Twilight Series Twilight Movie and the casting of the characters...

sunnyluvsmonkie posted on Jul 17, 2007 at 04:45AM
Ok, so we all know that Twilight has been optioned for a movie. (YESSSS!!!)but we are all very concerned about the casting of the characters, of course.

Edward:
On her website, Stephenie Meyer has already posted that Henry Cavill will NOT be able to play the part of Edward Cullen. I think that this is just as well since He looks WAYY too old and he kind of freaks me out. (He COULD be a Dracula though.) Remember, Edward was changed when he was seventeen. The french actor Gaspard Ullieil or Kevin Flamme would be much more realistic. (Of course this is all my opinion, please ponder my reasoning and feel free to comment.)Yes, we all do need an Edward <--THE MODEL BOYFRIEND EVER!!!!!!!!!

Alice:
Of course, we all love Alice, the bright, intelligent, optimistic, pixielike sister of Edward. Rachel Leigh Cook pretty much fufills the standards of Alice. (She played Josie in the movie Josie and the Pussycats.) I've always loved her. heheheheh....

Bella:
Ahh, Bella the main character and the center of Edward's world (so jealous lol)is also an important character that HAS to be casted correctly. Stephenie Meyer says that Her fave choices for Bella are Danielle Panabaker and Emily Browning. I suppose that both could do an excellent job, only i'm not too much of a fan of Danielle. Do you think she exactly matches the description of Bella? (remember, average-looking) I think that she doesn't look innocent enough, and i think i would prefer Emily. I may have never heard of her, but she sounds promising.

Jacob:
Jacob Black rocks dude!! Ok so he is part of a native american tribe living on the Quielute Reservation. (or something like that, can't spell it. So I think that guy from Sky High that could blast fireballs at people is perfect don't you think? ahhh....poor Jacob, WHAT will Bella do, I tell you? what?

Jasper and Carlisle:
Hmm....you know what's funny? I always pictured that Jasper could be Carlisle (their looks, I mean) except Carlisle would be a bit older looking. I agree with Stephenie Meyer's choice of Charlie Hunnam as Carlisle and Calum Best as Jasper. I like both of them, pretty darn similiar personalities.

Emmett:
Yay!! Big Emmett!! As long as he looks really, really, busty, I'm fine with whatever, but he IS rather difficult since he has to look both busty and beautiful and move gracefully.

Rosalie:
Beautiful and blonde is all there is to it. I love how she has a short temper. lol.

Renee and Esme:
I always thought they could be very good friends and they could look similiar,too.

Victoria:
Redheaded, catlike and fierce, hey I bet Danielle Panabaker could pull it off if she was older. OHHHH!! I just thought of one!! She was in Charmed: Rose McGowan!!

So, please feel free to comment my opinions of the casting of the TWilight movie!! (OMG I hope the do NOT mess up Twilight like they did with Eragon. I read that book and I loved it. I was enraged when I saw the movie, they completely messed it up. If they screw up Twilight, I will personally hunt down the movie producer and kick him in the balls. Buy, yeah, the book IS wuite complex.
Oh, yes, and thank you SO MUCH Mrs. Meyer for sharing your remarkable little world with all of us. Hard to imagine a world without Edward now.

:)

Twilight Series 24 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک XpsychotickissX said…
well i think its a little early to be thinking of the cast since there arent really anything about the movie yet, it hasnt even shown up on imdb.com

but for edward garrett hedlund, gaspard ulliel, or maybe emile hirsch(sp?) would be good

i sooooooooooooooo dont think danielle panabaker should be bella, maybe emily browning but i dont know

i like the suggestion of teh sky high guy for jacob

rose mcgowan as victoria? possibley

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک CharmedAngel88 said…
I agree, it is a bit early to be thinking of casting for the movie. But it's fun to think about it.

I really don't know who should play Edward. He just seems so perfect that it is difficult for me to think of an actor who could pull it off. But I don't mind the possibilities that have been brought up.

I also think that Rachel Leigh Cook would be wonderful as Alice. She just seems to fit in perfectly with the character.

Bella is a very difficult one for me to figure out. I don't know if it's just me but I think that a newer actress or someone who isn't very well known should play the part. I do not like Danielle Panabaker as Bella, it just doesn't seem right in my head when I think about it. But I am also not that wild about Emily Browning. Maybe it's just because I've seen her in "A Series of Unfortunate Events" and just think that she seems a bit too gracefull to be Bella, and she wasn't really what I had in mind in the first place.

Your suggestion for Jacob was good. I like that one.

Rose McGowan as Victoria? I like that. When I read that I really thought that could work out quite well.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک tubachick said…
I agree that Danielle Panabaker SHOULD NOT be Bella... Emily Browning might be good, I think they should go with someone who hasn't done a lot of big movies in the past. It's nice to see fresh faces on the screen...

For Edward, I really don't think there is anyone who could live up to my expectations... So I am preparing myself to be let down with whoever is chosen... But I think the best choice so far would be Gaspard Ulliel.

I do like the idea of that guy from Sky High for Jacob (Does anyone actually know that guy's name? Teehee!)

And Rachel Leigh Cook would be perfect as Alice!! She has just the right kind of personality/looks for the character!

Rose McGowan as Victoria would be good... And John C. Reilly as Charlie would be my vote... I think Billy should be played by Graham Greene.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک neeki said…
I too think that an unknown actress would be good. I think a well known face as Bella would ruin it for me.

I like Gaspard Ulliel for Edward but it might be hard for him to do an American accent because he is French?! Perhaps they will find an unknown hottie for him!

The guy from Sky High is Steven Strait lol he is exactly how i pictured Jacob but is probably a bit too old. The actor Stephenie suggests on her website Tyler Posey (i think that's his name) looks like he could be Jacob in a couple of years.

Rose McGowan as Victoria would be perfect. She's how i imagined Victoria.

Rachel Leigh Cook would be awesome as Alice..she has that Pixish look about her.

I hope they cast some hotties as Emmett and Jasper! :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک hush_hush said…
i dunno, for some strange reason i want to see Criss Angel play Edward just because of the mind reading thing....they both can do it...haha just an opinion
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک iluvjesse said…
I totally think that Emily girl to be Bella. She was Violet in the Series of Unfortunate Events Movie -- which was awful, but not because of her acting or anything. She was great. I am undecided on everyone else except for Alice and Carlise. I am convinced that Jesse Spencer would make the best Carlise in the world if he can just train himself to use his accent when he needs it and not use it when he does, like Hugh Laurie. I also agree on Rachel Leigh Cook as Alice.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Superman373 said…
I really think That Tom welling would be a great choice for Emmett hes very busty and hes beautiful as well, and if not him maybe the dude that played Iron Man in one of the X-men movies, I think it was the second but I'm not sure, but its just a thought, but the rest of the cast as posted are what I would choose except for Carlisle, I think the british doctor from House, Jesse Spencer would be a good choice. as for bella I think emily would be the best, Shes got the whole innocent thing going on, and I dont see bella as a light haired person, ya know. Also steven strait would be cool for jacob as well as the other dude from one episode of Smallville, ya know the one with the Kawachi cave deal, and the Kryptonian Knife, yeah THAT! DUDE!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک sweetmonkeytoes said…
So if you go look on Twilight Lexicon they said that Catherine Hardwicke will NOT be open casting and she's doing it through the screen Actor's guild. I'm disappointed personally. I was really hoping for an unknown to at least play Bella but nope. I just hope they pick the right one!!! I'm sure it will be fine... Bella and Edward is the most important for me (as I'm sure it is for everyone). If they screw that up then it will be much harder for me to get past that and enjoy the movie. So cross your fingers!! XX
Are you serious sweetmonkeytoes? They're not doing open casting? Well, that shot the idea of a true unknown playing the part of Bella. Maybe a lesser known actress could get it? I don't know... Probably because I don't know that much about the Screen Actor's Guild... I really do hope that they get Bella and Edward right. I would have a very hard time enjoying the movie if they didn't seem right. That and I'm really hoping that the writing is good; if the script isn't good then I'm going to be disappointed in the movie.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک XpsychotickissX said…
i really hope they dont mess this book up liek tehy did with harry potter eragon & series of unfortunate events
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک luvrofedward said…
edward: Gaspard Ulliel would be PERFECT! only one girl's opinion

bella: they've already casted her. Kristen Stewart

jacob: a good option would be Tyler Posey, but he looks a little too gentle and small while i imagined jacob to be huge and kind of obnoxious

jasper: i have no idea just has to be somebody HOT and mysterious looking.......

carlisle: Charlie Hunnam...he looks young-but-not-too-young

emmett: Ed Speelers might be good. hes kind of a burly guy. i dont know......

esme: maybe olivia wilde....idk.....josie bissett as well....

im not sure with most of the others.....
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک martinez_is90 said…
ELLA WILL BE KRISTEN STEWART
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک silentfey said…
I've heard that Victoria will not be included in the film...is this true?
I don't know if that is true or not. I think I had read something that was supposed to describe the movie and it mentioned Laurent and James, but I never read mention of Victoria. It was rather odd, I hope they have her in there. I mean she's important later on in the series so they should have her in the movie... I don't know...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Heidi42 said…
Well now that they picked who Edward will be im not to excited about him... i really dont think he will be the best choice...i still wish gaspard would have gotten the part but oh well i guess im just going to have to get over it...
On a different topic i think Steven Strait is the PERFECT choice for jacob... when i read about him in the book thats how i pictured him
Bella i think that i can deal with who they picked i was hoping on emily browning but Kristen Stewart is an ok choice...as for all the other characters im not sure how there gunna do picking them out i guess ill just have to wait and see
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Thirsty4more said…
Well i dont think is a good idea to put KS as bella but the most terrifying tought is that they put Robbert pattison as ewdard cause i always tought of ewdard as the handsome dark mysteriouse guy and that guy is probably not going to pull it off!!!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک luvrofedward said…
i was pretty disappointed in the casting choices, but whats done is done. kristen stewart is a very talented actress, and i think that she will play the part of bella very well. robert pattinson.......he definatlely has potential....he does have a sexy-ish look to him, but i dont know anything about his acting. i did see the harry potter 4, but he didnt have that big of a part. but with the theater makeup and crap these days, you never know what could happen.
as to the casting of victoria, i have no idea. i would be EXTREMELY dissapointed if victoria wasnt mentioned, because as charmedangel88 said, she plays a real important part in the eclipse book, if they make it into the movie.
i really hope that they start getting those other actors and actresses out there! cuz im getting real anxious lol.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک artemisa22 said…
There is a cast on imdb !!! You have to see they already cast Bella and Edward !!!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک IsabellaSwan said…
they already have edward and bella picked.
im glad they chose kristen stewart instead of danielle panabaker.
she does not suit the part.
awww but they should have chosen gaspard for edward.
he looks young, and since he's oldER his features wont change very much, and edward is supposed to be forver beautiful, forever young.
and yes, if they screw it up i will also take the privilege of hunting them down..
but i think ill go something abit more than kicking them in the balls.
Well, I'm still trying to see Kristen Stewart as Bella. It's diifficult for me since she isn't very close to what I had in mind. But I think she will do a fine job, she's talented and will probably be able to pull it off. As for Robert, I'm thrilled. I think he will do a great job as Edward.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ANNiE_aKa_BeLLa said…
Hello ...well i have to say that at first i was absolutly infuriated by their choice of both Kristen & Robert ...but then i saw the picture of them... the official picture & said "wow, they might pull this off nicely!" if you haven't seen the picture it is my main 1..!!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک iloveedward said…
I LOVE EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!! I want to play Victoria in the movies!!! that would rock!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک keroguardian said…
The Full Cast:

Kristen Stewart: Bella Swan
Robert Pattinson: Edward Cullen
Taylor Lautner: Jacob Black
Billy Burke: Charlie Swan
Peter Facinelli: Dr. Carlisle Cullen
Elizabeth Reaser: Esme Cullen
Nikki Reed: Rosalie Hale
Ashley Greene: Alice Cullen
Jackson Rathbone: Jasper Hale
Kellan Lutz: Emmett Cullen
Cam Gigandet: James
Edi Gathegi: Laurent
Rachelle Lefevre: Victoria
Anna Kendrick: Jessica Stanley
Christian Serratos: Angela Weber
Michael Welch: Mike Newton
Sarah Clarke: Renee
Justin Chon: Eric Yorkie
Gil Birmingham: Billy Black
Matt Bushell: Phil
Solomon Trimble: Sam Uley
José Zúñiga: Mr. Molina
Ned Bellamy: Waylon Forge
Gregory Tyree Boyce: Tyler

(I think they did rather well on the casting, though. I recently realized that Robert Pattinson plays Cedric Diggory in 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire' and Kristin Stewart plays Jessica in 'The Messengers'.)
Enjoy! :D
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک wild-child11 said…
robert pattinson is fit but not fit enough 2 play edward!
i like the castin 4 jake. Taylor Lautner is HOT!