Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 جوابات

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 4501-4550 of 54807

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک mooimafish17 said…
i put a link to the pic coz i didnt wanna offend - but check it out guys, it very funny :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک LoveforSeverus said…
Upload it to fanpop! It's not letting me :(
cool
will do tomorrow - remind me if I forget :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک RavenclawPride said…
big smile
It's funny how this started out as a " 1000 reasons why HP is better than Twatlight " ans now it's a random page. For random things. I like pie.
And to answer your question, I LOVE AVPS Lucius.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Accio_Pandorica said…
smile
Its a random page of AWESOMOSITY. And anyway, we've already done eggzactily what it said.
I know this is off topic, but does anyone play THE GAME (if you do, I'm so sorry) :P
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک GemonkDruid said…
Hey guys... who wants to hear a joke?

*silence*

Okay, well I'll say it anyway:

What do Gerard Way and Jacob Black have in common?

Answer: They both live in a House of Wolves!!! XD
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک FredWRules said…
:D
^^uh.... okays...

sorry, I'm behind the times. I had to go to sleep unfortunately. but this time at least, I logged off at 1.30ish, rather than 2-3.30, like the last couple of nights... o.o
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک souflizzle317 said…
sev, my bdays november 18th and I'll be 15 :) goblet of fire came out on my bday, deathly hallows is coming out the day after, and plentyyy of movies come out a few days in either direction....november is a REALLY popular time for movies to come out for some reason...unfortunately, breaking dawn part one (totally copied DH in terms of making two movies) is coming out on my bday *next* year grrrr I'm really hoping that sometime during post-production or whatever, they move the date so my sweet 16 won't be ruined haha :)

accio, I agree it's a random page of awesomosity :) Except I would say it's a random page of epicness because I love the word epic haha :) Oh and yes, I used to play the game. But I won :) This is my logic:

You lose by thinking about the game, so therefore you win when you're *not* thinking about the game. So the times I wasn't thinking about it, I won. Then, when I thought about it, I lost but technically, I had already won so I can't lose if I already won :) Tehe sorry if that was confusing...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک lemony44 said…
cool
moo i loove that picture you gave me...it is soooo sad though, and they didnt put Hedwig in it. THANXXXX!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک potterrox said…
So I have a random jok, well more like a story. Either way,Here it is.

There are two muffins in the oven. One muffin says to the other one, "Wow it's hot in here."
Then the other muffin says "Oh my god, a talking muffin!!"

That always struck me as giggle worthy :)
Hahahahahahahahaha potterox, that's a really great joke :) I think I've heard it before actually...but it's still epic tehe
definitely epic :)
cake
HAPPY B_DAY TO 317!!!! Accio November!!!! ( yes, for both reasons)
haha thanks I guess? Even though it's still 4 months till my birthday....Oh, and that actually really confused me (like I predicted) so can I nicely request that you come up with a different nickname for me? 317 just doesn't work for me, I'm sorry!! flizzle, fizzle, fizzy, souf maybe, anything but numbers please! Thanks, please don't hate me *hides under a rock*

Is anyone else EXTREMELY obsessed with Disney? Not the crap stuff like High School Musical and Hannah Montana, but the classic movies like Lion King, Aladdin, Mulan etc? I haven't been able to turn off my Disney playlist (over 100 Disney songs haha) for the past 3 days and I've been on the classic Disney spot obsessively lately....I think I'm obsessed!!! Anyone else?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک zipzip67 said…
big smile
I have officially given up all future hope to actively participate in this conversation.
heart
Fuck whoever asked about The Game.

I LOST THE GAME.

and to whoever said it, I'm glad you <3 AVPS Lucius.
After I found out who Draco's real father was I said "Dobby's Sock"
laugh
So here are your options:
Frizzle
Fizzle
Lizzle
soufy
soufiz
fiz
fizzy
fizzit
zz
wizz
wizzbizz
weaslebeezz
Wow this is tottally off you nick name now.actually one more
RONALD BILLIUS WEASLEY.
I know which one you WANT....
bahaha definitely the last one haha :) Just kidding, fizzle works, it's the one I'm most used to and I'm easily confused so stick with that one :)
I am sorry I am soo old fashion, but I just thought i'd point this out.• Harry Potter is about fighting the evil and finding true love and losing it and finding it all over again, it's about honesty and loyalty, about courage and bravery. It’s about shy becoming open and bad becoming good, it’s funny, unexpected, thrilling, and intense. It has a whole different world, food, drinks, shops, houses, sports, sayings, stories, and habits. Harry Potter promotes being honest and good and it shows that even though many lives can be sacrificed in the process, the good will win. In Harry Potter you never know what’s going to happen. You feel as if you are steps away from Harry, Ron and Hermione, you feel as if you could go to Hogwarts yourself, you find yourself knowing things that weren’t in the book nor in the movies, but you just know. You can see the characters growing, becoming more mature, as the years go by like a flash. Although it can be very complicated at times, you always know what all the creatures are, you never forget, because they are so well explained. You never find yourself being embarrassed to read the books or watch the movies. Other than just love, it includes loving and caring families, but it doesn’t pretend that there are no evil people out there. J.K. Rowling has the courage to let people die, because she can face the truth: life isn’t always fair. Harry Potter is the perfect example of true friend ship, love and not just attraction. J.K Rowling remains faithful to her plot, while having sub-plots. She makes her books attainable to all ages, and helps understand concepts too hard for kids to read in other books. Her books include mythology, derivations, famous names, Latin words used as spells. She has real evil people in her books, on a gradient: Duddley, Draco, Voldemort. Her names usually mean something and they match something that you have read in a previous book in her series. She describes every room, important object, person and even passerby if needed. She never leaves a character un-named, or unknown, but yet does not make it too long or un-necessary. You know what to expect from each and every person in the book, but yet you do not know what is going to happen. You know everyone’s background and funny aspects of their lives. It includes many different kinds of people, and it helps understand the importance of fraternizing with the foreign. It elaborates plots and sub-plots until it reaches the point where you are simply charmed. She has turned the old school wizard to a brand new golden age. Her books will be known forever, they will go on living. Her characters are so honest and real, that you wouldn’t be surprised if you knew someone just like them. They have the strength to keep up jokes and good moods even in bad times like theirs. They never give up, they search and discover. They try and fail and try again. Sometimes they win and sometimes they lose. Sometimes, you feel just like the characters do in the book, you have the same reality; you grip on to someone just like they do and then…puff! This person you gripped on to is gone and you know you have to go on, but you feel sad and cant. Sometimes you disagree with the people in the book, but that is in fact another lesson, people don’t always agree on things, do they? Harry Potter faces all the problems and questions we have in our modern society, and it helps you understand them. It’s about knowing when to breathe. You have many different viewpoints in this book, and you know you are always going to get at least a couple. Even though you know this is just a story that was made up by a woman in her 20’s sitting in a compartment in a delayed train, you also know that this happens every day all over the world. This book makes you understand that “hey” I can help! I can make difference! She has used the money she made on this book on charity, helping, and many other things. She has worked for a human rights support. Harry Potter is an event of a generation, and it shows what happens when people with good potential go the wrong way. It has you understand what happens when people try to break the rules of the universe and how it runs. Yet, you find that you can put this book down and continue on to your journey, but with a better knowledge. This book has been made into movies and a theme park was created to reach the magic, but was never quite as satisfying as how you knew it in your head. Because, to use one of the quotes from the manuscript “of course it’s happening in your head, but way on earth should that mean it’s not real?” So, to sum it up for you, Harry Potter is a story about LIFE.

LOL:
The people in the books are so well written and thought out, that you like them or feel sorry for them even if they are EVIL. (in the Ts I just wanted to kill Bella, in that "I'll chop your head off with a toothbrush" kinda way.)

There is a team HARRY and team RON, but it is not a competition of who is hotter or who should be with Hermione, cuz everyone knows that it's R+H=<3, and even if they don’t get the idea right away, by the 4th book the fans should know. In the TS i wouldn't blame the fans if they weren't sure Bella was going to stay with Edward until they had a child, or better, until Jacob INPRINTED on it ( yes, IT.)
Harry Potter does not shove God concepts into you.
I love how we lost track of how many reasons we have and the tw. fans are yet to come up with one that makes sense. ( and yes, that does NOT include " OMGEYYY! Jacob and Edward are soouuuu hawwwt! Jacob rocks though.)
One name. RONALD BILLIUS WEASLEY .That’s right, beat that. What was that? nothing? NOTHING, that’s right.
Volturi vs Death Eaters? Ok, this is the Volturi:
"watch out, we're coming to getchya. we have awesome powers. get ready for it, here we come...here we come...this is tense...OMG...here it is...almost, we'll kill you ya know...we will torture you and suck your blood...
ACTUALLY, LETS TALK IT OUT!!

This is the death eaters: "Hello...AVADA KEDAVRA!!!!!" Enough said.
The presence of a plot other than "Let's save Bella from a bunch of retarded vampires that cant do anything else in their pointless, never ending lives." Pretty much makes it but it's fun so:
It is Not fun to watch a movie that is about this mentally ill high school girl and love sick vampires, especially if a hot "shape-shifter" can be chosen instead. Oh and call me when it sells more than 4000 million copies, is translated into 65 L, and SM learns how to write. Not to mention the 164 adjectives she uses to describe Edward's beauty. Bleah. Didn’t think our society would reach that point.
1. It has a plot other than "let's save BELLA from retarded sparkly vampires, that have nothing to do with their lives but annoy her. (of course! hello! EDAWARD CAN NOT READ HER MIND! not)"
2. J.K.Rowling knows how to spell words. Or better, Stephanie M knows how to spell words, but she does not know how to put them together correctly.
3. Harry Potter is a book for all ages, unlike Twilight...
4. You could feel like you are Harry, but if you feel like you are Bella it's just sad. She is DEPRESSED.
5. one name: RONALD BILLIUS WEASLEY. what now? what was that? nothing? thats right NOTHING
SORRY THIS IS SOOOO DAMN LOOOONG!!!! but that's what it deserves!
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
blush
REAL SORRY. :(
holy crap that is fucking long, please excuse my language....I haven't read it yet, I just scrolled down to see how long it was...okay give me about an hour to read all of that :)
big smile
Haha, basically you just summed up all the reasons that have ever been posted on this forum :) Seriously, your huge long paragraph about Harry Potter has soooooo many reasons in there that people posted separately, like the love thing, or friendship, or the creation of a whole *world*. And you summed it up into a paragraph that, admittedly, only took me about a minute or two to read haha :)

Great job, lemon
fred, it's okay I'm only 11 months older than you are, that's not a lot :) and you are what exactly?

oh and lemon, do you have facebook? I totally forget who I've added from this forum and who I haven't...
eh, I forgot

^^^ holy fuck that's long!
smile
THANXX people! i actually wrote this before i read this HARRY VS TW thing!!! but no alas i dont have a face book my parent are all freaked out about it. i'll work on them though. THXXXX again, really. :)
big smile
see you guys later, going to run away to the circus!!!! :D

lol, jk, just going to my circus classes.

oh, and lemon, no problemo. welcome to the land of weirdness :D (enjoy your stay!)
Fred - circus classes?!?!?!?!? EXPLAIN!

lemon - i read that after just waking up and it did the job nicely ;) very good work lol - i am impressed!

Zipzip - like two pages ago - just join in when you want, we like to chat :)
i though this was so funny when i saw it !
 i though this was so funny when i saw it !
sunny
and heres than other pic lol
 and heres than other pic lol
well, in melbourne there are these classes run by people who are in a circus company. nbd really. we just learn tricks and go on trapeezes (sp?) and stuff...
smile
Ahaha, Lucius looks like a proper geezer...>.< x
so true!!! :D
smile
Right, there are some American peeps on here right? Kayy, basics can you write how you pronounce puma? I have a bet with my sister of how you guys say it...>.< x

Thank you for all the comments on my writing to everyone, sorry I didn't answer before, but when it is 9:30a.m. in England, it's like 4:00 a.m. in Florida! And by the way, like I mentioned before, I don't SPEAK very good English but I think we (they) say it something like P like in Peter Pettygrew (sp?), U like in schOOl ( just Uuuu you know what I'm saying?), M like in Magic and A Ariana, Apple, Argus filch, hAgrid...btw my name is Ariana like Dumbledore's sister. or maybe I am not supposed to say my real name...
crying
hehe. so I dont know why, but I can't see ANY of the picures you people showed...so can someone give me the link of the picture above pls? thankyou!
moo, dobby is about to died!!!! that's not FUNNY!!!
crying
YES! I can see them now! Rupert grew up soooo much! This makes me feel very sad, considering the fact that I was not with HP half my childhood, it is still a bit depressing.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک thesinginglark said…
tongue
Not sure if this was mentioned because there is 182 pages of this J.K. Rowling can actually write a action scene that keeps me on the edge of my chair than I fall off it by surprise of something. Twilight fighting scene is pure flop its not even truly action. Once they talk it all out. Another time the action scene was just stupid.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک emilyroxx said…
laugh
I think we've reached 1,000.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک emilyroxx said…
smirk
Pages for 1000 reasons why Harry Potter is better than Twilight: 182

Pages for 1000 reasons why Twilight is better than Harry Potter: 21

Twilight fans, I think we all know which book is better.
we are well over 2,000 sweetheart. we're about 2,735ish.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک thesinginglark said…
mischievous
The pages for 1000 reasons why twilight is better than Harry Potter have some pages filled with HP fans XD so really they don`t truly have 21 pages.
^that's because they fail and they can't actually think of anything.
Accio, there might be different ways to pronounce puma because there are some VERY different American accents (like I have a Vermonter accent, but there's New York, Boston, Southern, Midwestern etc) but for the most part, it's POO-muh, hope that helps :)
^Yes. I hate most accents here in America. I <3 British accents.
haha I love British accents too but I find accents like Southern, New York, and Boston really interesting and annoying as hell at the same time....But I like my accent, even though I don't think of it as an accent because I'm used to it, because I love having something special :) Like how we don't say our t's, we're Vermonners, not Vermonters, or our r's in the middle of words, like we're Northeners, not Northerners, and I just love the way I talk :) (don't worry, I don't have an EXTREME Vermont accent, like those redneck hunters do)
i love my london accent :) <3

oh and love - i was laughing at how they were laughing and at how dobby was a fake dobby - i was NOT laughing coz hes dead - thats sad :(
^Thats better :)
cool
I am infinitely jealous of whoever is going to circus camp.