Advice Friend problem

similzy posted on Oct 06, 2008 at 01:43PM
i haven`t spoken to my best friend for 2 years.We`ve known each other since 1st grade and and we easily became best friends.For the next 8 years we rarely fought about anything.Bt then we went to high school and had a fight but it wasn`t anything serious-at least that`s what i thought so.The next day i came to school and she acted like i didn`t exist.so i got angry i did too.after some time i apologized to her but she didn`t say anything.she didn`t even want to look me in the eyes.Even my friends tried to talk to her and tell her to forgive me.Soon everyone just gave up.And the worst thing is we`re in the same class and we have the same friends and go out together.And when I am near her, she always goes as far as possible which makes me angry.I tried to deal with this but i just can`t.I only feel good when she`s not around.And also sometimes i hate her and sometimes i don`t.What should i do? I hope i didn`t bother you too much.

Advice 9 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک nerysflynn said…
if i were you i'd confront your friend and try to make her tell you exactly whats making her act out this way... do any of your other friends know something? ask them too

if you think its a friendship worth saving then fight for it.. if not or if your friend still doesnt want to know maybe its time to move on

i know it hurts as i once had a fantastic friend who suddenly abandoned me but time is a healer

i wish you the very best of luck =)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک germany123 said…
i understand how this is a difficult situation since you have to see each other all the time.
if i were in your situation id try to just leave it though. you have done all you can apologized,talked,asked etc.

time to move on and spend time with people who dont ignore you!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک nataliejade said…
I agree with the above.

Maybe something more upsetting has happened and she just needs to talk to someone. People always push away the closest to them.
Just keep trying to get through to her, If she still doesn't come around just leave her to come back to you. She might just need time or something..

You've done nothing wrong now so don't blame yourself :]
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک xrockstarx said…
It seems like you've tried everything you can, maybe you need to ask yourself if you want someone who treats you like that to be your friend again? As sad as it is, people change.

But maybe some event has happened to her that you're unaware of, which has affected her and if it has, just leave it and wait for her to come to you about it.

Try not to beat yourself up about it, its not your fault.
So basically what everyone else has said. :)

PS Something similar happened to me a while back, where my best friend of 4 years just changed and ditched me, virtually overnight. It was awful, I was gutted and I took it so personally. But now I look back on it and the way I see it is that I now have 3 new best friends who are so great and because of that, I'm glad I'm not friends with her anymore.

I hope this helps <3
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک SynsAngel said…
I was in the same situation as you some years back. To this day i don't know why she acted like she did and she has even admitted that she has no clue what I had meant to have done to her.

Anyway after about three years we became friends again but we were never as close as we were, and the friendship slowly died for good.

I was 18 the last I saw her and i'll be 23 in two weeks.
Sometime friendships die, I doubt that you did anything wrong it's just how things go sometimes. It's sad but sometimes the best thing we can do with a frienship is let it go. If she wants to be friends again she'll let you know but regardless of what she does you have friends who do care and arnt treating you badly be thankfull you have them around.

xxxxxxx
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Alx_master said…
angelic
Ask her why is she avoiding U?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک dxcgirl4ever999 said…
i know how u feel my 2 friend where in my kndergreden class and also happen to live behind me and we would go out sideand clim the fence not over fence but u know to takl to each other and rhight infront of me they would inviet eche to ech other house and one time wehrer call this friend friend b ok so friend b went over to friendsa house and when i came out side they hid from me and and where poking threr heads out like in cartoons from the glass door thta was open
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک dreamon727 said…
That's cute....
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Pace2Paicegurl said…
smile
Hmmm...it depends how serious the argument was and what it was about...
For example, if you murdered her pet snail (IKR :-P) then she probably would be very annoyed and upset.
However, it was something silly like you having an argument over your favourite band then...well...
Whatever if was that happened, I'm sure it wasnt really your fault. Every one, even the best of friends, will argue at some time-, me and my best friend argue all the time.
I think you shouldn't seem too desperate to be back with her again. She's obviously trying to make you feel bad. Don't make it akward-it doesn't need to be. Just carry on laughing and joking and chatting to the other friends in the group. Your friend will soon feel soon want to be your friend again-after all, you were friends the first time so quickly, right? She'll be remained of the reason you two became friends in the first place and may even want to join in on the conversation.
If not, give it some more time.
If all else fails, speak to her, and explain how you feel in a clam, friendly manner. Then make a joke. Make her feel comfortable. If she is a true friend, she will forgive and forget. If not, then, maybe you're just growing apart...don't beat yourself up about it, friends grow apart over the years and it is just as much fault hers as it is yours. Stay within the group of friends or branch out and make some more.
I hope this helps. Don't forgot to let me know how it went! X