The Hunger Games Bummed that the film is going to be PG-13

isabellalala posted on Jan 16, 2011 at 03:49PM
It's a young adult series, it deals with very serious issues and there is, without a doubt, a lot of violence.
I really wish that the director would reconsider, because I think it could potentially change or ruin the Hunger Games for me. I know a lot of 12 year olds read the books and stuff, but at the end of the day, the series was written for a young adult audience, which is usually considered to be 15+
I'm sorry if this is an unpopular opinion, but I really think PG-13 will make it too mild. Then again, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was a PG-13 and that was pretty dark and violent at times...

The Hunger Games 15 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Primrose8297 said…
yeah. you do actually have pretty good points. but hey, who knows? it might still be pretty violent! but...idk.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک koa1095 said…
hmmm
it still might be violent, i can agree wid u on tht. but it probably wont hav all of the blood, gore, nd, well, make out sessions tht make this book so awesome nd authentic. it just wont b as exciting as the book but i kinda already knew tht since books r ALWAYS WAY BETTR THAN MOVIES!!!! (much more details)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Primrose8297 said…
well at least suzanne collins actually is writing the script for the movie! that's what i've heard, anyways.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک silver93 said…
You have to be at least 17 to see an R rated movie. I don't think it being rated PG-13 will affect the movie, maybe if it was made in the 90's. Nowadays you can cut someone head off and eat it and it would still be PG-13 as long as you don't say the F word more than once. It's stupid, but nudity and cussing are the only things that cause a movie to be rated R. And as long as you don't see anyone fully naked, it'll be rated PG-13. Anyway, it's not the violence that makes the story, it's the characters and plot.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Lol_Cat101 said…
i agree with Silver93, but i think PG is a little too mild, just make it M, 12 year olds can still get into that
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک isabellalala said…
I'm from England, so I don't get your ratings, we have PG, then 12a (12 year olds must be accompanied by adults) 15, then 18.
Yeah, I suppose you're right silver93, some 12a films over here can get away with so much violence :)
I sound like some kind of sadist wanting it to be so violent, haha!
I'm not though, I just want the film to be as hard hitting and epic as the book. Which probably won't happen whatever rating they give it :(
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک silver93 said…
No I understand. So is it rated 12a over there? Because it's PG-13 here, so anyone under the age of 13 has to be accompanied by an adult. We only have four ratings:G(everyone can see it),PG-13(already explained), R(you have to be 17 to get in), and X(which I'm pretty sure is illegal to show in a public area and probably disgusting so you don't want to watch anyway). I'm not too worried about the movie not being epic, Collins wrote the screenplay. And if you haven't seen Pleasantville, which Ross directed and wrote, you should. It'll take your worries away about his directing abilities. I'm more concerned with the actors.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک jenn734 said…
I dont think rated R is the best move, but (Im from england also), A 15 atleast! Then you have the appropriate violence needed for this movie, but you dont get tooo much.
+ silver93, it would be 12A over here :/ and i totally agree, Im sure the script will be perfect, but we need the actors to pull it off
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک anna_tvd said…
There are a lot of things you can get away with in a PG-13 movie. It can portray all of the violence and serious themes while riding the line between PG-13 and R. I don't think they would take a book like this and completely leave out the violence and strong themes. That's what the book is based on.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک lemon1110 said…
cake
i just hope the movie will be as good as the book! my mom is taking me to see it no matter what.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک SaveMe620 said…
There are plenty of movies that are PG13 and still rather dark. Like, as you said, Harry Potter, The Dark Knight, or pretty much any horror movie that's pg13. I was actually hoping for an R rating for more blood and violence [like Battle Royal] and, if I'm being honest, to keep it from being like Twilight...When I see a bunch of YOUNG kids going to a midnight showing, it's hard to take a movie meant for an older audience seriously.
I'm hoping though that it's PG13 on the bridge of R, if that makes sense.
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Dark Knight, and that was really dark.
I know exactly what you mean about the Twilight thing, I mean, critics and journalists are already like 'Is this the next Twilight?' and it annoys me so much, almost as much as it annoyed me when on the back of one of the Twilight books it said 'Move over J.K. Rowling' Grrr.
The Hunger Games really isn't for young kids, and I will go insane if they start bringing out team t-shirts.
Oh God, I'm so excited :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک sam7b said…
Well a lot of PG-13 movies these days are pretty R. Plus, I LOVED the books and I'm eleven so it wouldn't really be fair to the younger fans 'cause then they couldn't see the movie in theaters.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Blacksword said…
angry
No No No!!! I say stick with PG-13!!!This is a wierd topic to talk about anyway.
I know there's a lot of young fans but yeah, it is a young adult book, and it is very violent (which I'm not saying 11 year olds couldn't deal with, just that unlikely it's going to be as violent as the book with the rating being PG-13)

How is it a weird topic, it's perfectly valid :/