The Office What's wrong with The Office?

hiraxm posted on Mar 13, 2009 at 05:42AM
What has happened to the writing, the humor, the characters this season? I hope they get it together , fest.

The Office 32 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک kayzpal said…
What's wrong with it?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک suzzieqws said…
I agree hiraxm. Lately The Office has just been dull, out right crude, and lame. I miss the clever humor as well as the common situation humor. Less and less is common ground for average life which teases the memories in our own lives.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک papa said…
meh
Agreed. I might get flamed for it, but lately I just haven't cared as much about the show. I even stopped putting up quotes on my side project (dunderball.com) early in the season.

There's also been a LOT more embarassing (cringe-worthy) Michael Scott moments this season. There's still some bright spots, but I don't mind as much if I miss an episode and don't get to it until a month later. Used to be that I had to see the new episodes immediately and maybe even get in a second viewing!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک smoore23 said…
Ditto to what papa said.

I miss the show's 'smart' writing of season 1, 2, and 3.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک IndianKelly said…
Has anyone noticed that they've dropped a lot of storylines, too? Why aren't Pam and Jim planning their wedding?
What happened with Angela and Andy and Dwight?
What's going on with Ryan?
Where's Jan and Asterisk?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Prettyinpink789 said…
I completely disagree, i don't think anything is wrong with the office. I think over the last five seasons the show has really grown as have the characters and therefor things have changed, i think for the better but that's just me. To be honest there aren't that many shows that come even close to the hilarity that is the office, some may think the humor isn't the same but it still manages to bring the funny. I trust the writers, and the actors to take this show in the right direction, and i think that every season the show continues to be funny, awkward, and sweet at the same time. But i will agree with IndianKelly and say that i want to see some wedding planning between Jim and Pam.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک pencilcup said…
I agree IndianKelly, where are these storylines?
Particularly Ryan...is he gonna make some kind of surprise return? How? When? And I wan't Jan and Astrid back.

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک hiraxm said…
Being a huge fan, I think I owe it to the show and its viewers to express this concern. I own seasons one, two , three and four and think they are great. I have no interest in re- viewing any of the season 5 episodes. They just aren't as good. It reminds me of what happened to 'Seinfeld' once Larry David left the show. It just became horrible. I'm not sure exactly when , but early seasons on that show were so much better.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک nezenic said…
I agree. Like Hiraxm, I own seasons 1, 2, and 3 (I do not own 4 yet, but I wouldn't mind owning it), but beyond that, the show just isn't as entertaining to me. I do not really watch it for the humor anymore. I just watch it to see what happens next to the characters.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک petunia04 said…
It's like the writers have taken an extended holiday and passed the job on to a bunch of idiots...seriously, what has happened to this once great show? Michael is almost unbearable to watch anymore and the storylines are just as terrible. Where are they going with this season? The season started out good (not great) but is quickly nosediving into stupidity. Sad, very sad. This was my absolute favourite show..not so much anymore.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Office_001 said…
I just miss the cute Pam and Jim flirting in season 2. I watch season 4-5 episodes and it just can't compare to season 2. It has just lost it's flair, The Office used to be my favorite show but now not so much I mean I will watch it and maybe get a laugh or to but it just seems very boring and short
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک wtb2612 said…
What the hell are you talking about? This season has been so much better than last season.
The Super Bowl episode was bad. Really bad. I was distracted by those strange movie clips with Jack Black. They weren't funny. Even if they were, It wasn't The Office & Jack Black Show, Its The Office. They really dropped the ball on that one. They had a great opportunity to show new viewers what makes the Office worth watching and instead , took a break from the show and went for "star-power".I know it wasn't the worst thing , but it seems that "Hollywood" has a way of taking over sometimes. It reminds me of when great shows run out of creativity and originality and start doing dance numbers and spoofs of other shows and movies. I can see it already, an all-musical episode or a fictional-Who Shot Dwight Schrute?
As for me, I have missed the last three weeks of the Office and feel as if I'm not missing much.I hope I'm wrong.
On a high note, Creed is the best. His character is like no TV show character I have ever seen. They could commit a whole episode to a day in his world. He's mysterious and creepy. I would love to see him walk in one day freshly beaten, (possibly for a debt) an sit at his desk as if no explanation were necessary.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک robinsonraj said…

Hi,

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.

robinson

link
smile
Well, I have to admit one thing, I finally saw the last three episode I missed and I think they have been the best of the season.New Boss,Two Weeks, Michael Scott Paper Co.,Have all been pleasant surprises. I liked the new boss and how he picked the worst candidates for the front desk and productive management.I should have known, the minute I became too critical , It would slap me in the face. I hate to be a flip-flopper, but I have to give credit where it is due. I still have to catch up on one more "webisode" .I was glad to see Ryan with his new "I just dont care anymore" attitude.
On the other hand, I still have to say that Angela was in a long and serious relationship with Dwight for some time and was always very good at hiding it . Her strong moral code and rigid personality were hilarious when she was conversing with Dwight at work. Now she is just letting go of that with the new boss? It's not her. I can easily see Meredith competing with Kelly and frankly, being more forward and flirty.(She dropped her top for michael in his office)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک jamfan4 said…
hmmm
going to have to agree with the haters here. michael and dwight are getting overplayed, nothing is happening with jim and pam, and all the adorable awkward moments that made us love the office so much are getting to big to the point where it's not funny. i have to say i LOVE the way they did the finale cliffhanger (my heart exploded), and i hope more things like that will be written into season six.

i did, however, very much enjoy the dynamic between jim and charles.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک illini_1 said…
I though tonight's episode was one of the best of the whole season. I laughed pretty much the whole time!! Can't wait for next season.
I just saw tonights episode and just like I admitted earlier, they have greatly improved. I have to say that maybe a few episodes were not thier best at first , but they clearly got back into the swing of things. I dont know who writes every piece of material, but they sure do need someone for "quality control". I will stand by my first critcism of the "not so good" episodes, however, I hope those are few and far between.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک smoore23 said…
Please don't throw garbage at me, but...

Jam is pregnant?! Yep, the show jumped the shark. Blehhhh. Such a lack of creativity - that was rather predictable.

Although there's a chance that something different will come up during the 6th season.
Well said, smoore. Pregnant?, Wedding ?, Oh man I didn't even notice that. How "stock storyline" is that ? Next we'll be hearing "Michael's in a coma" or " someone could be leaving the Office...for good." Please dont show Jim doing the zany, mad-dash for the hospital bit.
Who is Robinsonraj ?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک davsmith44 said…
It's gotten too broad in the pursuit of ratings. They haven't left any of the characters any dignity, least of all Michael, and frankly the Jim-Pam relationship has gotten so drawn out beyond the cute and awkward courtship/early stages of a relationship that are the most appealing to watch from afar that now I find their parts of current episodes the most grating to watch. They've tried recreating some of that tenderness with other pairings, i.e. Andy and Erin, but there's really no going back.

I've already reset my DVR for "Parks and Recreation" -- yes, I know it's by the same producing team/co-creator (Greg Daniels) but that show really hit its stride this past season and will hopefully hold out for at least another half-season before starting to deteriorate the same way. Viva Ron Swanson.
link
 It's gotten too broad in the pursuit of ratings. They haven't left any of the characters any dignity
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Vixie79 said…
I watch at Parks and Rec, but I've never really given it huge attention, some of it's funny but I still stand by The Office. After the whole Jim and Pam thing had kind of cooled off I'm okay with the show again. I'm not a fan of Jim and Pam, I'm a fan of The Office. Also, frankly I'm getting tired of hearing the bitching about the show. If you don't like the show, don't come on the office spot complaining about it, just stop watching it and tune into Parks and rec or something, it's that easy. I'm still really excited to see what happens with Michael, Dwight and Angela this next season. Do Angela and Dwight get pregnant or did Dwight's plan work on lowering his sperm count and get with Isabel? They even had a cliff hanger at the end of this season to bring back Holly, call me weak, but I can't wait to see her come back. I know alot of people didn't like her, but she's perfect for Michael and I do want to see him happy in the end. I will continue to support the show, sure the show has evolved and the characters along with it, but like what was said before I do trust the writers and I look forward to seeing what crazy antics they have in store for season 7. I really think it's still funny as hell IMO.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک PrisonMike91 said…
I agree with Vixie, except I love JAM.
I just felt that the show needed to be defended. But, you can't please everyone unfortunatley. I am glad I stayed with it. Now that they are opening up the possibility of Holly and Michael and Dwight, Angela and possabily Isabel. I'm interested in it even more. I just felt (at the time) they took what was important to me away just for JAM. It's not the Jim and Pam show, it's The Office. I can admit that Cici is kinda cute though.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک PrisonMike91 said…
I agree, it's The Office, not the Jim and Pam show.

Many people fail to realize that, and they think since their part of the story is basically complete that they should end the series and just abandon the other characters.
Exactly! That's not fair at all.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک amymeymy said…
I know... people think that it's Jam's fault... aw. It's not. They just need the story lines that they had before, that were funny. I mean, Micheal burning his foot had NOTHING to do with Jam, and that's one of my favorite episodes xD
angry
Well, it was JAMS fault that Dwangela had to be finished and I know that's true because the writers said so. I don't understand why they couldn't have kept Dwangela. I was so mad about that. I just don't like JAM, their relationship is boring and Jim and Pam as characters are boring. I can go to the mall and see millions of couples like Jim and Pam and NOT have to pay for cable.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Moonbeam1953 said…
Even though I do like JAM too, I don't understnad why they had to get rid of Dwangela and Holly either. I thought both couples were cute. Holly needs to come back and Dwangela needs to get back together. Those couples were what made the show funny, amoung other things.