Random Role Playing Dimensional Deities

BanetteGhosneir posted on Oct 16, 2017 at 07:45AM
With the 3rd Crusade just passed, the rumours had once again begun to spread, playful rumours of dragons, fairies, the usual fairy tales and stories... but one tale was always told, one tale was always known.

the Deities, as we called them. there is no proof they exist, only madmen who claim to have seen them. the stories of the 4 deities are widespread and well known... yet never have they been proven as true.

~

More Info:

this land is called Artura, it has 3 major cities, 1 capital and several smaller towns.
Krulakk is the Capital
Rampar, Tellam and Pompor are the major cities.
Rampar is a port town, and the main way to use boats.
Tellam is the trading hub, connecting the 3 major cities and the capital together.
Pompor is the industrial home, here is where most master smiths, craftsmen and other artisans are.

It's the Medieval Era, it is the 34th year of Rang's Rule, this country has had 79 previous leaders, a 3rd crusade has just been won against the neighbouring country, and as soldiers return home the civilians prepare to welcome them back.

you can choose to be from anywhere, from the cities to a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. but just to let you know: You'll have a better chance of finding a Deity away from large amounts of humans.

now, onto what exists.
Spirits: There are several spirits of nature in the world, those most connected with the world usually are able to see, and sometimes even communicate with these spirits. they come in various types, fire spirits, water spirits, animal spirits, ect.

Beasts: There exists several 'monsters' in this world, but still quite rare. you might find a corrupted boar or ancient bear once or twice in your entire lifetime. if you're unlucky.

Ghosts: Those unable to pass onto the afterlife, are trapped here in our world, between Limbo. these ghosts are unable to be talked to, unable to be saved by Humans. you will find them mostly around where they died, or near graveyards and churches.

and now, finally. the 4 Deities.
the stories told about them are varied and unique, each story is different, each culture has their own variant, every person who speaks their tales have their own understanding, their own knowledge about the Deities... but what do you know of them?

The 4 Deities have no duty, they have no job. they roam and do as they please. some believe they protect and maintain balance, others believe they judge and decide the fate of everything...

[====][Rules][====]

This should be fairly well known by now.
If you have any questions, or if I've not given clear enough details about something just ask.

there are only 4 Deities, you can also create spirits.

Each Deity has some unique abilities that others do not.

Humans do have Magic, but not to extent of Spirits or the Deities.

[====][Character Sheet][====]

[Title]

[Name]

[Age]

[Powers]

[Biography]

[Extra]

[====][Characters][====]

[==][Deities][=][4/4][=]
(Sorted by Age)

∞ - Eve, Creator of All - ?? - Banette
Ⅰ - Hobo, Father of Time - 1st - COLA
Ⅱ - Raum, the bridge of Worlds - 2nd - Banette
Ⅲ - Morana, the Dark Mother - 3rd - Firebird06721

[====][Humans][====]

Ⅰ - Merrick, Prince of Fools - 28 - 666demon
Ⅱ - ??????, The Lamp Seller - ?? - Banette
Ⅲ - Calbrang 'Cal' Orga, Seeker of Four - 27 - Banette
Ⅳ - Arak Laughinghunter, Blessed of the Skies - 29 - 666demon
Ⅴ - Kara Laughinghunter, Blessed of the Valleys - 29 - 666demon
Ⅵ - Jormungand, Drums of War - 29 - Banette
Ⅶ - Pifrod, Mad Scientist - 32 - Banette
Ⅷ - Bor Dom, Lord of Apathy - 300 - COLA
Ⅸ - Adawn Morseethucus, Thief of the Sun - 28 - COLA
Ⅹ - Troj Morman, Man who Escaped - 33 - COLA
Ⅺ - Aleoxus Ken'Dal, Assassin of Artura - 31 - COLA

[====][Spirits][====]

Ⅰ - Pin, Spirit of Mullul - ?? - Banette
Ⅱ - Kai, The Healer - ?? - 666demon

[====][Beasts][====]

Ⅰ - Medusa, The Gorgon - 666demon
Ⅱ - MEB, Creation Ⅻ - Banette
 With the 3rd Crusade just passed, the rumours had once again begun to spread, playful rumours of drag
last edited on Nov 28, 2017 at 08:38AM

Random Role Playing 65 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-65 of 65

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک -Universe_COLA- said…
((Welcome back Bird, we missed ya!))
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Firebird06721 said…
((Aw thanks Cola!! ...here goes nothing))

The somber heaviness of the graveyard broke with an eerie call as a perched Raven released an alerting cry. The bird's breath billowed out from its beak, a visible mist in the chilly air. The mist expanded and swirled softly until touching the ground, when from it, emerged the form of the Dark Mother- Morana. Her skin was pale, but not sickly, her dark hair to her back, and she appeared in a perfectly humanlike form, held in a long, sleek, yet somehow otherworldly black gown. Her manner, her presence, everything about her was elegant. She was neat, and strange but yet familiar. The deity was a beautiful blur of contradiction- her presence gentle and yet demaninding of attention, dangerous and yet maternal, soothing and yet eerie, too.

Morana, moving as a swan glides across a lake, began to walk about the graveyard. "Raum." She greeted the deity with a nod, speaking in a professional manner, with a soft but cold voice. She paused, contemplative, over a particular grave marker. She could feel the pulsing of the soul she was looking for, one of those she had recently cut off- a pulsing which meant the soul was still partially connected to the body below. It was the pulsing of a soul in Limbo. The Dark Mother stooped and ran her palm along the marker a moment, feeling the warmth of the energy. This was the one, yes, the one of the three that was misplaced- the one which she needed. Morana stood, but did not speak yet, giving Raum opportunity to speak first.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک BanetteGhosneir said…
Raum sighed. lazily raising his blue glowing claw into the air. his sort of greeting. he lowered it again, the claws ripping a very tiny line in the world as he lowered it... the lines quickly closed back up.

the child from before, eyes still red from tears, had his breath drawn away at the second Deity, the first had scared him, the second enamoured him. what a poor mortal.

Raum moved over to the three souls standing in the graveyard, then turned to the second deity.
None of this, was his doing, but none the less, a deal would need to be made.

his horns, tail and claws pulsed a little brighter, he motioned his hands towards the grave the deity was standing at, then to the three souls standing in the graveyard....
"Deal?"

they would need to hurry with this deal. the third is coming.

~

the little spirit, Pin, popped up at the graveyard, sitting far away. the presence of the two deities to a spirit was both intoxicating, and a warning. Pin kept quiet, watching the deities commune.
Morana raised her chin slightly as Raum ripped a tiny tear in the seams of the realm. What a fragile thing the world was. How truly fragile, Morana felt only she knew. As the small rip closed, the Dark Mother exhaled, her chin leveling once again, and she continued. "What do you propose this time, Raum?" She asked, striding down the rows of grave stones.

As the deities spoke, Morana felt a unique energy behind her. Not a spirit but a mortal's energy. What a strange energy it was, indeed. Small, frightened, and yet strong... almost as if, enlightened. The deity felt a pull towards the energy, though tempted to turn, dismissed it for later. The strange mortal should be dealt with later, this deal required full attention.
Raum tilted his head.
Raum was willing to trade 4 souls... the price wouldn't be light.
"four for one. Jormungand, you not claim soul... exchange, four souls given to you."

Raum was trading 4 souls for the immortality of a single soul...
this mortal must mean alot to him.
"acceptable?"

the deity's blue glow pulsed again.
the human child kept quiet, not wanting to gain the attention of the staggering powers afront of him.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
"Or might be the question, unacceptable?" Hobo's voice entered into the area, the age that weighed within the tone that he spoke in bringing a new light of youth to the graveyard. "Ah, yes, a question of time and death. Two beautiful concepts of breath and graves." He came to a stop before the two deities, completing the broken triangle that had been just the two, himself being the third edition. His endlessly deep sapphire eyes gazed between the two for a moment, and then he spoke again. "Raum. Death, Good day to you both. I'm afraid that we may have a small issue with this particular gamble."
Raum didn't bother to look to the 3rd.
"Input not factor. age is ignored. non-death is requested, not non-age."

Raum's blue pulsed again, his tail whacking the ground.
"Small issue is you... you not partake of deal. you are outsider. Raum trade four for one. Jormungand age still, Raum want Jormungand live beyond death."

Raum seemed adamant in his statements. he kept his eyes to Morana, waiting for her to accept or decline the deal.
"Ah, but age is time my friend. And for one to live beyond death is for one to live beyond their time. Tell me, would you not consider life as a factor of that as well? After all, for one to have lived, one must have a time of birth. A date of birth. Just as well as a time of death. The cycle, and you should be well enough aware of how it functions." Hobo rubbed his thumb and index finger together, parting them briefly. When he did so, a strange illuminating trail of black was left in a brief trail before disappearing.

"Further more, any deal made between the two of you is just as much my business as I'd like it to be." He continued. "What is death without life, and what may life be with the absence of death? What would either be without time itself? Regardless of the answer, without either of the three, there will be no souls for you to make a bargain with or for Death to harvest. So there you have it. I believe that the small issue here is your inconsistencies my dear Raum. Each, and every time. You become attached to someone and become unable to let go. Which leads you to believe that just any form of bargain will up and pass on your whim. A shame, really."
((Raum refers to the deities by their number of 'birth', he refers to Eve by her name))

Raum sighed the annoyance's long speech.
"Input not factor."
Raum repeated.

"Death without Life is Eve. Life without Death is Eve. Either without Time is Eve."

Raum lifted his claw to the sky, tears in the fabric of reality, time and space itself tore open, his blue glow pulsed with his power of worlds.

"inconsistencies? you bound to world of time, of space, of death and life. you record much, but see little, all you see, law and rules. Raum is BORN inconsistent. Raum MADE inconsistent. for Raum, Time is naught. for Raum, space is fragile, for Raum, Death and Life are same and different."

Raum lowered his claw, the tear slowly closed, he turned and pointed at the First.
"the first, born, bound to Time, bound to Space, bound to life, but barred from Death."

Raum turned, and pointed to Morana.
"The third, born, bound to Time, bound to Space, bound to death, but barred from Life."

then he lowered his claw.
"The second, born, barred from Time, barred from Death, barred from Life, barred from Space."

then, he returned his gaze to Morana.
"Acceptable?"

as if the entire conversation had never happened, he returned to the deal at hand.
The Dark mother pressed her lips together in dissatisfaction with the proposal, but her counteroffer was held as Hobo made his uninvited appearance.

"Raum, Death, good day to you both."

"Morana." She corrected the meddlesome god of time, sternly. She waited, composed but impatient, through Hobo's rambling. How childish, she thought. "If you're quite finished," she addressed him when he had stopped speaking. "This is not a matter of your concern, Hobo. Time will not be disrupted in this matter, I can assure you. And as for the mortals's time-" her voice holding a slight warning in her tone, "-it is I who am to decide when they shall pass. And I need not consult you."

Morana regarded the god of time as an annoyance, a pest. His time table was nothing of import, easily dismissible, to her. She followed the table given by the Ancient Orders, before any requests of his. She brushed him aside to return to the matter at hand.

The goddess raised her eyebrows considering Raum's offer. This soul was important to him, that was unusual, and oh how much harder it made things. She pondered things a moment- this souls was important to him, but one day she it would, too, be important to her. It's role in the Orders must be fulfilled. "Here is what I offer to you, Raum." She proposed. "You will give me two souls to appease me, and I will let you keep this soul for seven years. At the end of this time you will return it to me, and in fair enough condition. Acceptable?"
Raum considered her offer.
2 souls, in exchange Jormungand would be allowed an extra seven years after her original death date...

problem was, Jormungand was important to Raum...
Raum lifted his claw to his mouth... thinking...
"Counteroffer. Raum wishes Jormungand... trade four, let Jormungand live, until Jormungand produce Child... acceptable?"

this immense fixation on a soul was quite unusual for Raum. normally, when Raum is attached to a soul, he would place them in his personal world. out of the reach of both Time and Death... why the sudden want to let a Soul stay here?
Hobo let out a long sigh, looking to both Morana and Raum briefly. And this is precisely the reason why he had thought of arriving in an older form. There was only so much that he could do while in his current state of being. And it was this very state of being that he allowed far less to interfere with the well being of...well, time's well being. And so he listened to them speak, drawing out their bargaining mentally until he came to a decision of his own.

"Jormungand, was it?" A spark of brilliance occurred within his blue eyes, along with a hint of regard. "Regardless of what either of you may "think", all of this conversation of years and time has brought a conclusion. If the both of you choose to suffer from lack of reasoning, I suppose it'll only be suitable for me to take a more direct approach to the matter. Perhaps paying a visit to this Jormungand myself will be of use. Having two issues such as yourself takes a tole on the schedule. And with that, I bid you a short and generous fare thee well." As he turned to leave, he stopped for a moment, his lips pursing before his gaze fixated on Raum.

"Ah, and it just so happens that something has been prodded in my memory just in the matter of time. It seems that there is a small phenomenon in the wakes. Word of a man who seems to possess a fire that this plane of the world is unable to rival. One would think that instead of meddling in your own affairs, you would be paying more attention to the sheep of your cattle." His eyes shifted to Morana. "Likewise to yourself, Death." He added, continuing on his way.
Raum looked to the sky... silent, until a laugh bellowed out from his jaws. his horns, claws and tail, pulsed an immense blue, his laugh rippled holes in the world, before sealing them back up.

then he looked to the first.
"not threat, Raum's warning to Time. Jormungand burns with Blood of Raum. First careful, for Jormungand burns fire of Gloria. First's time not change Jormungand's flame."

Raum then tapped his claws on his horns... he was thinking...
"Man of Flame, concern not Raum. Man of Flame burns fire of Mundra, Third be warned, Man of Flame devour souls..."

Raum still didn't seem finished... he takes time to think of words though.
"two concerns... concerns us three... Eve not found... Eve nowhere be...? problem present, Raum feels Raum's mistake, feels Eve's hand... no, false... feels fake Eve... Raum mortal saved, copy fragment of Eve"

Raum's speech was strange, a mix of anger, worry, regret and contempt.
though, Raum's speech always felt like he was contempt.

((Let me know if you're not understanding Raum too well @_@ reading back over his speech I'm not sure what I'm trying to say is getting across))

~

Eve floated among her nothingness...
a place of calm, a place where her children... the other deities couldn't access... space.

though they had no need to breathe, eat nor sleep... Space was a place she ensured they could not go. when she needed to be alone... when she needed time to think, this is where she goes. out of their reach... out of their senses.

and though she feels cramped, in this body sized down, she dared not return to celestial scale, incase they felt her.

Eve decided to watch for a little longer... watch her children bicker and deal...
for now....
Morana clenched her teeth in irritation at the two deities. Hobo, Father Time, behaved like a meddlesome delinquent with his petty threats and remarks, to which she paid no attention. Raum, bridge of worlds, negotiating with all the coherency of a mortal child, tested the sophisted goddess's patience.

She considered his proposal, her curiosity sparked by his fascination with this soul, this Jormungand. His proposition- to have her bear a child- suggested to her maybe even... romantic affiliation with the human soul. But he should keep her until she bear a child? Impossible! A soul not meant to exist should never be created, this she would not allow- A far cry from the Ancient Orders interrupted her thoughts. Unless...

"Raum." Morana addressed him, thoughtfully. "You know that I would never allow such chaos as would be caused by the creation of a soul that should not exist. However," she continued, with a contemplative, almost sly pause, "under these unique circumstances, I may be prepared to make you one final offer. I will allow Jormungand four more years of life, with the appeasement of four souls. At the end of these four years, Jormungand will give birth to a child, a healthy baby girl, but in her labor return to me. The child will live, however, you shall hand her over to me not in death, but alive, and I shall care for this Jormungand's daughter. Once again, this will be my final offer, do you agree to these terms?"

((That was a lot of roundabout Morana grammar so in quick summary her deal is Raum gives Morana four souls and Jormungand (btw where'd this name come from?) lives. Then, after four years she (Jormungand) has a baby and dies. Morana then raises the baby (not to be confused with "handing it over to her" as in killing it, she wants it to live).))
Raum stared at Morana...
"No."
was his only word. the blue glow from his horns, claws and tail felt cold, even his voice lost it's usual mysterious tone, for a cold one. his tail fwapped the ground, and his blue glow pulsed.

"The Child of Raum's Child is not of Raum's blood. Soul of the Child's child already owned by The Third. by You." Raum pointed to Morana. Raum sighed... tapping his horn...
"Child of Child is soul meant be born. Jormungand is Soul not meant exist. but Jormungand exist, despite. Jormungand escape Raum's Sin... Raum requires more Life to Jormungand, to return Jormungand to Sin."

Raum tapped his horn again... tap... tap... tap...
"Third can not deal, what Third does not have, nor can have. Jormungand belong to Raum, Jormungand Child belongs to Third. problem is Jormungand. Soul not exist... but exist... is inconsistent. Raum requires Jormungand live longer, bear Child meant to born, then Raum will remove Jormungand from Limbo, back to Home."

((So, for Raum's words. Jormungand is his 'child', but the Child being born from Jormungand isn't related to him. it's a soul that is meant to exist. whilst Jormungand, much like Raum, is inconsistent, a Soul that doesn't exist, but does.
he wants Jormungand to live until she produces the child that is meant to be born, then he will take her back to Raum's World, where inconsistent Souls can live, without messing with Limbo, Gloria and Mundra.

he essentially wants the child removed from her, so he can take her back.))

"Third try offer again. Offer not acceptable, Raum will take Jormungand and bear child... once child Born, will not consist, then Raum put child back in Limbo..."

Raum seemed very adamant in his ways... then again, with this deal, he holds the four souls and Jormungand's soul, which extends into her child's soul.

((Raum here is saying she needs to try her offer again, otherwise he'll simply take the four souls, Jormungand, AND her child to his world. if the Child is born there, the child will become 'Inconsistent'))