Penguins of Madagascar Legimency! A Conversation.

beastialmoon posted on Jul 18, 2011 at 08:53PM
Ok, I'm going to try and keep things short. This is a forum dedicated to Sane, practical conversations among fans about the show.
Examples would include reasonable explanations of events in the show, suitable speculations, among other various items.

This Forum will NOT TOLERATE the following:
Spamming
Fangirling/Fanboying (If you mention it In passing I won't mind, just no screaming "Skipper's so hot!" or anything like that, kay?)
Random arguments where people are just angry for being angry.

If there is anything you want to add to either list, that can also be put in the forum. So, enjoy!
I'm reading you... 0.o

Penguins of Madagascar 145 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 145

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Penguinangel said…
First reply on the new sane forum! Thank you so much for making this. :) Hopefully this forum will get more than 4 people talking on it, unlike the "Click here if you're bored" forum.

So if people start fangirling and stuff on here, do we just tell them to get off?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Icicle1penguin said…
smile
Great! So...What are we going to discuss? I'mma try and think of something...XD
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک xDark_Angelx said…
Sound good. I wonder where this will go. What should we discuss (I won't be on for longer, though. My hour is almost up...)?

(EDIT: In fact...going now. Sorry!)
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
How about the PoM musical? I've heard that Neil Patrick Harris has the voice of an angel, so I'm really looking forward to hearing Dr. Blowhole sing.

EDIT: Ok, see ya around later, D-Angel.
Maybe he's going to sing "Brand New Day" Again. XD Well, whatever he's going to sing, I'm probably going to sing it as well. X3
Me too! You know what I'm really hoping for is a Skipper and Julien duet. It would be very amusing to watch them fight in song. xD
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک AgentJazzy00 said…
smile
I'm joining! :D

Even though Skipper and Julien singing/fighting together will be pretty funny,I'm looking forward to hearing Mort sing for some weird reason. XD
^Yes, I don't really think we've heard Mort sing before (at least, I think. I haven't seen the Christmas special in a while, and plenty of characters sang in that XD). But I really want to hear Blowhole sing; I love Neil Patrick Harris's voice.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک SJF_Penguin2 said…
"... just no screaming 'Skipper's so hot!' or anything like that ..."

Not a lot of things are certain in this world, but you'll never have to worry about me breaking that rule.

Anyway, onward to actual discussion. Seeing most (if not all) of the main characters sing in the future musical episode should be interesting. I do hope that the reason why they will be singing is explained, as opposed to just having a musical episode without reason. Perhaps the singing is induced by another of Kowalski's inventions backfiring, or perhaps Dr. Blowhole has developed a "sonic song ray" which he uses on the New York populous, figuring that it is easier to defeat an enemy while they are performing a musical act against their will.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک EppofangirlXD said…
I have heard Mort sing before :D remember in the Red Squirrel? Something about red licorice...

AND. Neil Patrick Harris. I forgot to say, i think I saw him in a H20 Just Add Water episode 22. I'm not sure, but I saw his face and thought 'hey, that guy looks familiar', and they even called him by name in that certain episode...but, I'm still not quite sure.
Seeing Skipper and Julien fighting in a song...that just reminds me of the opera. XD I'm just saying! It could be:

Julien: ♪That explains why you're so boring!♪
Skipper: ♪Unlike you I'm not downright annoying!♪
Julien: ♪Well at leeaaast I don't have a freaky-flat-head!♪
Skipper: ♪Say one more thing and you'll wish you were DEAD!♪

...That was corny. XD
SJF: I don't think it would be one of Kowalski's inventions that backfires since it would most likely only effect the zoo and I'm pretty sure Dr. Blowhole will be singing too. But I could see Dr. Blowhole trying to use music as a weapon. Afterall, music is an incredibly strong thing.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک beastialmoon said…
It speaks straight through the heart, through time and space. Music is not hindered by differences in race, religion, or sexuality. Music is freedom of the soul, emotionally gratifying and satisfying.

I would love to see all of them in a musical, especially Blowhole and Kowalski. For some reason I can imagine Blowhole and Skipper in a sing-off of "Dream On", like the Glee show - which was the only good episode ever. But I digress.

Everyone's worried about the music in the episode. Musicals aren't ALL songs, you know. Alot of it is speaking lines too! In fact, I wouldn't be all that surprised if there were five or fewer songs in the whole hour.

@PenguinAngel: You're welcome! :)
^Truuuuue. XD Like HSM, but waaaaay better!
Well, anything is better than High School Musical, but I have trust that the Penguins of Madagascar could pull off a musical. I was never really a big fan of musicals, though I'll watch it anyway. :)
@Penguinangel That kind of reminds me of the ONE episode I watched of "Batman:the Brave and the Bold".

Here's a link: link

And,surprise,surprise,Neil Patrick Harris voices the Music Meister. So,maybe Blowhole mind controls them with a machine that makes them sing or something.(oh,and FYI Jeff Bennett does Batman's singing voice :O)

Hmm,5 or less songs.I'm OK with that as long as they're catchy. :D
big smile
^His voice is awesome! LOL. Wow, they can sing!!! I can't waaaait! :D Blowhole must sound awesome. X3
laugh
Yes,he must sound awesome or all his Fangirls will attack him XD

But the thing that just popped into my mind is...Will Alice sing?! :O I think it'll be funny if she sings a very girly song XD
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک karenkook said…
laugh
^I would laugh so hard if she does!
Jazzy: Wow, Neil Patrick Harris really DOES have the voice of an angel. Thanks for the link. :)

It would be hilarious to see Alice sing! Although probably painful to all of our ears, since she sure wasn't a very good singer in "Tangled in the Web".
^that is true.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک quasomeness said…
But I also like Jeff Bennett's voice, such as in Graveyard Eight.
I liked the idea of this forum, but it hasn't been updated in two weeks. Therefore, I've decided to grab a defibrillator and try to shock it back to life myself. "Clear!"

This may have been discussed elsewhere in the past, but I think it's a topic worthy of discussion: If you were one of the people in charge of the show, what would you do differently? Anything you'd like to see added or eliminated? Etc.

Also, I do have one question for beastialmoon (or anyone else who knows): What is "legimency"? According to Google, I take it to be Harry Potter-related and spelled wrong. Spelled the way it is here, this forum is the sixth-highest result of about 3,680.
Hm... If I was in charge of the show... Well, honestly, I wouldn't change a thing. XD Except maybe I would have made Skipper's nightmare city a made up one instead of Hoboken. I was thinking about this the other day, and if I lived in Hoboken irl, I'd probably be pretty ticked off that the show is making it out to be some horrible, disease ridden place.

But other than that, and maybe a few continuinity things like the penguins' car changing paint jobs again and Marlene's eyes, I love the show just how it is now.

I think that by "legimency" it's supposed to be saying that this forum is for legit conversations. It's just a different form of the word that in this case is apparently made up. XD
Honestly, if I could change a few things about the show...oh, boy, that's tough. But one thing I would change is that Julien would be less obsessed with his own butt. I guess it's a part of his character, but it's just a bit strange.

And I'd like the penguins to go to more places. The zoo is just one place, but how about somewhere aside from the zoo and even the city? They should go to other states and even countries! They're awesome penguins and they deserve to go explore the world some more.
smile
I don't know what I could possibly change to the episodes themselves to make them better, butas a Staff Member I would =try and explain, wether Via Facebook, Twitter or the main page, the reasons for the USA delays and any other problems that the fans complain about.

As for the title, Penguinangel got it right. It was supposed to be something like Legitamate (Darn! That was the word :P) But I couldn't remember it at the moment. Actually, I believe the HP reference was supposed to be there... Legitamency would probably work better...

I apologize for the absurdly abused title of this forum.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک quasomeness said…
^I need to know the reasons for Nick practically never airing PoM on the mainstream Nick channel. One thing I hate about Nick is lack of contact info about show tips. If only the media would take this story (would they?).

This issue is making me angry. And fanboy-ish. And that's okay. 'Cause I don't want the show to go away. The U.S. Constitution has freedom of speech, and I'm taking advantage of that right.
I wouldn't want to know the reasons WHY they air so slowly. I guess I would just want them to air quickly. That way, we wouldn't complain and wonder why....
@Penguinangel and beastialmoon: I was thinking "legitimacy" might have been what was intended. Thank you.

@xDark_Angelx: I agree about Julien's rear. As for the penguins traveling to places, they will be going to Antarctica at some point.

@quasomeness: Three cheers for free speech and the Constitution!

As for some of the things I would change, I would cut out the occasions where potty humor or flatulence jokes were inserted. And, though I may be in the minority on this one, I'd strike the part in "Operation: Break-Speare" in which penguin mating calls were mentioned and Rico's subsequent reaction. I might also tone-down Private's Lunacorn obsessions a bit, though perhaps not as much as I would have a year ago when that part of Private was new.

In terms of things I would add, I would include an episode in which Marlene, with the penguins' assistance, works to overcome her inability to leave the zoo. The characters would also learn to read from Phil through Mason. There would be additional "hints" at the possibility of Skilene. And, most importantly, the series would be continued beyond a third season.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Motorbreath said…
@Penguinangel;

Wait, Hoboken isn't some horrible, disease ridden place?

That's news to me.
Motorbreath: You're kidding, right? XD
Huh? I mean yes, of course I am! Nobody can be THAT ignorant, right?...right?

You can't blame me though, as New Yorkers always tend to speak ill of all their neighboring states (New Jersey probably getting the shortest end of the stick). Though I'm not a native, that attitude rubs off on you quickly!
Oh, you'd be surprised. Some of the things I've seen here are just... unbelievable. But I think I'll save that rant for another time.

Speaking of Hoboken, I can't wait for the special Saturday! I've been waiting to see Hoboken for months, maybe even a whole year by now! Plus we get to see Skipper freak out some more I'm sure, which is always amusing. X)

The one thing I'm not looking forward to so much is Rhonda's reappearance. She's my absolute least favorite character in the show so far, so I'm just hoping that we don't have to see too much of her in the special. Either that or we'll luck out and she won't be the disgusting, annoying Rhonda from "Roomies", if that was just her cover while she spied on the penguins.

^What you said about Rhonda got me thinking. Will she still pull off her disguise as a disgusting walrus or not care and in some way reveal that she faked her grossness and that she's a spy to the penguins? Either way, I hope it's the latter.

And even if we don't get any U-Pick winners, at least we can think of something positive to make us feel better. I mean, we have the Hoboken special on Saturday morning.
I can't wait to see Operation: Vacation too! I not only want to see Hoboken and the old friend/enemies, but also the woman in the promo. I think she's a zookeeper there and the opposite of Alice since she seemed way too happy whereas Alice is grumpy all the time.
There are currently three days, nine hours, and 34 minutes left until "Operation: Vacation" airs.

@xDark_Angelx: I think Rhonda may just be a disgusting spy.

@karenkook: This Hoboken zookeeper may be happy, but I tend to think it's just a façade. I can't see Alice hitting a penguin into a hole with a mop, even on her worst day.
Yayness, more new episodes! ^^

So what do you guys think "Loathe At First Sight" and "" will be about?

I'm pretty confident that "The Trouble With Jiggles" will be about Jiggles (duh XD), but I can't think of any good plot ideas right now.

As for "Loathe At First Sight", I think that a new character will be introduced, possibly a girl because of the spin-off of the phrase "love at first sight".
smile
@penguinangel Yeah, maybe a new character will be introduced and takes control of Private's mind so he can secretly attack Kowalski, his sworn nemisis. Or one of Kowalski's inventions goes wrong (again) and it causes Private to hate Kowalski. Private's hatred is so huge, that he tries to destroy Kowalski in the episode. Which is a big surprise to the other three penguins, but they don't know what's wrong with. Kowalski tries to work on his failed invention and founds out that it affected Private in some way. So he creates a purple chemical to get Private back to normal, but Private tries to prevent him so he turns on the security system to try to destroy Kowalski once more. Kowalski eventually throws it to Rico so he can attempt to pour it on Private. Rico grabs the chemical and pours it on Private and he reverts back to normal, having no clue what happened. This is what I think will happen. I stand by with the plot being Private hates Kowalski and tries to destroy him.

As for "The Trouble With Jiggles" my guess is that Kowalski was feeding little Jiggles one day, but Jiggles somehow gets out into the open. A visiting artist finds Jiggles before Kowalski can get him back, and he/she brings it to the museum where it's put into display. Kowalski, and the others, deploy a mission to get him back so Kowalski can take care of it since he figured out how to keep him from becoming a monster. By the time they get there, Jiggles becomes huge once again and goes on a rampage in the city. Skipper, Private, and Rico hold him off while Kowalski goes back to his lab to retrieve his shrink ray. When the situation seems hopeless, Kowalski arrives, blasts Jiggles, and takes him back to his lab. And everything goes back to normal.
surprise
^ Woah, I wrote alot!
^That IS an impressive amount of typing. XD And I really like those ideas, too. The first one seems somewhat possible too, if just because on the u-pick thing somewhere on nick I saw "Will Private destroy the team?" or something like that.
For "The Trouble with Jiggles," I'm thinking that the green cube might somehow escape form the museum where it apparently now is located. Either that or someone, perhaps Julien, swallows the small cube and, once consumed, it expands and takes over the body of the aforementioned swallower.
@SJF; That second suggestion seems a little…how do I put this lightly…graphic. If that was the case I can bet the network censors would have a field day!

Personally I think “The Trouble with Jiggles” will be in light of a similar situation seen in the original “Jiggles” episode, though I hope this isn’t the case seeing how that storyline would present itself as hackneyed and trite from my perspective.

"Loathe at First Sight" is really anyone’s guess, as I don’t believe there is really anything to go off of aside from some of the obvious points seen in the title.
*POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT*
I think we know what "Loathe At First Sight" is about now because of that clip. For anyone who can't see it, it looked like Kowalski had some kind of love laser, and when he went to turn the animals (and Alice) back to normal, he hit Private by accident and Private suddenly hates Kowalski's guts.
*END SPOILER*

It's a shame they didn't play today, that seemed like a really cool episode, but I'll live.
big smile
*I CALL THIS A SPOILER* There was also a moment where Private uses the box that controls the secerity defences and stuff on Kowalski. He also yells "DANCE KOWALSKI! DANCE ON YOUR HIDEOUSLY MISSHAPEN FEET!" And I think the test tube that Kowalski is holding is a key ingredient to returning Private back to normal. *END OF SO-CALLED SPOILER*

So yeah. It's a shame that they didn't get to play the episode. All the little people who voted and saw "The Penguins of Madagascar" on the schedual must've been thrilled but then...Ker-plut. :P

Ah, well. Can't wait for Operation Vacation! That ZooKeeper must be more worse then Alice. O_O

Hm. Been a while since I've been here. X3
smile
@DarkAngel: LOOOOOOOOOVE your new Icon!!!! :D :D

I really wish it had aired today. I come home at 6:25, expecting to see the last few minutes of it, but instead PS is on. No offence, but I honestly don't see that show lasting very long.
^Agreed. But that's just an opinion. It's not THAT bad, but it lack color and brightness. It's always dark, purple, and brown when I look at it. The only thing white is Sheen's clothes.
smile
^Exactly! Not to mention its a spin-off of Jimmy Neutron (an old fave of mine!) but its like a mix between JN side characters and bad FB&CC color schemes/plots!
But yes, it still is JUST an opinion...
Ya know, I think for that Jiggles episode, Jiggles will escape and eat food and Skipper will say: "KOWALSKI! You told me you got rid of that gelatous monstrosity!"

Or what SJF said! Julien eats Jiggles. But instead Jiggles will give Julien an extreme craving for fruit. And no, Jiggles will not pop out of Julien's stomach...But Julien will GROW! XD
So, Planet Sheen has been played twice for U-Pick? I really don't think that's fair. I think it would be easier (for everyone, especially since PoM has been losing unfortunately this week) if each show (since there are five of them) got a chance once and couldn't get another chance. Considering our bad luck, I'd take that right now.

I was so disappointed to hear that Planet Sheen won again. I don't see how people can really like that show. I mean, I thought PoM was the 2nd best cartoon on Nick, unless things changed over time? I'm trying to look on the bright side (two new episodes to wait FOREVER for and the special Saturday), but I can't. Perhaps they're making us wait because we have a special in a few days so they're trying to make other shows feel special? I don't know, I'm just really ticked and am trying to come up with ideas. I just can't see how Planet Sheen could beat PoM-in my opinion, of course.

I really, really hope we get a chance tomorrow. If not, be warned, I will not control myself any longer, chances are, and I will seriously lose it. It's pathetic to say that and it actually happen, but I'm not perfect. XD
hmmm
Well, PoM belongs more to Dreamworks then Nick. So I guess Nick shows their show the most. :/