Arthur and Gwen Re - Watching Merlin 2 x 09

sportyshuie posted on Aug 09, 2013 at 05:47PM
Welcome back to our Merlin re-watch. We have all had the opportunity to re-watch series 1 with a whole new perspective. We saw how the characters were at the beginning and the journeys they all faced in series 1. Now it is time to continue our journey and re-watch series 2 and see how our perspectives might change seeing as we know how the story ends. (Thanks to the folks over at tvdotcom for ideas we've borrowed from them.)

Moderators for Season 2:
Ellarose88
HumbleQueen
Sportyshuie

[others...]

Rules are as follows:

I. We are getting started with 2x01 on Saturday, June 15, 2013 and a new forum will be opened every following Saturday. Moderators will post following the order in the list above to open threads and we’ll be watching the episodes in sequence. We will then be watching the last episode of Season 2 (2x13) on the week beginning September 7th.

II. Every moderator opening a re-watching thread should copy and paste the information in this entry (Introduction, List of moderators and Rules) at the top. That way, keeping track of the turns and our progress will be easier and also having the rules at hand will be useful for those who may have decided to join us part way through.

III. Everyone opening a re-watching thread is responsible for reminding the next person in the list to do the same the following Saturday (sending a pm on Friday should do it).

IV. Anyone not being able to open a thread on a particular Saturday can swap turns with the next person in the list (or anyone else) as long as they keep track of their respective turns.

V. People taking part can jump in with comments, but just because you watch and comment on a particular episode does not mean it’s compulsory to watch every single episode to be a part of this re-watching.

VI. Anyone is most welcome to join at any time. Also, new moderators will be added to the list when we get them.

VII. If you don’t have dvd’s or subscribe to Netflix or Amazon Prime, the first four seasons are available free (with ads) on hulu: link

Also famfan suggested www.cokeandpopcorn.eu/watch-merllin­-oooo­­o­­o­­­n­­­­­­­­­­­l­­­­­­­in­­­­­­­­­­­e­­­­.­­­­­­­­­p­­­­­­­­h­­­­p

VIII. Constructive criticism of characters/actors is always in order, but please no bashing.

IX. Let’s have fun down memory lane. Be inspired to do fanfics, fanvids, and fanart.

X. Each week the moderator will post questions/headings and suggestions for people to discuss about the episode, the plot, the characters and relationships. Don't feel pressured to answer every question/headings, answer the questions you want. Feel free to add anything about the episode, even if it isn't mentioned. It's more than welcomed!

Now let's continue our re-watch of Series 2 with The Lady Of The Lake ....
 Welcome back to our Merlin re-watch. We have all had the opportunity to re-watch series 1 with a whol
last edited on Aug 09, 2013 at 05:55PM

Arthur and Gwen 2 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک sportyshuie said…
smile
All right ... First and Foremost I would like to apologise for my absence because I am really busy with my work right now and that is why I almost forgot my schedule to post this forum ... Thank god I decided to pop in and check ..

Second, this is my favorite episode because Merlin finally gets a love interest ... and Freya is such an angel. I just love both Merlin and Freya together though the ending was sad, :(

Here are the questions/headings and suggestions for discussions:

+ Best moment(s):
+ Worst moment(s):
+ Favourite quote(s):
+ Your thoughts on the villain of the week:
+ Best character development:
+ Best duo development:
+ Your thoughts on the plot progression and conclusion:
+ Anything else:

Things you may want to discuss ..

1. Plot holes, any?

2. Discuss Freya and Merlin's relationship .. Was Merlin doing the right thing?

3. Did you think what Uther did was right? Asking those with powers and magic to be hunted down and slain like animals?

4. Discuss Merlin and Arthur's relationship in this episode? Was Arthur a little to harsh on Merlin?And what do you think of the end scene between those two?

5. We all know that Nimueh is the lady of the lake in the legends but did it make sense to make Freya as the lady of the lake in this series? Give your thoughts?

6. What do you think of the ending sad scene between Merlin and Freya?

Have a good viewing everyone ...
MISAforever commented…
I miss you!! I hope آپ will soon get some time off and relax more!! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک MISAforever said…
heart
+ Best moment(s):
I loved scenes between Merlin and Freya. They were so cute! Merlin finally found someone who understood him. I think he loved that the most about her, the fact they had so much in common.

+ Worst moment(s):
I hated that she died so early. And I didn't really like that whole curse and her turining into a beast. It was interesting to see Merlin in love and I liked Freya, so I would have perfered that she stayed longer. And with some bigger role.

+ Favourite quote(s):
Arthur: Merlin is my servant. He has my absolute trust. If you have a problem with him, you come to me. Do you understand?

Merlin: I like you. With you, I can just be who I am. We don't have to hide anything. We don't have to worry.

Merlin: You really don't realise how special you are, do you?
Freya: You're not scared of me?
Merlin: Being different is nothing to be scared of.

+Your thoughts on the villain of the week:
Villian? I don't think we had villian in this one.

+ Best character development:
Merlin. This was a different side of him. The one we haven't seen before and the one we won't really see again. And I loved it. He was a young man and it was the most normal thing for him to be, well into girls. I missed that about him. He was so sweet and chraming. Even though, it didn't make much sense that he would just leave Arthur like that.

+ Best duo development:
Merlin and Freya. As I already said, I liked them together. They were perfect for each other, mind the curse. They understood each other like no one else could. Merlin really needed someone like that in his life.

+ Your thoughts on the plot progression and conclusion:
I wished that Freya wasn't cursed like that. Or that they figured something about that. Otherwise it was a great episode. And the end was heartbreaking.

1. Plot holes, any?
--Well, maybe what I already said, that it didn't make sense how Merlin would live with Freya. His destiny with Arthur was all that he cared about. Until her met Freya. And no matter how much he liked her, or even loved her ( I believe there hasn't been enough time for that though), he wouldn't just give up on Arthur and leave him.

2. Discuss Freya and Merlin's relationship .. Was Merlin doing the right thing?
--He imagined himself in that situation and he probably wished someone would be there to help him. So he helped her. I think he did the right thing. He couldn't have known about her. He just didn't want to see her die. He also couldn't have known he would like her so much. It was a complicate situation. He only tried to do what he thought was right and he maybe forgot what really mattered to him.

3. Did you think what Uther did was right? Asking those with powers and magic to be hunted down and slain like animals?
--Hmm. I don't want to say yes, because I do not approve his actions. However, I do understand them. He saw innocent people die and he was their king and it was his responisbilty to stop that. He had to do whatever was necessary to stop that. He blamed magic and the easiest way to stop it was to kill those who had it. He feared it and he was desperate.

4. Discuss Merlin and Arthur's relationship in this episode? Was Arthur a little to harsh on Merlin?And what do you think of the end scene between those two?
Arthur was usually a little to harsh on Merlin. This time was no exception. He was just being himself. His young himself. There was a lot of banter between them and I like it. He may have been too harsh but he also saw when Merlin was troubled. He was also there when Halig cought Merlin and he got him out of the trouble. So even though he may have acted like an idiot, he made amends. The end scene was great! The truth didn't come out, but they fixed the situation on their own way.

5. We all know that Nimueh is the lady of the lake in the legends but did it make sense to make Freya as the lady of the lake in this series? Give your thoughts?
I never though of Nimueh as the lady of the lake. She was always one of the villians, and the Lady of the lake was somone good. So to me, Freya was always that person. That was proved later..

6. What do you think of the ending sad scene between Merlin and Freya?
Heartbreaking! It was so sad to see Merlin lose yet another person he cared about. And to see him cry always makes me weep. Colin was brilliant!