Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 جوابات

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 2451-2500 of 54807

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک souflizzle317 said…
^ Hmm, that's really interesting..But I don't think a lot of them are plot holes (unfortunately, as I like a good debate too). I think they're typos or JKR forgetting little details. There's a big difference between a *plot hole* and a mistake. But there are some valid ones, and I think the good ones are:

*In Kreacher's Tale, if the potion was never put back in the bowl, then I suppose that it shouldn't have been there when Dumbledore and Harry went, although I'm still leaning towards the theory that there might be a refilling charm or something after a certain amount of time...
*Plumbing in the Chamber of Secrets 1000 years ago? I guess it's a valid point, although I'd like to say that we're Muggles, sadly, and therefore have no idea when plumbing was created in the Wizarding World (possibly 1000 years ago...)
*"When Voldemort was resurrected with harry's blood and gained the ability to touch him, wouldn't that mean the the protection in dursleys home be bypassed to?" Extremely good point, and I have no good answer for that one :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک mooimafish17 said…
^^ could we write of the middle one as having Hogwart's renovated with magic - other two im stumped thou.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک TheQuibbler said…
Okay I'm back!

Go 4th years! (I'm going into 9th btw)
I haven't decided what house I'm in though... please help!
hmmm
@ soufizzle317: I think that the potion refills magically but it's just a thought.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک HouseofNightRox said…
There are cooler bad guys (like Bellatrix)
There are more books
The plots are more exiting
kiss
welcome back quibbler - where did you go?
@TheQuibbler: yay another senior of 2014! And yeah, I think the potion refills magically too, and I'm pretty sure the plumbing thing isn't a big deal (magic? wizards could've come up with pipes and stuff way before Muggles did).

The only real plot hole I could find on that website that mooimafish17 posted was the thing about the protection at the Dursley's house because of Lily's blood. If someone has an explanation, great :) However, I'm willing to accept that Harry Potter has one real plot hole as long as we also unanimously agree that Twilight has countless numbers of plot holes.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک potterrox said…
Maybe voldemort doesn't know that the protection of Lily's blood is gone. VOldemort didn't infer that he wouldn't be able to touch Harry, he didn't know that the protection was even in place until the first book. He might have been so focused on overcoming one aspect of the protection that he wasn't aware that he could now get Harry at the Dursley's. That's one of his biggest weaknesses, not being able to see what's right in front of him, (ex. Kreachers house elf magic)
2564? No good book has a 100% good ending. There's always some drawback, even if the ultimate ending is happy. For example, Harry Potter has a happy ending. Voldemort dies, the trio lives, and life is normal for once. BUT there are bad things that happened on the way to the happy ending. Hundreds of people, major characters too, died (Fred, Tonks, Lupin, Snape, Moody, and Dobby just to name a few) and those deaths scarred the main characters who lived for the rest of their lives. Twilight, however, has no drawbacks to its happy ending. The only people who died were three villains (James, Victoria, Laurent) and Irina, who had about one line in the entire series. Everything worked out perfectly, and in the end, Bella and Edward "settled in to their perfect part of forever" or whatever crap line the book ended with. Happy endings are cool if you're living them, but they're not realistic and they're not interesting in a fictional story.
@potterrox, ooo that works! I think it does, at least. I don't think it ever mentions anywhere that Voldemort specifically tried to get into the Dursley's and failed....Yes! Thank you so much :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک venvargie said…
I can explain the Harry Potter plot hole! It's magic! xD /shot
@ mooiamafish: i was at girls' camp! We had an improv night and I suggested that we do the mysterious ticking noise, I played ron even tough I'm a girl because I can do his voice really well. We got a standing ovation!
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
laugh
"@ mooiamafish: i was at girls' camp! We had an improv night and I suggested that we do the mysterious ticking noise, I played ron even tough I'm a girl because I can do his voice really well. We got a standing ovation!"

That is freakin' epic!
"I found the source of the ticking! It's a pipe bomb!"
"Yaaaaaaay!"
*BOOM*
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک LoveforSeverus said…
@mooimafish I have a pic of my baby from a while ago. He's so cute I love him :)

And I live in an OLD PEOPLE neighborhood and NOTHING happens here. OLD PEOPLE I TELL YOU!!!
"And I live in an OLD PEOPLE neighborhood and NOTHING happens here. OLD PEOPLE I TELL YOU!!!"

Uhg, same here. Mostly made of people in their 30s or 20s (not old but older than me) and if there ARE kids they're like 5 and younger. Only one person near my age but she's like 2 years younger and friends with my bitchy little sister so yeah. :C
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک emlincr said…
Most of the "plot holes" on that website can either be explained with magic, or they're so miniscule they can't effect the story much, while the plot holes in Twilight are pretty huge.
^ Exactly, that's what I was saying. The only real one I could find was the blood protection/Dursley's Home thing but I believe potterrox helped out with the explanation of that one :)
big smile
@ venvarge: Actually it was me who did that, and it WAS freaking EPIC!! I was so proud!

I'm going to make celebratory cookies when we hit 100 pages. Chocolate Chips.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Pensieve_Seeker said…
Start baking. (I like mine with pecans.)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک FredWRules said…
big smile
Make me some too! Actually, I might make my own... :) I like cookies XD
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Italktosnakes said…
smile
Forced to be a holder
For Crimes worst result
Forever a slave
Follower til death
Who is it?
Any help? x
big smile
Death Eater maybe?

HAHAH I MADE COOKIES!!! :)
^^ yum - i want one

*begs for a cyber cookie*
*clutches them possesively* MYYYY COOKIES *sounding like Gollum (?) from Lord of the Rings (which I really have to read and watch sometime soon.)*
laugh
do watch - Andy serkis is great !!!!!!! :D
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک SuperFab15 said…
YAY!!! 100 pages! :) I want a cookie!!!! *makes sad puppy face and puts hands out*
I think the riddle is Severus Snape... but obviously I think everything has something to do with him :) I WANT A COOKIE *rabid rampage* COOKIE! COOKIE! COOKIE!
^ Haha, Snape was my first thought too although maybe it's Sirius and it's a reference to how he was always accused wrongly of things but he stayed on the side of good? I don't know...

COOKIES!!!!!!! I have oatmeal chocolate chip & butterscotch chip cookies if anyone wants them :) *holds up a plate of delicious, tempting cookies* hehe
Is it a house elf? Kreatcher? Dobby?
Dumbledore?
Arianna's secret and his dad went to Azkaban and what not!
YESSSSSS!!!!! 100 PAGES OF AWESOMENESS!!!!

I'm going to start cooking now so thats choco chips except one withe pecans for Pensive_seeker!

:O - must go make cookies - BRB
It's Nagini :) xx
^Where are you getting these riddles? Cuz I love them!
big smile
*holds up fresh baked cookies!* there are 35 so it's first come first serve! I tried one and they are the best I've ever made. *beams with happiness*
 *holds up fresh baked cookies!* there are 35 so it's first come first serve! I tried one and they are
Yours is in the middle Pensive_Seeker.

You guys are AWESOME!
Mmmm yummy :)
smile
@LoveforSeverus
My English teacher is a Harry Potter obsessive, and tells me one everytime I have English.If I get it right, she gives me some Cadburys :)x
And ummm...can I have a cookie, Im starving ^^ x
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک potterrox said…
I need a cookie, I had a tough day :( I claim one of Quibblers. Actually, make it like seven cookies.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک DracoLuver said…
I'm so ashamed of my 'Barnes and Noble' ... I looked EVERYWHERE for Anne Rice Books, Stephen King, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter but they weren't there. So i decided i'd go to the service desk, and i saw a huge table with all the twilight books. My mom got me one, and she's forcing me to read it again as a part of my "summer reading". Pleease help! I'm about to die. :|
Look how mean Bella is to Mike.. he's trying to help her. :

"So," He said as we walked off the court.
"So what?"
You and Cullen, huh?" he asked, his tone rebellious. My previous feeling of affection disappeared.
"That's none of your business,Mike," I warned, internally cursing Jessica straight to the fiery pits of Hades.
"I don't like it," He muttered anyway.
"You don't have to," I snapped.
"He looks at you like ... like you're something to eat," he continued, ignoring me.
I choked back the hysteria that threatned to explode, but a small giggle managed to get out despite my efforts. He glowered at me. I waved and fled to the locker room.
I dressed quickly, something stronger then butterflies battering recklessly against the walls of my stomach, my argument with Mike already a distant memory. I was wondering if if Edward would be waiting, or if i should meet him at his car. What if his family was there? I felt a wave of real terror. Did they know that i knew? What i suppose to know that they knew that I knew, or not?

Twilight, Chapter 11 - Complications, page 221.
big smile
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!! :D *takes 3 cookies* Thanks TheQuibbler! You're awesome!!!
DracoLuver, I frickin HATE the way Bella treats Mike. He's really nice! Does that b*tch have any idea how lucky she is to have someone be that nice to the new girl? But he's so....NORMAL that he's all of a sudden a golden retriever.
Okay, so i hate how Twilight is rushed. Page 1, she's at the airport, Page 5, she's at school. What great planning. I went hiking on Saturday (Griffith Oberveatory, near the Hollywood sign) and this girl, i think she was 8 was like "Look mommy, I'm a vampire, like Edward, because i climbed so high!" ..... She's 8 and she's reading this book. Now im really scared. I've lost my trust in humanitity .
@SuperFab15 - I didn't see your reply earlier! I know! I hate her for doing that. I'd feel lucky to have him as my friend. And it's insulting how she's comparing his friendly behavior to a dog's. What also makes me mad is how the only people who hate Bella only hate her since their jealous .. which is only Rosalie and Lauren. It doesn't work like that in the real world!
smile
2565??? -

Twilight fans never grasp the real story of Harry Potter. The reasons I've seen them use were "Twlight is more real then Harry Potter. He goes to a wizard a school. How could you relate to that." They don't get it. Just because it's a wizard school, doesn't mean that's the whole plot. J.K Rowling used that world just to make her story more interesting. She could have used the real but boring world. Voldemort could have been Hitler, the death eaters could be Nazi's, Harry could be a jew in hiding. It would all make sense, but the wizarding world is just so much more interesting. It's easy to get lost in it, which im sure, was what she was aiming for. Let's take Twilight. If Edward weren't a vampire, their wouldn't be a plot. So if Twilight didn't have any ficiton, it wouldn't make sense. Which proves which book is more easier to relate to.

2566 -
"Harry Potter is too hard to read for kids." NO, it's not. I don't fancy calling it a children's book, but it can be read by a 7-year old and that's when most people have read it. The only thing that might be complicated is understanding the hidden meanings, or why a character did what they did. That's it. Twilight can't be read by a younger audience considering it has bad messages, and younger kids can get influnced more easily. Sadly, my sister is 10 and she LOVES it since she thinks Rob is soo cute, and thinks that sneaking into Bella's bedroom is okay since they love eachother. I'm trying to convert her, but it's not working..

I hope my reasons made sense, i tried hard to make sure they did. :P (I haven't had lunch yet, so im hungry and not thinking right.)
@DracoLuver, of course Barnes and Noble was like that, they're a stupid chain bookstore :P I'm very proud to say that the small, INDEPENDENT bookstore that my family owns (it's called The Tempest, like from Shakespeare? Pretty great haha and my little sister is named Miranda after Prospero's daughter...Anyway) has a special shelf specifically for Harry Potter, Narnia, and His Dark Materials (Golden Compass), the great fantasy books of our generation - kind of our generation. Twilight is mixed in with all the other books and we haven't sold a copy of it, or any of the sequels in four months :)
Ooo, okay, so many people say "Twilight is like Romeo and Juliet." They just insulted Bella and Edward's 'love'. Shakespeare wrote that play to make fun of the two characters and their weird way of thinking. Stephenie was serious about her series. So you pretty much just said that Bella and Edwward were stupid and immature. What really bothers me is that Twilight is classified as a romance novel. If it was like a crime story, then i would have been a fan since stalking, pedophelia, etc.. would fit. In fact, Stephenie would make so much more money.

Am i the only one wants this? : J.K Rowling should write 8 books about the Marauders Era ... and she should make a spell book. :D
^ she totally should.

btw, my cookies are chocolate chip and coconut, and nobody's getting any!!! *gleefully evil happy dance, grinning*

(oh, and I'm so rebel, I'm on this in school!!!! hehehehehe)