Fanpop Anti-Fanpop

maybeastarbucks posted on Jul 11, 2007 at 05:51PM
I love Fanpop, but I think that they should make a site where you can become an anti-fan. Like for instance, I personally hate Spongebob, Family Guy, and Myspace. I wish there was a website where you could become an Anti-Fan of the things you hate. It wouldn't be nearly as successful as Fanpop, because you wouldn't want to post videos and links about things you hate, but I still think it would be a cool idea. What are your thoughts?

Fanpop 7 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک papa said…
I actually think this is a pretty cool idea :-)

I can't guarantee anything...but I'll give it some thought...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک PkmnTrainerJ said…
I don't really see the point in that, if you're not a fan of something, simply don't join the spot.

Also, keep hateful discussions about things others love to yourself, likelihood is, they have heard it all before, and it will just pass them by.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک harold said…
Why don't you just make a question: How do you feel about X?" with picks "Love it!" "Despise it!" "I'm indifferent" and "I have no idea what it is"? That would allow you to vent, and since picks are posted to the top page of the site, more than just the lovers of X would see it.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک KonekoSora said…
angry
I agree. I think their needs to be a place where it is safe for fans to vent about stuff that they don't like.

To people who say things like "just ignore it if you don't like it" I have to say this. We do. At least, we try to. However all that frustration builds up inside and we feel the need to vent.

For example: I have been a fan of Fullmetal Alchemist for years. However, I can't stand the yaoi parings that are so popular amongst the fanbase. I particularly have issues with the RoyEd paring. I won't go into why I have so many issues with that paring. The paring issue is a one that arises in every fandom no matter the genre. Some people love them. Others hate them. They will never go away.

Right now there is no safe place that I know of where we fans can express our frustration to like minded people. If we do, we get labeled as haters and accused of being intolerant of others opinions. The reality is we are quite tolerant. We put up with it everyday. Yet we get accused of spreading hatred. Did it ever occur to you that expressing hatred is a form of therapy? That it is not good to keep all these negative emotions inside? No? I didn't think so.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک beckstar said…
I wish there was an anti-justin bieber club lol
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک simpleplan said…
That would be intresting.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک cassie-1-2-3 said…
Strange... but I guess really angry people would like it.