Awww Music Oh, Snap! Quiz Retro Silly Whoa Yum
If we had three wishes, we’d use all of them on being able to watch
every day for the rest of forever. But just watching the movie over and over can’t satiate our need for trivia facts … which is why we’ve compiled this list. Go forth and learn some new things!
2. Robin Williams improvised 16 hours of material for the Genie.
3. The day of a particularly bad screening of an early version of the film, was dubbed “Black Friday” by the crew. They spent the next eight days completely restructuring the story.
4. Animator Glen Keane based Aladdin’s pants off of those worn by none other than MC Hammer.
5. Rubbing the lamp original gifted Aladdin with unlimited wishes. Filmmakers finally decided that three wishes made the plot stronger and the stakes higher.
6. Originally Aladdin’s character design was based on Michael J. Fox, but Jeffrey Katzengberg wanted Aladdin to be an iconic hero type, so he suggested a look more inspired by Tom Cruise.
7. According to Jonathan Freeman, Jafar’s voice is based on a mix of Vincent Price and Boris Karloff.
8. In an early version of the story there were two genies, one with a lamp and one with a ring.
Diamond Edition is now available on Blu-ray, Digital HD, and Disney Movies Anywhere!
Explore the World with These Disney Travel Posters
11 Tips and Tricks for Turning Your Life into a Disney Movie
Dating Tips – Disney Princess Edition
9 Reasons You Should Definitely Not Watch a Disney Movie...
Aladdin and Jasmine Reunited Again, Plus Other Amazing...
Get the latest Disney news, quizzes, and more fun stuff delivered straight to your inbox with the Oh My Disney Newsletter!
Mulan and Merida to Team Up on Once Upon a Time!
Quiz: Which Beauty and the Beast Character are You?
Alan Menken, Lea Salonga, and Brad Kane Reunite in this Performance of “A Whole New World”
Quiz: Which Disney Quote do You Need to Hear Right Now?
Mark Your Calendars: Disney•Pixar Just Announced Release Dates Through 2019
Our Top 10 Favorites from Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival
quiz: how many of these disney guys would you date?
how epcot food and wine festival highlights the park’s amazing uniqueness
watch ne-yo snap and spin his way through “friend like me” from aladdin
our spooky and stylish nightmare before christmas picks
the 5 most endearing arlo moments in the new the good dinosaur trailer
just in time for fall: bundle up with adorable disney flannels
5 things we learned from fusion’s r5 soundbites mini-documentary
details on season of the force at disneyland emerge from hyperspace
© Disney. All Rights Reserved. Disney Lifestyle