Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 جوابات

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 11901-11950 of 54807

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک lucius_malloy said…
he looks like jackson from hannah montana :D
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک mooimafish17 said…
accio - did you meet them?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Accio_Pandorica said…
smile
LOLS.! Except he has the BEST accent in the world. I wish I knew someone with that accent ;D xx
accio - had did you get that pic, did you meet them or something?
here's the plot part of my compare and contrast essay... hehe. it's one and a half pages without spacing, and I still have three or four points to compare... with a maximum of four pages :DDD

When comparing a book and a film, or something similar, the first thing one thinks about is obviously the plot. And in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, at first glance, you'll find it's rather similar in both the book and the film. Harry, Ron and Hermione, the main trio, go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for their sixth year. They're shocked when they find out that ex-Potions Master Severus Snape has been named Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor. They wonder who the mysterious Half-Blood Prince is, seeing as Harry has inherited his old Potions book. They start to suspect that fellow student Draco Malfoy has been made a Death Eater – follower of Lord Voldemort, their nemesis. They go to visit Hogsmeade, the wizarding village near Hogwarts, and are shocked when another fellow student, Katie Bell, is cursed. Basically, in both the book and the film, they have a normal start to their school year – as normal as a year at Hogwarts can be.
Now, this is where the plots begin to differ. In the book, Headmaster of Hogwarts Albus Dumbledore begins to give Harry private lessons, in which he shows Harry memories relating to Voldemort and his Horcruxes (pieces of his soul sealed in inanimate objects); whereas in the book, the school year continues rather normally. During the Christmas holidays, Harry visits his friend Ron's house, but where JK Rowling gave him the relief of a quiet Christmas with his friends, Yates decided that now was the perfect opportunity for Death Eaters to attack the house and burn it to the ground. Not really such a wise move, seeing as a wedding is supposed to happen there the following summer... but if Yates got himself into that mess, I'll just suppose he can get himself out.

After a while of normal school in the Easter term, however, both the author and the director decide that something must happen, lest the story get too dull. So they both decide to have Harry meet Malfoy, resulting in a duel of sorts. Harry is running out of spells at this point, and decides to use one he saw in his Potions book: Sectumsempra. This spell basically tears great holes in your opponent, and Harry is horrified by the damage he has caused. He makes to run away, but is stopped by Snape, who 'just happened' on the scene – it probably has nothing to do with the fact that Malfoy's mother made Snape swear to protect Malfoy. So far, so similar... but apparently, JK Rowling favours stricter punishments than director David Yates and screenwriter Steve Kloves do. She has Snape give Harry Saturday detentions for the rest of the year, meaning he'll miss the Quidditch final – even though he's captain of his team. Whereas from the film duo... nothing. Nada. Nil. No punishments, even though Malfoy might have died, had Snape not 'happened' on the scene. However, the even convinces Harry he needs to hide the Prince's book, just in case something like this happened again.
His chosen place is the Room of Requirement, a room that will become whatever the user needs it to be. He leaves the Prince's book there, and the book tells us this is the end of it – but it seems David Yates had other ideas. He knew that this is the year Harry gets together with Ginny Weasley, his future wife and best friends little sister, but for some reason he ignored the perfectly good scene in the book where Harry kisses Ginny after she wins the Quidditch match for them, and instead had Ginny kiss Harry in the Room of Requirement. And as if that's not enough to make so-called Harry/Ginny-shippers (people who love the pair together) mad, he adds fuel to the fire by not showing their relationship at all throughout the rest of the film.
After this, the plots seem to meet each other again. In both versions, Dumbledore asks Harry to accompany him to a rock in the middle of the ocean, where he believes a Horcrux is hidden, and Harry agrees. They go there, get the Horcrux, come back... nothing you wouldn't expect – because that part starts after they return to Hogwarts. Death Eaters have invaded the castle, and are there to meet them once they arrive. They are very much caught unaware, and this results in many things, but most importantly Dumbledore dying while Harry watches, helpless, invisible and frozen (by magic).
Once Dumbledore is dead, the Full Body-Bind curse he put on Harry breaks, so he can move. But he doesn't, for a while; he is too shocked. When he finally does move, it's slightly too late – the Death Eaters have gone. So, long story short, he tracks them down and challenges Snape, the one who's hand Dumbledore died by, to a duel. In both the book and the film, they duel, but thanks to special effects the film is slightly more effective in communicating the atmosphere to most readers/viewers.
At this point, apparently, the film duo had long since run out of ideas for their own little side trips and decided to keep to the plot, because the rest is rather similar, with one final exception: Dumbledore's funeral. In the book, it is a magnificent affair, but perhaps the film was edging closer to it's time limit, since it was completely left out.
Both the book and the film end with the same scene, which is rather atypical for this franchise: Harry telling Ron and Hermione that the Horcrux was, in fact, a fake, and that he is going to look for it and others of its kind instead of going back to school next year. Of course, Ron and Hermione immediately declare their intentions to follow him, and Harry oh-so-nobly denies them – initially. He does give in rather fast, seeing as nobody would want to embark on such an adventure alone.
smile
I've met Charlie, but not Alex...but hey, one outta two aint bad :) x
I got that because of that stickaid thing. I donated and you could ask them to take a photo with a message, and I asked for that so...:) x
moo, don't you remember stickaid? she was going on and on and on about it :D
^^ i must of been away
mm, could be - accio, when was it again?
good essay BTW malloy :D
hehe thanks :D that's only a part of it, though... did you know HBP grossed over $121 million on it's opening weekend alone? and that figure only includes data from USA, the UK, Estonia, Philippines and Russia.
smile
I love how Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, is still the highest in the box office. I find it kinda cute >.< x
smile
JOKE TIME:
What do you call a CHAV in an expensive housing estate.? x
I dunno?
lost?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک khannarie_wood said…
big smile
okay I know its over but I still want to share my thoughts

- Okay the fact that JKR can create amazing characters aside from the main is really impressive. Theres genius albus, then theres snape that has really complicated character, that we love and hate at the same time, then theres hermione the clever girl, and the weasley twins with great humor, luna another smart but kinda weird girl... All those characters were made by one great mind. Goodness, no wonder that brain is earning hundred of millions if not billions by now.

- Basing on what Ive read here, Mayer likes everything to be perfect and easy for her characters. That if Smayer wrote the hp book, Im pretty sure there will be no Gamp's Law. The law that state the limit of what magic can and cannot do. Wizard life would be oh so perfect and OH SO BORING at the same time. JKR knows where and when to put limitation to make this fantasy world more realistic, and I love her for that.

- I bet the part where she describe Honeydukes shop is way more intresting than reading the whole TS book.

- JKR can really take you there effortlessly. Her words has the power take us to every magical places, establishments, harry's weird dreams and other exciting events.

- HP is my escape. When reality is too much for me to handle and I needed a break, all I need is to open one of my HP books. After reading that I feel better and ready to face the reality again. Can I do that with TS books? I doubt. How can it make me feel better if the main character is so weak and was kinda suicidal just coz her bf left her? how pathetic. If Im problematic and read that book, I'll prolly end up killing mahself after reading coz thats what it teach you. To be weak.

- Obviously the kind of love that the main characters sharing in TS is very unhealthy. It teaches you to depend your life completely to your partner. How can you grow with that kind of love?

okay Im done.
cool
^^ very good points!
awesome.

accio - in the wrong place? hehe
accio - lost?
moo, you already said that :DDD
just reiterating it :D

this cracked me up:
^crap - click on it to go to YouTube, so you can see read the writing, sorry folks :D
no time - english essay :DD still working on it...
btw, I saw a genius license plate yesterdayt: YOU-691 :D

and last week, I saw someone who actually had rose-coloured glasses :O
how can I say 'so I guess what I'm trying to say is..' in a different way? cos I've already said that...
gaaaaaaaaah I can't figure out a closing paragraph :L
hehehe :D not the closing, but still :D

as I was saying, nobody can declare ones superiority over the other. A person like me would be the first to say that, in my opinion, books are better since they really give you an in-depth look into the thoughts and emotions of characters, and since an author can spend five pages describing a sweet shop if (s)he so wants, and because most often written action sequences are easier to understand than ones you see. However, a person less literately inclined would prefer films, because you can see the environment, and the action, and because you can hear the sounds, and in the future you'll probably be able to smell the blood – or the roses, whichever one relates to the situation.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
how about this?

So, in other words, there is a lot of the same material in both the book and the film, even if they are fundamentally different. This leads to the fact that while they have the same target audiences, some will favour the book and some will favour the film. This is how it's been up until now, and this is probably how it'll continue until a time when (shudder) books have become obsolete.

I'm just gonna go with that for now... I mean, it's not like I need to hand it in first thing tomorrow :DD
^ its good :D
Ooh.! My (bad) joke was
What do you call a CHAV in an expensive housing estate.? x
A burglar XD x
Yeah...told you it was bad >.< x
^ thats poor!
... slightly :D hehe

and thankies, moo :) I just hope my teacher doesn't mind the kind of informal
language...
IVE JUST FINISHED MOCKINGJAY
DON'T YOU DARE SPOIL IT

and also, can you explain in your own words what a chav is? I know the basics, but...
big smile
SOME MORE:
What do you call a chav in a suit?
The accused.
How does a chav girl turn the lights off after sex?
She closes the car door.
What’s the difference between a Chav girl and the Grand Old Duke of York?
The Grand Old Duke of York only had ten thousand men
What is a chav's definition of protected sex?
A bus shelter.

LOLZZZZZ.!!!!!!!! x
big smile
Oh. And What do you call a chav at college?
The cleaner ;) x
What do you call a chav bleeding to death in the street?
You can't call him anything if you're laughing too hard.
hehehehehee :D
That reminds me... My English teacher loves the Grand Old Duke Of York, since it's so logical: when they were up they were up, when they were down they were down, and when they were only half way up... why, they're neither up or down! hehe
big smile
My favourite is the chav girl and the chavs idea of protected sex :P x
'Council Housing And Violence' people don't half make me laugh >.< x
DUDE. What exactly is a chav?
smile
Commonly thought to be of inferior intellect, the Chavette surprises us with its cunning plan to avoid taking up a professional career and provide itself with free accommodation supplied by tax payers by spawning multi coloured mini chavs at a early stage in life, usually mid teens.
Clearly recognisable by their distinctive tribal Burberry they congregate in town centres and on street corners, Chavs have a reputation of being creative with public property and motor vehicles, building themselves Chaviots out of mechcano sets and strip lighting, and providing us with humorous banta written on toilet walls like ‘Shit’ and ‘Tasha woz ere’ in an attempt to relieve our boredom while urinating.
Their language is a basic form of English thus avoiding any words they cannot spell or pronounce, even to the extent of creating new words only they know the meaning of.
Hunting in large groups Chavs will single out the weakest, smallest prey and attack it without mercy avoiding any personal injury and insuring victory.
Chavs unfortunately don't yet fall into the category of rodent and in effect cannot be bludgeoned to death under the guise of pest control. Darn!-
I think I speak for everyone when I say thank you Chavs for the great contribution you’ve made to this country, you’ve made it what it what it is today – a shit hole.
Urban Dictionary FTW..? x
smile
Innit Blud.
Its said to stand for Council Housing And Violence, but its just a term of insult for people who are...how can i put this, less cultured, more freer with the morals and a good deal less eloquent
oooh.
I getz it nao.
smile
This is a prime example of a CHAV ;) x
that blokes a fuckwit
smile
This may be the FUNNIEST daytime tv show EVERRR.! >.< x
i never watch it
smile
Neither do I, cause im at school before it starts. But I do LOVE it. It hi-bloody-larious.! xx
HOLY FUCKING MERLIN.
I mean, my YouTube isn't showing further than 4:30, but still.
I agree with moo on this one - guy's a fuckwit.