The Simpsons: “My Fare Lady” Images & Description
First Blood: The New Season Of Wicked Tuna Begins Tonight
Sleepy Hollow #2.16 “What Lies Beneath” Recap
Power Rangers Dino Charge #1.2 “Past, Present and Fusion” Review
Tonight on Hawaii Five-0: “E ‘Imi pono (Searching for the Truth)”
New Power Rangers This Weekend: “Past, Present and Fusion”
Friday TV Flashback Review: Tru Calling, Episodes 12-13
Hart of Dixie Spoilers: “61 Candles” Preview Images
Preview Images: A Vampire Diaries Funeral In “Let Her Go”
Home / Recaps & Reviews / The Vampire Diaries #6.14 “Stay” Recap
Stephanie Hall in Recaps & Reviews, Vampire Diaries Feb 15, 2015 1 Comment
While Caroline and Stefan prepare the family cabin for her, Sheriff Forbes spends her last day trying to solve the case of Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert’s deaths. Elsewhere, Enzo puts Matt and Sarah in a precarious situation. Here is a recap of the
pilot. Sheriff Forbes dishes out duties then gets a call about a car crash. It’s the Gilberts. Back in the present, Forbes cleans out her office, but stumbles upon an old case file – the Gilbert crash, listed as unsolved. Damon pays Forbes a visit, claiming responsibility for most of her open cases, but not the Gilbert crash, so they investigate together. Why did Miranda leave Forbes an urgent voicemail that day? Why was the trunk full of luggage? Why did they take the bridge when there was another route? And why were there no skid marks?
With Damon having compelled him an art school acceptance and a high school diploma, Jeremy celebrates with Alaric and Matt, who gets called away when Enzo sends Sarah to the Mystic Grill. She’s supposed to be taking pictures for the website. Having super vamp senses helped Elena sniff out the joint Damon stole from Jo’s work stash and gave to Jeremy. The Gilberts smoke it together, trying to be normal for once, including having the French fry munchies. Damon calls Elena and suggests eye drops, a squirt of perfume, and half a pizza before coming to the Sheriff’s Station to help.
Stefan and Caroline bring her mom’s favorite things into the cabin. With his hands full, Stefan’s phone rings, so Caroline awkwardly fishes it out of his front pocket and answers it to hear her mom on the other end just checking in. Caroline later freaks out about which book to pick for her mom’s last literary experience, but Stefan reminds her that it’s all of the days that lead up to your last one that matter more. Standing on the porch, they share a kiss.
Now threatening Jeremy, Enzo forces Matt to take Sarah into a tunnel, where Enzo hits Matt with a car, then pretends to be a witness. Enzo tells Sarah not to freak out and feeds a dying Matt his blood. Jeremy informs Elena that their mom’s call to the sheriff was after she caught him smoking and wanted to teach him a lesson. It was nothing serious; Miranda and Jenna were giggly about it. He adds that their dad’s trip to the cabin got rained out by the same storm that broke a power line over the alternate route and dampened the road to prevent skid marks from appearing. Case closed.
Alaric drops Jeremy off at the “airport,” aka a bus stop taking him to where Alaric thinks there’s rogue vampires. Knowing his true purpose in life, Jeremy packed his hunting gear, not his art supplies. They agree to keep this from Elena.
Damon tucks Forbes into bed, and she revels in how ordinary her death will be. Damon agrees to write her eulogy, making up for him volunteering to write his mom’s but not attending her funeral. Before Damon returns with a drink, Forbes falls unconscious. Sitting on her mom’s hospital bed, Caroline learns from Stefan how to live in someone else’s memories. She recalls learning to ride a bike with no training wheels. She didn’t think she was ready to go on her own, but her mom knew she was. Forbes flatlines.
- More aptly named “Leave,” “Stay” was a simple, character based, and emotional episode of
that was one of the better ones in a while. It (with the exception of Enzo’s story) favored heartfelt moments over shocking ones and reminded the audience just how wonderfully enjoyable and devastating this series can be.
- Damon putting Jeremy’s graduation cap on his head was a brief, light, and humorous exchange between these two characters who have so much bad history together.
- The timeline of Jeremy “joining art school” is not making sense. Is their timeline a month or two behind ours, and he would be joining the school at the start of the spring semester? Or do art schools operate on a different academic schedule than high schools?
- Alaric’s explanation to Jeremy that he’s an adult and he supports Jeremy’s need to follow the purpose he’s found was a well-done expositional scene. From the beginning we knew something was off since they were in the middle of nowhere so we were already interested in gaining the truth, and the details slowly spilled out right when they needed to.
- When Elena mentioned all of the nurturing that Forbes did for her and Jeremy once their parents died, I couldn’t help but wonder if this was an easy way to make their relationship more powerful in that moment, or if this was always intended as a backstory that we never saw on screen. Either way, it was a nice moment.
- The scene with Stefan and Caroline on the front porch was one of the most beautifully lit scenes I have ever seen. While the details of their faces were obscured by the setting sun shining in between them, the bright coloring and the music were perfect for their interactions.
- If Candice Accola hadn’t made TV Line’s Performer of the Week list three weeks ago, I would be upset that she didn’t make it this week. Stellar work.
- Sheriff Forbes choosing to spend her time at work was such a sad idea given how dedicated Caroline was to making her comfortable once she came home.
- At least Enzo’s craziness had a moment shocking enough this week to keep the audience’s attention because his motivations are still muddled and Matt’s interactions with Sarah are far more fun to watch without Enzo lurking around.
- It’s interesting that this series can switch from a heavily supernatural episode like last week’s to one with barely a hint of supernatural activity this week, and it still feels like the same series.
- There were a few unexpected mentions of Mrs. Salvatore in “Stay,” so here’s hoping that we’re given the chance to learn more about her relationship with Stefan and Damon.
- This episode made me want to go back and rewatch the series ... for a variety of reasons.
Principal: What’s the excuse for the next three years of woeful attendance?
Damon: Extracurricular activities. Health and fitness. That sort of thing. I mean, didn’t you see how scrawny he used to be?
Elena: ... I just decided that me smoking a joint with my little brother might be the most normal thing that we’ve done together in years.
- After Damon finds a half-empty bottle of bourbon in Sheriff Forbes’ desk ...
Forbes: No, I’m a terrible sheriff because one of my best friends is the perp in half my open cases.
Forbes: I do not have the energy to tell you how deeply that disturbs me.
Jeremy left Stay Stay recap Vampire Diaries Vampire Diaries recap who died on the Vampire Diaries 2015-02-15
Tagged with: Jeremy left Stay Stay recap Vampire Diaries Vampire Diaries recap who died on the Vampire Diaries
Previous: CSI: The Final Episodes Of Season 15 Air Tonight On CBS
Next: The Simpsons: “My Fare Lady” Images & Description
Timeline - TVD is often behind us in time passed. But, I don\'t know what month this ep was supposed to be in. They might\'ve been pushing Jeremy out of town right now so he\'d have time to get established before summer session. Also a lot of colleges run on quarterly terms or those divided in thirds now, not just semesters. I had a friend at a school with a new class every 8 weeks, for instance.
Sunset light is awesome for photography, IMO. Very flattering.
Stephanie Hall, born and raised in Texas, is an MFA student in writing and producing for TV at Loyola Marymount University and has a BA in multimedia development, English, and journalism from Duquesne University. A huge fan of television, her favorite shows include Castle, Chuck, Dexter, and Fringe. Follow her on twitter @_stephaniehall.
Upcoming Arrow Action Figures To Include Diggle, Arsenal & Felicity
Arrow #3.13: “Canaries” Recap & Review
John Diggle Is Not Green Lantern John Stewart
Arrow: “The Return” Preview Trailer & Official Images
The Flash #1.13 “The Nuclear Man” Recap & Review
The Flash: “The Nuclear Man” Ratings Report
Flash: Preview & Images For Next Week’s Episode “Fallout”
Flash: “The Nuclear Man” Preview Clip
Gotham: Preview & Two Clips From “The Scarecrow”
Gotham Episode 16 Photos: “The Blind Fortune Teller”
Spoilers: “Aftershocks” Airs March 3, Adrianne Palicki Now Series Regular
Spoiler: Jaimie Alexander’s Lady Sif To Return In The March 10 Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruits The Tomorrow People’s Luke Mitchell