Advice Unsure...

Yuki-Hyouzan posted on Jul 18, 2010 at 05:24AM
My parents are fighting because of something that happened long ago.Now my dad is bringing it up again,he's drinking,smoking,and is immature.I'm worried what he's going to do to my mother,brother,and sister.My family says I can't do anything and I feel useless.Please help me on what I can do to protect my family.And I'm not sure how to talk to my dad.I'm so frustrated at him I can't even talk to him.Please help me.

Advice 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک XDRoseLuvsHP said…
This must be really hard for you. But remember this: you are never alone, and there is always a solution for you. If worst comes to absolute worst, and he starts mistreating you and/or your family, you need to tell someone. But for now, let's try to stay positive about this.

Don't talk to your dad alone, because that can be really nerve wracking and may make you unable to think clearly, and if he's acting like this then you may need to be with someone for safety reasons. Just be gentle if you can, and listen to him. He may just need to rant for a while, and then that may make it easier for him to come up with a solution once he's steamed out a bit. But if it doesn't help, then he may need some professional help. You can call someone who knows what to do. That is probably what is needed: professional help. He needs to talk to someone, like a therapist. That may help with a lot of things.

I wish you the best of luck on this.