Fan-Made Disney فلمیں Disney Sequel Contest Judging - Round Thirteen: Best Ending_

cruella posted on Oct 03, 2016 at 08:51PM
Okay judges, it's time for the judging to begin! We'll have a variety of areas that we will be judging, but for Round Thirteen we'll be voting on story with the concept art.

A few ground rules:
- You can NOT vote for yourself. Duh...
- You have to have read all the entries. It's only fair.
- Don't choose to vote/not vote for something just because you like/dislike that users.

Voting is simple:
- Just choose which of the stories categories you believe to be the best per round
- And also explain WHY you liked it enough for you to vote for it

The categories you'll be judging on are:
1.Overall Best Story
2.Best Leading Lady
3.Best Leading Man
4.Best Villain
5.Best Couple
6.Overall Best New Characters
7.Staying true to the original characters
8 Best character development
9.Best comic relief
10.Best Songs
11. Best end credit song
12.Best Concept Art
13.Best Ending

Judges:
cruella
KataraLover
AaronHaley4ever
deedragongirl
OnceUponASptmbr

WINNERS:
Round One: Overall Best Story
KataraLover
Round Two Best Leading Lady
KataraLover
Round Three: Best Leading Man
cruella
Round Four: Best Villain
AaronHaley4ever
Round Five: Best Couple
KataraLover
Round Six: Overall Best New Characters
AaronHaley4ever
Round Seven: Staying true to the original characters
cruella
Round Eight: Best character development
KataraLover
Round Nine: Best comic relief
cruella
Round Ten: Best Songs
KataraLover
Round Eleven: Best end credit song
KataraLover
Round Twelve: Best Concept Art
AaronHaley4ever
Round Twelve: Best Ending
voting

Entries:

1. SarahCorine
link

2. AaronHaley4ever
link
link
link
link

3. cruella
link
link

4. AaronHaley4ever
link
link

5. KataraLover
link
last edited on Dec 10, 2017 at 09:52PM

Fan-Made Disney فلمیں 73 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 73

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک KataraLover said…
My vote for the best overall story goes to True Treasure. Frozen Fire was a great story but something about it wasn't as interesting. I guess I think the story flows better in True Treasure and I felt more of the suspense from it. It might also be that I'm more into the characters than in Frozen Fire. True Treasure had a lot of heart put into it and was a fun adventure like the show.
cruella commented…
Thank آپ پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک cruella said…
I think all the entries were very well done but I have go with A Twist In Time. KataraLover did a great job, combining the events of both Cinderella sequels into one coherent story, that is exciting and flows well.
KataraLover commented…
Aww, thank آپ SO MUCH! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک AaronHaley4ever said…
I'm also voting for A Twist in Time. This was a villain redemption story done right! The character development makes perfect sense, the pacing was perfect, and the plot was suspenseful and engaging.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک rzenteno said…
I don't know how to vote, but i love go with A Twist In Time. it just got great characters and story.
cruella commented…
Voting is simple. After you've read each entry, just write down the story that آپ like مجموعی طور پر the most, and give a few reasons. It looks like آپ did it correctly. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک deedragongirl said…
Definitely, kataralover. He writes his story in a very whimsical way.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
cruella commented…
I'm afraid you've misunderstood the contest. These are fan-made sequels you're judging, the لنکس to the entries are at the سب, سب سے اوپر of the forum. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
deedragongirl commented…
So sorry, will ترمیم my comments! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Okay it's time to begin judging Round Two: Best Leading. For this round you'll be nominating the heroine you feel is the best. You're only allowed to nominate one even if there are co-heroines in a story. Also try to judge based on her performance in this story, in other words don't vote for a heroine just because you liked her in her original movie.

The eligible ladies are:

Pocahontas (Found Again)
Hannah (Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows)
Minnie Mouse (True Treasure)
Webby Vanderquack (True Treasure)
Helga (Frozen Fire)
Anna (Frozen Fire)
Anastasia Tremaine (A Twist in Time)
Cinderella (A Twist in Time)
My vote goes to Anastasia. Her development was done incredibly well, even better then the actual sequels.
KataraLover commented…
Thank آپ so much! That's very flattering to hear. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
I think I'll go with Minnie Mouse from True Treasure. Helga may have won this round in the last contest, but she didn't do that much in Frozen Fire. Not her fault because she was under a curse of a deadly sickness. But I really love Minnie in this. I love how she's strong willed and can take care of herself but in a realistic way. She calls people out on their crap when they deserve it but is still kind.
cruella commented…
Omg, sorry for missing the deadline! I've been really busy lately.

Anyway, if I'm still allowed to vote, I'll go with Anastasia. As cruella said, her development was beautifully done, and I found her much more complex and relatable here than in any of the Cinderella movies.
smile
i vote for Anastasia too. Just like you said cruella but i think she's just great in the third movie of Cinderela.
Team Anastasia all the way.
Alright it's time to begin judging Round Three: Best Leading Man. For this round you'll be nominating the hero you feel is the best. Like with Leading Lady, you're only allowed to nominate one even if there are co-heroes in a story. Also try to judge based on his performance in this story, in other words don't vote for a hero just because you liked him in his original movie.

The eligible men are:

John Smith (Found Again)
Francois (Frankie) (Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows)
Eddie (Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows)
Scrooge McDuck (True Treasure)
Hans (Frozen Fire)
Vilhelm (Frozen Fire)
William (The Baker) (A Twist in Time)
Henry (Prince Charming) (A Twist in Time)
KataraLover commented…
Wouldn't Henry (AKA Charming) be considered a leading man as well? He has the same amount of time he has in the actualy third movie. He's actually probably in it مزید than William actually is. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
cruella commented…
You're right. I was so tired when I put this up put it must have slipped my mind. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
smile
My vote is for Henry aka Charming. I've always adored his character in Cinderella 3 and KataraLover did a great job of capturing it, while adding more depth.
KataraLover commented…
Thank آپ so much! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
My vote goes to Scrooge because he's such a complex and entertaining character. He's a miser but he cares about his friends and family too, he's rough but had morals, is kind to Webby but has his limits, and is an overall great and likable character. cruella did a wonderful job capturing the character 100% and I don't think it could've been done any better by anyone else but her (not even the actual writers of Ducktales).
cruella commented…
Wow! Thanks! That means a lot to hear. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
I'm voting for Scrooge McDuck because he was a very fun and well-developed character. Cruella did a perfect job capturing his personality, and I loved the direction she took his character arc!
I love Scrooge, I love Scottish accent!
i also voting for Scrooge McDuck too, In the honor of Alan Young, I don't what else to write about.
Now it's time to begin judging Round Four: Best Villain. For this round you'll be nominating the villain you feel is the best. Like with the two previous rounds, you're only allowed to nominate one even if there are co-villains in a story. Also try to judge based on his/her performance in this story.

The eligible bad guys and girls are:

John Rolfe (Found Again)
Morgana (Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows)
Hans (Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows)
Edgar Balthazar (Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows)
Forte (Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows)
Flintheart Glomgold (True Treasure)
The Beagle Boys (True Treasure)
Valda (Frozen Fire)
Lady Tremaine (A Twist In Time)
Drizella (A Twist In Time)
Lucifer (A Twist In Time)
I nominate Valda. She's got everything needed to make a good villain; like a good backstory, strong motives, and she has a lot of depth to her.
AaronHaley4ever commented…
Thank you! :) پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
My vote goes to Valda BY FAR! She's an absolutely fantastic villain that completely DOMINATES this round! She's clever, sinister, complex, fun, classy, ruthless, sympathetic, sassy, has strong motives, a good backstory, and has a lot of depth to her. She reminds me A LOT of Zelena from Once Upon A Time, who is absolutely AWESOME!
Whoa, Valda really reminds آپ of Zelena? That's a huge compliment! Thank آپ so much! :) پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
I'm voting for Lady Tremaine because she was every bit as cold and domineering as the original but with an added layer of ruthlessness to her. The lengths she was willing to go to get ahead in life are scary, but the thing that makes her downright terrifying is that she justifies her actions as "helping"
Lady Tremaine, she reminds me of Simon Cowell, Mr and Mrs Nasty!!!
Now it's time for us to start judging Round Five: Best Couple. For this round you'll be nominating the couple you feel is the best. And like other rounds, you're only allowed to nominate one even if there are co-couples in a story. Also try to judge based on their performance in this story.

The eligible couples are:

Pocahontas & John Smith (Found Again)
Hannah & Rafe (Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows)
Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse (True Treasure)
Hans & Helga (Frozen Fire)
Anna & Kristoff (Frozen Fire)
Anastasia Tremaine & William (A Twist In Time)
Cinderella & Henry (A Twist In Time)

My vote goes to Anastasia and William. They have very good chemistry; much better than they did in Dreams Come True where they only shared a few lines.
Hard choice between Hans & Helga or Mickey & Minnie. I'm not sure why but I guess Mickey and Minnie. These two are sweet together, makes mistakes but it's usually out of love, aren't afraid to call each other out on their crap, their love is genuine and obvious, and they respect each other.
cool
As KataraLover mentioned, it IS a tough choice! But in this case, I'll go for Cinderella and Henry!
Yikes! Sorry for the late reply... holiday craziness has kept me busy lately!
Anyway, this was a really tough choice, but I'm going with Anastasia & William because they have amazing chemistry and I love the way their relationship develops.
It's time to begin round six. In this round all you do is nominate the story you think has the best new characters, its pretty straight forward.

The stories you can nominate are:

1. Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows
2. True Treasure
3. Frozen Fire
I'm voting for Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows. It definitely has the most new characters of any of the entries and I found them all to be interesting and well done.
Thank آپ so much! :) پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Well, considering only three of them have new original characters it's made easier. True Treasure I think only had that girl scout leader lady, who was a pain (Which was done on purpose, of course lol)! Frozen Fire had a great villain and new protagonist (I guess shared with Hans) but that was it for me. Descants 2: Out of the Shadows has my vote! I can't believe I just voted for something related to Descendants in a positive light. Well, this entry does actually make a kind of good sequel to an awful movie! The new characters are the reason for that. Most of the new good guys are likable and not made to look horrible in order to make the bad guys look good. Plus the protagonist is pretty likable as well and I get really invested in her. MAJOR props to AaronHayley4ever for being able to make a decently enjoyable product out of such a crappy product. Also THANK YOU FOR NOT MAKING THE NEW GOOD GUYS SO DESPICABLE LIKE THE ORIGINAL DID WITH THE GOOD GUYS!
You're welcome! And thank آپ for voting for my story! I know how much آپ hate Descendants, so it means a lot to me. :( پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک OnceUponASptmbr said…
heart
Firstly, thank you for appointing me as a judge, Cruella 🌷 I'd like to reassure everyone that I am an unbiased participant that has taken time over this past week to read all of these *INCREDIBLE* stories 😇 Secondly, as previously hinted, I thoroughly enjoyed *all* of your stories and would like to commend all of you for well-done jobs 👏 👏 Thirdly, I'd like to announce my selection for this round's winner: AaronHaley4ever's "Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows" 🌼 Yes, thus far, the choice is unanimous 😉 As Cruella and KataraLover have already stated, it is highly impressive how you managed to execute a popular modern trope in an entertaining manner & incorporate little details that many would not even consider. Based on your helpfully informative outlines alone, I could tell that these new additions possessed characterizations which would "drive" the story along and present interesting conflicts in the process 😁
Welcome to the judges! And thank آپ for your vote! I'm so glad آپ like my characters! :) پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
OnceUponASptmbr commented…
Thanks so much for your warm welcome 😁 But of course! Many thanks for creating them 🌼 پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Since 2 of the entries with new characters are mine, I have to vote for True Treasure by default, but that's okau. The new character was nicely written and served her purpose in the story well.
Angelica from Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas.
cruella commented…
Sorry but the three eligible stories stomp the contest are: 1. Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows 2. True Treasure 3. Frozen آگ کے, آگ پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
It's time to begin round seven. In this round all you do is nominate the story you think has done the best job staying true to the original characters, its pretty straight forward.

1. Found Again
2. Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows
3.True Treasure
4.Frozen Fire
5.A Twist In Time
I nominate True Treasure. It's not surprising at all, since cruella did win this award in the last contest with the same characters. Every single word and action was exactly what I expected these characters to do. That's how well she captured it. None of it felt unconvincing!
cruella commented…
Thanks! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
I nominate A Twist in Time. KataraLover did stick fairly close to the original Cinderella sequel so that probably helped keep them in character. But in the parts he changed he did a great job keeping them in character while developing them.
KataraLover commented…
Thank you! Although, I'm 99.99% sure that you're going to win this round like آپ did in the last contest, which آپ really deserve! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
heart
I apologize for my lateness, everyone, but I had one hectic weekend 😱 Anyway, I also nominate Cruella's "True Treasure" because I felt as if I were reading a long-lost script for another "Duck Tales" film the entire time. It was just completely authentic to what we've already seen of these characters for the past three decades, and I really appreciated the expansion upon Minnie Mouse and Scrooge McDuck's friendship 😄 You can tell by Minnie's worried exclamations and furrowed "brows" from past productions that she is someone that considers every possibility and is much deeper than people give her credit for, and you managed to capture that wonderfully. You balanced Scrooge's complex character masterfully as well, and you thoughtfully continued Webigail's maturation, too. You perfectly blended humor, danger, and camaraderie in the same manner as the original 🌹
KataraLover commented…
Couldn't have کہا it better myself پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
cruella commented…
Thank آپ so much. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
OnceUponASptmbr commented…
آپ are certainly welcome, Cruella 🌸 Many thanks, KataraLover 🌷 😸 پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
blush
*Webbigail
Soooo sorryfor the lateness! Anyway my vote goes to True Treasure. The others have already stated the reasons better than I ever could. It really does read like an official Ducktales story, and there wasn't a single moment when I thought 'No, these characters wouldn't do that!'. I was especially impressed with the way Scrooge McDuck and Minnie Mouse were written!
cruella commented…
Thank you! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Frozen Fire for me!
Okay judges it's time to start round eight. In this round all you do is nominate the story you think has done the best job overall developing characters, its pretty straight forward.

1. Found Again
3.True Treasure
4.Frozen Fire
5.A Twist In Time
I felt like Scrooge's development in True Treasure was truly amazing and showing how complex and interesting he is. Some of the other characters developed pretty decently too. So True Treasure has my vote. Although, the development in Frozen Fire and SURPRISINGLY Descendants 2: Out of the Shadows were pretty good too.
cruella commented…
I'm voting for A Twist In Time, mainly for Anastasia's development and her very believable redemption. Some of the other characters were pretty well developed too, but she took the cake. She was done even better than in the actual Cinderella sequels.
KataraLover commented…
heart
ErMahGoodness, this really is a toughie, but I choose "True Treasure" once again 🌸 I'm sorry, y'all, but I don't really have the energy or time to provide an adequate answer 😹 I'm reporting back to lab in less than twenty minutes and my congestion is messing with my overall functioning today. Love and peace to all 💖
cruella commented…
Thanks! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
This round was the hardest yet, but I'm going to go with A Twist in Time. Anastasia's redemption arc was very well thought-out and believable, and I loved the way Lady Tremaine sort of devolved and became progressively more evil and deranged as the story went on. I also enjoyed the subtle development of Cinderella, William, and Prince Henry.
KataraLover commented…
A Twist in Time!
Alright everybody it's time to start nine eight. In this round all you need do is nominate the story you feel has the funniest characters/ best comic relief. It's very straight forward as usual.

1. Found Again
3.True Treasure
4.Frozen Fire
5.A Twist In Time
I nominate Frozen Fire. I've always found Olaf to be a funny character, and AaronHaley4ever did a good job portraying him. He got some laughs out of me, and served as a nice balance against the darker story.
There is absolutely NO CONTEST for this round! We might as well just give the award to cruella right now for True Treasure! It's absolutely HILARIOUS! It captures the humor of the Mickey Mouse and Friends franchise perfectly without taking away from the more serious moments. It even makes fun of that stupid cliche of people being frozen with fear instead of either running for their lives or just doing something. THANK YOU! Somebody finally addressed the stupidity of that cliche but also didn't hammer it in. It also had Goofy and Donald Duck, so that's already an automatic win! It figures that since cruella won this round in the last contest using these same characters that she'll likely win it again by using these characters in a new story, and deservingly so. So True Treasure has my vote!
cruella commented…
Thank you! :) پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
laugh
I tried composing this from my Kindle, but it was very glitchy for some reason =| Anyway, I concur with KataraLover =^_^= I choose "True Treasure" yet again!
cruella commented…
Thanks! :) پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک