Canada Don't آپ hate...

axlluver43 posted on Sep 07, 2008 at 02:57AM
When Americans are against us for nothing? Example:

A bunch of kids at my school in Nashville when I first moved here made fun of me because the way I talked. I was in first grade at the time

In seventh grade the same kids were saying how stupid we are and how we're bad people because we club baby seals. I'm against that too! Also, they continued to laugh at the way I talked.

I'm a senior in college now and not much has changed. I'm thinking about moving back to Canada once I graduate, or I should go to college there...

Canada 9 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ShadowFlame said…
Never had that happen to me, probably because I can't relate! I stay here, in my igloo in Canada :)
AgentBobcat18 commented…
Lol. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Subsidl said…
I know what you mean. I have to struggle with prejudices myself. It sucks so much! Especially because most/all of them are just so ridiculous!

It's annoyingly but I try my best to make it a good laugh. I mean, if they have nothing better to do than laugh at the way you're talking, please, how stupid is that?? This shows me that they can't be very smart, or creative or busy with important stuff. So not the kind of person anyone should listen to. (I know most do though)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Quartzquartz said…
yesh, it must be horrible to be like that (the making fun of) but then lets look at every other thing Americans do wrong!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک green79 said…
surprise
wow that must be horrible...we don't even barely talk differently from them! hopefully they stop

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ziggyzag12 said…
That's terrible! Well, we can think of how errible America is all the time. It makes me feel better.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک CSIAly said…
heart
Like ShadowFlame I have yet to be the victim of prejudice but I always found the idea of stereotypical Americans making fun of Canadians really ridiculous. I mean we have the right idea, if I do say so myself.

Coloured money = way easier to tell the denominations

Winter weather = a total pain but easy to poke fun at

Tim Horton's = needs no explanation

And we have way fewer accents then Americans do so I never really caught on to that. Nevertheless, I hope it gets easier for you and I don't think you should move back because of the prejudices others have.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Greek_girl said…
angry
ARGH! I wish I could punch those kids in the face. We Canadians don't talk funny! SSometimes I hate it when Americans say stuff like that. Like they know what it's like to live in Canada. I love Canada so much. Anyway, don't Americans have more accents than us? I mean, with the southern accents, and such?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Canada24 said…
When I visited Nova Scotia, Thry claimed my deep voice was because I was from Ottawa.. Rather ignorant it seemed, my deep voice, if anything is caused by my mental illnesses or whatever
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک AgentBobcat18 said…
Don't let them bother you. Let them think what they want, because, let's face it, Americans don't know much about the world outside of their country, and I'd know, there is an American kid in my class. Next time they make fun of you just threaten to set your pet moose or polar bear on them or something, I'll bet they'll believe it.