Lord of the Rings پسندیدہ Part

Euri posted on Mar 11, 2009 at 02:58PM
What is your favorite part or parts in Lord of the Rings, books or movies?

Lord of the Rings 13 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Euri said…
Right now I am reading the Fellowship of the Ring and I like the part when the Fellowship tried to go over Caradhras. I liked that part; it was somewhat refreshing after "being" in Rivendell for so long :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک spikes_girl said…
Well for books, I haven't finished RotK yet (I'm really close!!) but my favorite part so far is probably either meeting Aragorn in Bree, or the whole chapter in the TT, The Palantír. For movies it's either the Council of Elrond, Ride of the Rohirrim, or Lighting of the Beacons.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک becca85 said…
I loved the House of Healing (right name?) in the Return of the King movie. It was so cute!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Elizabeth0 said…
I love scene with mushrooms. When Pippin and Merry stole vegetables from farmer Magot. And lighting of the beacons, and scene where we can see Moria city and walls.
 I love scene with mushrooms. When Pippin and Merry چرا لیا, چوری کی vegetables from farmer Magot. And lighting o
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک i_luv_angst said…
heart
The first time I read the books, I absolutley fell in love with The Battle of Helm's Deep...In the movies, I love the Lighting of the Beacons like Elizabeth0 said....and everything else....
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Mallory101 said…
.....I swear I can't decide....
Put it this way...I like every part except the part where Frodo and Gollum go into Shelob's lair.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک green79 said…
smile
im only on the two towers book right now but so far my favourite part was when they were in moria and as for the movies....hmmm thats way too hard to pick
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک bendaimmortal said…
heart
BOOKS:

<3 Everything of the journey from Shire to Rivendell.
<3 Frodo trying to leave to Mordor alone, Sam following him even though he can not swim. Ultimate proof of him rather risking death than leaving Frodo.
<3 Pippin stealing the Palantir from sleeping Gandalf.
<3 Sam defeating Shelob, trying to wake Frodo then believing him dead and taking the Ring to carry on the task, then following the orcs to save Frodo's body.
<3 Frodo, Sam and Gollum on the Mount Doom.
<3 The Gray Havens.

It's been almost 9 years since I last read the book so I'm sure I forgot some favorite scenes.

MOVIES:
I think it goes without saying, that all the same as from the books. But let me comment on couple:

X I did not like how they made it seemingly so that Sam followed Frodo only b/c he had made a promise to Gandalf. (Mostly in the extended version of the FotR film.) It so was not his motivation. But I'd say him repeating "...and I don't mean to. I don't mean to." is saying the promise is not the key but his uncondtional and unbreakable love and loyalty to Frodo.

X Even though it does look cool, I think it's a bit silly that Pip literally fought with the Palantir. :D Otherwise the scene in the movie is a wonderful adaptation of the scene in the book. I especially love the moments Pip wakes from whatever shock state he was in, apparently by some kind of a healing spell of Gandalf's, and explains what he saw. It was somehow so sweet scene in the film. Billy Boyd is such a perfect Pippin! <3 But I found it funnier how in the book Pip kept running and wondering why is he not getting anywhere until he realised Gandalf was holding him. :D
All in all I fell in love with the sort of a parent-child touch between Pippin and Gandalf, both in the book and the film. I think one of the film makers analysed Pip's feelings after Gandalf's supposed death at Moria, something along the line "It was like losing a parent at very young age."

X I wish the film had made clear that - at least if I remember correctly - Sam held "dead" Frodo for hours before he could move on with the Ring. It would not have slowed down the plot and would've taken only a minute or so. Samw with the Gray Havens scene. Also, I think in the book Sam followed the orcs in order to get Frodo back even though he believed him dead and only on the way over-heard that Frodo's actually alive. The fact the film had him know that before he follows the orcs, took away a lot of power of the matter. But anyway, I think Elijah and Sean brought very well alive the strength of the bond and friendship, especially in the Gray Haven scene, which never fails to make me cry.

ALSO from the movies, more favorites:

<3 Arwen raising the river against tha Black Riders on the borders of Rivendell, and trying to help Frodo who appeared to be dying. I love Liv Tyler's emotion in her lines "No! Frodo, don't give in! Not now!" and the whisper as she was holding him; "Whatever grace was given to me, let it pass to him."
<3 Both scenes where Merri and Pippin are dancing on a table, singing those catchy, merry ale songs. :D
<3 When Merri and Pippin find the pipe-weed of the Shire from Isengard.
<3 Merri and Pippin debating over which of them is taller and what Pip has done to have grown so... Well, damnit EVERY Merri and Pippin scene in the films are my favorites!!!
<3 Gandalf and Pippin talking about the end. Where Gandalf comforts Pip with the words about the White Shores. It's so beautiful and does indeed make the horrors and pain lessen for that blessed moment.
<3 Aragorn's crowning.
<3 Especially when the king, the queen and every single one kneel and bow down for the four hobbits. I consider this probably the most emotional moment of the entire story, that is, if you have followed the story with your heart in it and understand how much meaning there is in that moment. I'm pretty sure this happens in the book too but I won't swear. As said, it's been almost a decade since I last read it. But if it is, it of course is one of my favorite parts in the book too.
X Sam deciding to carry Frodo up the Mount Doom as Frodo can't go on anymore. (Also in the book. Maybe even a bit more in the book. But I decided to generalize it into the "Frodo, Sam and Gollum on the Mount Doom".)
X Any moment where Legolas and Gimli keep on their contest about who kills more bad guys.
X Gimli on the Black Gate: "Never thought I'd die side by side with and elf." Legolas: "How about side by side with a friend?" Gimli: "Aye. I could do that." (Witch such an emotion.)
X Well, in the end again EVERY Legolas and Gimli scene.

Oh, I may come around and add more later.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Euri said…
Add a few later, you already have so many! :) Though I did like the parts you picked as well, very nice (and long) list.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Shepard14 said…
I like the ENTIRE MOVIE! but some of my many fave parts are

The Drinking game
The Final Count
(any scene with Legolas and Gimli together)
The scene when Arwen and Aragorn kiss in front of everyone, and right along side that, Eowyn and Faramir together

Just a few, I ♥ THE LOTR TRILOGY
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک TmoVie_obsessed said…
I haven't read the books in awhile but the parts that stuck out to me were:

-there was this description about where they buried Theoden's horse and yeah, I know it's random, but the description was so sad that I still remember it after years
-Faramir meeting Eowyn in the Houses of Healing. I was so sad that the scene with them was only in the extended edition, cause I loved them together.

I have a lot of favorite movie moments but here are the ones I can think of off the top of my head:

-Eowyn killing the witch king. I sometimes pull out the movies and skip through just to watch that scene.
-Theoden's speech before that battle ^^^
- When Pippin rides off with Gandalf.... without Merry, and he's calling back to him. ='(
-Boromir's death (yeah... it still brings tears to my eyes)
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک kool123 said…
laugh
i got so excited at the end of ROTK when the ring was in the lava but it took ages to dissolve. but when it did i screamed my head off!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک LowriLorenza89 said…
My favourite part of the books is the whole Battle of the Pelennor scene, from when the sun breaks through as the horns of the Rohirrim are heard, to Eowyn defeating the Witch King, to Aragorn's arrival. I can't select a move specific part. I just love that entire part.