Video Games PAX '09 anyone?

knifewrench posted on Sep 11, 2008 at 06:46AM
I know this seems really absurd and impossible, but how about us Fanpoppers going to PAX 2009!

PAX (Penny Arcade eXpo) is one of - if not THE - biggest gaming event of the year. You get to play all the newest demos shown at E3 and ComicCon, rooms where you can bring in your own consoles and play with a group of friends on it. There's even a swarm of beanbags for you hand-held gamers (according to Tobin, they get VERY sweaty). Here's NoobToob's account of this year's PAX (which was a few weeks ago) link

The whole thing takes place in Seattle, which causes a problem for British gamers like me, Joe and Benji; and Australian gamers like Snerkie. PkmnTrainerJ (Joe) has shown interest in going when I brought it up in conversation.

I know this may seem a little early to be planning all this, but we have a lot to organize. Plane tickets to book, Hotels to reserve, Taxis services to call, bags to pack, gaming kit to pack, parents to convince (for some of us) and we need to arrange a meet-up point for Fanpoppers.

I think this could be a really great community thing if we pull this off.
last edited on Sep 11, 2008 at 06:48AM

Video Games 5 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک God1 said…
I'm only 13 but I want to go. The games look great and I watch it on X-Play but never will get there until I'm older(I can dream).
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک BlueBadger said…
Same here, except I'm 14. I always get pumped when watching the E3 conferences on G4tv, so I think it would be very nice to go to PAX, as well. Especially being there when all the major game publishers and developers start showing off their newest stuff.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک PkmnTrainerJ said…
Yeah, when the date is announced I'll book it off.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک knifewrench said…
The official site is here: link

It's 4th-6th of September

3 day pass is $50 (last time I checked the exchange rate, that was £25)

The airport to fly to is Seattle-Tacoma International Airport

Hotel info is coming soon

Word is that tickets are gonna sell out REAL fast.

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک DoctorSpud said…
Yeah, I'm only 120 but I want to go...