What would you rename The Hunger Games characters? You could do any types of names you want: flowers, foods, by country, etc.
I chose from Latin/Roman names, and also by the names' meanings:
Renaming Katniss: Junia - meaning "vital force"
- I chose this rename because of the influence Katniss has on the districts in the series, and how she takes Panem by force. Her nature, and her skill.
Renaming Peeta: Abelardus - meaning "noble strength"
- I chose this rename because of Peeta's strength and his nobility in the series. I don't count the hijacking as "nobility", but the strength it took to return back to his old self, even if he still may suffer some, and to vote against another Hunger Games.
Renaming Gale: Almericus - meaning "work-power"
- I chose this rename because of Gale's work---both physical and mental---in the series. Especially during the times of war and working in the mines.
Renaming Prim: Anthea - meaning "flower"
- I chose this rename because her original name was a flower, and Katniss notes her delicacy or fragility in the series.
Renaming Rue: Florine - meaning "flower"
- I chose this rename because Rue is also a flower, and Rue's skills when in the arena and her own district.
Renaming Haymitch: Cletes - meaning "called back; invoked"
- I chose this rename because of Haymitch getting involved in being a mentor, and also his role throughout the rest of the series.
Renaming Effie: Pleione - meaning "more, plenty"
- I chose this rename because Effie, being from the Capitol, has more than the districts and everything is plentiful for her. She also seems to care about her tributes.
Renaming Cinna: Euthymius - meaning "good-spirited"
- I chose this rename because of Cinna's good attitude throughout the series. Helpful to Katniss, and he is devoted to making her look beautiful---as well as rebellious---for Capitol audiences.
Renaming Caesar: Festus - meaning "festival"
- I chose this rename because of the interviews. He is always dressed colorfully, seems to always be in good spirits, and guides the tributes in their interviews.
Renaming Cato: Lupus - meaning "wolf"
- I chose this rename because of the wolf-like mutts who mauled Cato. He's very determined and strong, and can have a mentality like a wolf pack.
Renaming Glimmer: Aegle - meaning "radiance, splendor"
- I chose this rename because of Glimmer's beauty and sexiness. Her interview dress was a see-through gold gown, after all. "Glimmer" in itself is radiance.
Renaming Johanna: Botilda - meaning "battle of revenge"
- I chose this rename because of Johanna's hatred for the Capitol, and hatred of the Hunger Games.
Renaming Finnick: Marcius - meaning "defense" or "of the sea"
- I chose this rename because of Finnick being defensive of those he loves and cares for, him being from District 4, and having a trident as his weapon.
*You can do as many characters from any of the books. You can do any types of names you want. Just what would you rename them?