my buddy, Dr. Dictionary, arrives.
So. I like the موسیقی most in Disney movies, and the characters a little mess so. The plot in a Disney movie, یا any other movie--- can not be FULL OF HOLES, یا I will NEVER re-watch it. But here are my پسندیدہ Disney movies.
2. The Little Mermaid
4. Brave ( the PIXAR/DISNEY mashup)
7. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
8. Beauty and the Beast
10.The Nightmare Before Christmas
12. The Lion King
(Frozen doesn't appear, because...it was truly the most underwhelming Disney movie I have ever seen. It made the three original Walt Disney technicolor pictures seem far better in their delivery, message, pacing, and songs).
My پسندیدہ فلمیں of all in general are The Lord of The Rings trilogy سے طرف کی Peter Jackson. سیکنڈ runner ups are Jame's Cameron's space odyssey, Avatar, and his tear-jerker Titanic in small doses. Joss Whedon's Serenity, and his "The Avengers" are both exemplar comedic adventures. The plots in all of the above فلمیں work WELL. I do also like the Kate Beckinsale Underworld movies, where weirdly corrupt genetic science meets vampires and werewolves.
Still love Tim برٹن movies. I like the Corpse Bride, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory ( which wasn't a bad adaptation of Ronald Dahl's acerbic wit), Alice in Wonderland, and some others which slip my memory at the moment. I love Helena Bonham Carter, Tim Burton's actual wife, btw. I also really, really liked Wes Andersen's Fantastic Mr. Fox.
پسندیدہ tv programs used to be House and Bones. Now it's مزید Firefly, Game of Thrones, Avatar Ang from the Nickelodeon series, Avatar Korra, Longmire, Haven ( a syfy spinoff from Stephen King), and some others.
پسندیدہ recording artist is Alecia Moore who goes سے طرف کی the name of P!nk. I've been a گلابی freak for 13 years and counting.... I also love the rock band Alter Bridge, and my icelandic guys, Sigur Ros. This is all aside from Classical music, Claude Debussy in particular, and Disney soundtracks.
And that's a wrap, folks. See? I told آپ that I'm not all that interesting. In fact, with all of this long laundry list, you'll probably want to go rest your eyeballs from staring at a computer screen for so long.
Please go do that.
And if آپ feel up to it-- if something in this appealed to آپ at all-- don't hesitate to mention it below.
Have a nice day, peeps!