موسیقی Help identifying mystery lyrics

harold posted on Apr 23, 2008 at 02:28AM
This is, in a way, the opposite of Marissa's link thread. What this thread is about is listing lyrics for songs that you remember (or half-remember) but don't know the artist or the title. These will usually NOT be well-known songs, but I suppose they could be. Then if you know any of the songs, you can reply in the thread with what you know about the song.
save

موسیقی 5 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک harold said…
Here's one I've tried to figure out for years, sung by a female vocalist on a dance track in the 80s:

"I don't mind working hard
But not too hard
(There's no such thing as) something for nothing
But I wouldn't say no
I'm not in it for the glory
But I just wish that someday
Something would come easy

How are your plans going for World Domination?
World world domination-nation
World world domination-nation"

(the part in parentheses is uncertain because it's sung really fast compared to the rest, probably because - as you can see with it written - it obviously destroys the meter of the rest of the lines)

Any ideas? Anyone recognize it?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک igbishop15 said…
Well, I searched all over Google and couldn't find it (which is really unusual). If I find it, I'll tell you, but thing aren't looking very promising right now. Sorry! I hate when I can't figure out a song too.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک harold said…
Thanks for trying. Song lyrics are particularly bad to look for in search engines or search catalogs like Google, though. Even if someone posts lyrics online (which is a big "if"), they're never tagged very well, and the search catalog algorithms are not geared toward finding long strings of precise text. In the past, I had better luck with Altavista, as it had a better search algorithm that gave Boolean searches preference. But I don't think that's the case anymore, since Altavista was sold and the algorithms changed.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک groovedigger said…
mischievous
I know this ... it's THE BELLE STARS "WORLD DOMINATION". The video is up on YouTube, and you can probably find vinyl copies of the maxi single for sale on discogs and/or gemm. Great 80's dance track.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک DramaQueen1020 said…