The Office Spin-off

supercalo23 posted on May 19, 2008 at 02:58PM
There may have already been a discussion about this but if so, I missed out on it.
I've been reading for a little bit about The Office spin-off that is rumored to be starting next year. There have been some rumors that it could focus on Dwight or even Andy. Either way, rumor has it that some crew members from our beloved Office may be joining the team such as Greg Daniels and Mike Schur (cousin Mose). What have others heard about this and what do you think about a possible Office spin-off?

The Office 19 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک supercalo23 said…
Oh, and here's just one of the places I read about it:
link
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک illini_1 said…
When will we find out who is in the spin-off for sure?? It's driving me crazy!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک salsashanno said…
i had heard somewhere that it was going to be based around mose, but nothing was official. I hope we find out soon!!
I just read someone else who had thought of this but, what if the Office spin-off is Jim and Pam? Think about it, they both go to NYC (Pam for school, Jim for work). That would be terrible.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Temptasia said…
I think Andy will do the spin off. Think about it, he finds about Dwangela and heartbroken asks for a transfer.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک tessajanuary said…
I think you may be right, Temptasia. link supports that idea, but it's far from certain. Also, he and Karen were the last ones to join the show (apart from Holly, of course) so they are the ones who would be more easily removed.

Personally, I love Andy and would hate to see him go. If there has to be a spin-off, I would like to see Mose as the main character. That has the potential of being hilarious!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک 28spike28 said…
mose during his education years. i want to see him playing tag with the other kids except he is throwing feces at them.
Some sites were saying that NBC was denying that the spin-off was based around Andy or Dwight. But who knows..
I would love if it was someone like Mose just so that we can keep all the major characters with the Office. Aside from Fraser, I can't think of any succesful spin offs so I'd hate to see a character leave for that reason.
supercalo - Fraser's the only successful spinoff? How about The Jeffersons, Angel, Laverne and Shirley, Mork and Mindy, Knot's Landing, all the Law and Order series, the CSIs, the Star Treks, the Andy Griffith Show, the Simpsons...

Ok, so I'm playing a bit of devil's advocate here, but I'd like to point out that there have indeed been some very successful spinoff shows. That's not to say that many haven't crashed and burned, but to say that all spinoffs are doomed is not accurate at all.

I only hope that this spinoff follows in the vein of those that I mentioned previously and not go the way of Joey, AfterMASH, That 80's Show, Joanie Loves Chachi, or the numerous other spinoff flops.
I guess I was thinking more recent. I guess I hadn't realized that so many of those shows were spin-offs also. Anyways, I'm just afraid it would mirror the many recent attempts at spin-offs (like you said: Joey and That 80's Show). It's just scary when you have a show as great as the Office and you start moving those characters into new shows. But...who knows? Maybe the new show will be hilarious.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک snoznoodle said…
A Mose spin-off has the potential to rock people's socks off! They could call it "The Farm". He could have a cousin he's in love with or something lmao. And the actor's a writer on the Office anyway isn't he? I think it could work really well. Plus we haven't really seen much of him and everyone wants to see more.

I wouldn't mind an Andy spin-off but transferring isn't really new for him. We already know what he's like when he starts a new job. The Office could definitley make it without him but the Dwight/Andy rivalry is going to hit an all-time high next season. He needs to be there!

And as for Jim and Pam - no way. They can't leave I would be SO angry if they did. They'd be together, in jobs they love and really happy - exactly the opposite to how they started out in the 1st season. Just - no.

Oh and we're forgetting Boston Legal as another successful spin-off. Sorry I just really love Boston Legal and I never watched the Practice - I heard it sucked.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک IrishTea said…
I have a hard time seeing one of the main characters taken off the show (dwight, jim, pam) but B.J. might make a good spinoff.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک bradlybob said…
The spin off will be about Jim, with a side of Pam. J&P move to NY where Jim has accepted Ryan’s position. After a few months of living together J&P discover that they can't stand each other as lovers but they love each other as friends. All of this happens before the series starts. The show centers on Jim and his quirky circle of friends. There's Jim, of course, who lives by himself in an average NYC walkup. Pam, his ex-girlfriend/current best friend who has a habit of popping in unannounced. Jarvis, Jim's eccentric neighbor. Lesley, Jim's chubby/nerdy/needy but likable friend from high school that still lives with his parents. Comedy ensues when Jim's day to day struggle to manage DM offices is interrupted by his friends and their strange lives
Sounds like it could be funny. However, Office without Jim and Pam...? I hope not.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک IndianKelly said…
Sounds like Seinfeld.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک chel1395 said…
The rumors are now that no one from the cast will be leaving for the spinoff. They've already hired Aziz Ansari (who is hilarious!!). You can read all about it link.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Shandiii said…
Oh, I love him! I hope the spin-off is amazing then. Because I really really don't want to be disappointed by it.
And I'm glad they decided to hire new people, rather than pulling them away from The Office.
Thanks for that link, chel. Yeah, I thought it was unlikely that they'd take any of the characters off. Maybe Mose, but then, we've only actually seen him a couple of times. It sounds like they're gonna make it good. I hope so!
That is great news. I had been worrying about how the spin-off was going to work out. Looks like they're at least off to a good start.