Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 جوابات

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1701-1750 of 54807

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک venvargie said…
xD I was all like, "No. Stop. Stop with your trying to make it sound more interesting and deep shit. Being a good author. You're doing it wrong."
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک souflizzle317 said…
^^ and she also says something like "he could've been kissing her" when edward decapitated victoria. that's almost as bad as the dance metaphor, if not worse in my opinion...
meh
He could've been kissing her?

WTF
yeah, exactly. the exact quote is: "Edward's mouth brushed once across her neck, like a caress. The squealing clamor coming from Seth's efforts covered every other noise, so there was no discernible sound to make the image one of violence. He could have been kissing her."

Of course there was no noise to "make the image one of violence", Smeyer is too wimpy to write action scenes. And the whole kiss/decapitate thing is rather creepy, in my opinion...
worried
Seriously, what the fuck?

That's just wrong...

Could she GET any creepier...?
She probably could, if you think about it. That's the scary part.

2251. Today, I found out that the first part of Breaking Dawn (or the whole thing, it's not official if it's gonna be two movies yet :P ) is coming out on my 16th birthday. This ruined my day. No joke, I flipped out about it to my friend for about half an hour and I wanted to change my birthday. On the other hand, Goblet of Fire coming out on my 10th birthday was the best birthday present ever. (My birthday's in one of the most popular movie months, November) I know this is personal, but still.
That is scary. O.O

And I'm happy to say my birthday is the day after Harry Potter's. I was born 45 minutes after midnight. So close... xD

Sorry that Twishit ruined yours though. D: *offers comfort candy*
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Werewolfgrl said…
OMG Twilight/New Moon is waaaaaaaaaay better than Harry Potter! Like loads better
@ Werewolfgrl

Proof or it didn't happen
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک GemonkDruid said…
I'm with venvargie on that. Reasons, or GTFO.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ncisfan001 said…
GTFO??? Huh?

But siriously why do you think that is true Werewolf grl? Have you not just posted on the 69th page of this forum? If you really believe that then I'm sure you'd have no problem proving it in the 1000 reasons why twilight is better than harry potter forum. (You could be reason number one!)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک LoveforSeverus said…
2252. At school, the library has too many books so they're letting students take some for free. They put out New Moon, but no Harry Potter. WIN? I think so :)

and another thing, a few weeks ago, this twitard emailed me saying "lets argue about twilight and Harry Potter" so we did and eventually she kind of apologized so i stopped emailing her. Then today she emailed me saying "u gave up on our fight!!! haha, i new u'd give in"
So, in other words, you just admitted to being stupid. Besides, I also have a 4.0, it's not that big a deal. You probably go to school in Alabama or Mississippi.

>i am not intelligant i have 4.0 grade point average
>
>>I never had a desire to give in. I just... forgot. See, I have BETTER things to do with my life than argue with immature, ignorant, unintelligent people. =)
>>
>>>haha real funny u wanted to give in hahahahaha
>>>
>>>>No I didn't "quit" our fight because I wanted to "give in". I stopped because I thought you had matured and realized it was stupid. I'd be more than happy to debate with you, however, I'm very busy right now and might not have much time. But I do think it is VERY immature of you to want to "fight".
>>>>>u already quit our fight huh
>>>>>i knew u would give in
>>>
>>

thats what's been said so far. P.S. i have nothing against Alabamians or Mississippians, they just don't have great education systems.
^Hmmm... what a twat.

Also, ncisfan001, GTFO means get the f*ck out. Just a little internet term.
hmmm
What a little asshole. =/

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک evey222 said…
smile
so the story is int boring
k
hmmm
^

Uh... what?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک evey222 said…
well there are two hot guys and in harry potter none
as you can se
Wow.

Uh, first.

I assume you're talking about the actors.

One: Rob is okay looking and as is the guy who plays Jacob. But they're not hot. (in my opinion anyway.) And, to only like them for their looks is stupid and very, very shallow.

Two: Actors who play the HP cast are smokin' in my opinion. But we like them for their acting skills. All the twilight actors can't act for shit.

Three: If you're talking about the characters from the book then they're WRITTEN. So it's basically Smeyer's version of hot. Which, isn't very hot at all. She didn't even TELL US what they looked like all that well.

Four: So what if they're no hot characters in Harry Potter? (which isn't true) we love them for their personalities, not their looks. I mean, Hermione was supposed to be not that attractive looking in the books but we all fell in love with her brains and awesome personality. And, JKR didn't need to tell us what they looked like. EVER. SINGLE. FUCKING. SENTENCE.

Five: In the long run, looks don't matter.

And that's about it for me. I'm sure all the other HP fans will back me up. And, in case you wanna go any further with this, evey222, look at the picture I included below.

kthxbai(:
 Wow. Uh, first. I assume you're talking about the actors. One: Rob is okay looking and as is
surprise
OMFG!

SHE IS!?
^it's for Breaking Dawn! haha!!!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک TeamSiriusBlack said…
Lol, was the pic you posted, venvargie, the one I posted here? XD!
big smile
@ LoveforSeverus

I know you're supposed to get into character but.... xD

@ TeamSiriusBlack

XD I think it is. I love it so much. It is epic win!
^XD! It is!
smile
Yeah it is. I just checked.

I love it so much. <3

CREDIT TO PIC GOES TO TeamSiriusBlack!
big smile
WOO!
big smile
*dances*
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک MrsFelton said…
That explains, Harry Potter IS better than Twilight. Some immature girl at school said she liked Twilight because she liked reading about kissing boys.
meh
Ew.

That is just...

No.

Just no.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک apukarajagi said…
angry
@evey222
tom felton who plays malfoy isn't too bad to look at.
and the guy who plays cormac mclaggen is hot.
so just shut up and and swallow that stupid hotness point all twitards seem to use to defend their series because more intelligent people seem to argue using more complex reaons like symbolism, plot twists, strategies to grip audiences or readers etc..,

Man, I missed everything. :(
angelic
Gotta be quicker then that.
@apukarajagi thank you!!! See, to them, maybe the lead males aren't hot (but Rupert is!!!!) but we have so many other guys that are hot that they dont see!!!!
2253. Midnight Sun got leaked; Smeyer whined and cried and refused to continue writing it because she felt betrayed. The first paragraph of Deathly Hallows (or maybe the whole first page...I don't remember) got leaked and JKR continued on without making a big deal. If Smeyer had been in JKR's shoes with Deathly Hallows, HP fans would never have found out what happened with the Horcruxes and relationships and Dumbledore etc. Then again, if Smeyer had written HP, it would be all about poor scarred-for-life Harry and Ginny (who would be a Veela or a centaur or something not human) with their "forbidden" love and there would be no action about Voldemort whatsoever. So it's all kind of a moot point.
^not to mention JKR has more ingenuity than to write her series over again using a different character. I mean, imagine how (pardon my French) boring it'd be if Ginny told the story!
laugh
HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
if ginny told the story..........
i suppose if the jk rowling ginny told the story, the story wouldn't be all that bad since the character ginny is similar to modern women (strong independant and brave).
but SM would probably turn ginny into bella and poor harry into a stalker, possessive, dominating and totally stupid boyfriend.
ewwwwww!!!!!!! even the thought gives me shivers.
that is point #2254
crying
Now I'm going to have nightmares of Smeyer's version of Harry Potter... I think I'll stay up all night instead.
surprise
@venvargie
i would puke on harry potter if SM had developed his personality.
the vision is just sooooooooooooooo scary.
thank goodness jk rowling wrote harry as harry
Thanks god indeed. O.O
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک mooimafish17 said…
^^ indeededoode
smile
Anyway, back to the reason for the thread. xD

Reason whatever we're on. *too lazy to look xD* JKR Left so many wonderful things for us to make up on our own. Example: I love to roleplay the maurders(sp?) era myself. And what Harry's kids did in Hogwarts. Fanfics are created too. ;) Hopefully my reason makes sense. :P
big smile
yours will be #2255 i think
heart
Thanks for clearing that up.
^as has been said before, half the HP fanfics are better than Twilight
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک TheQuibbler said…
smirk
2256. I heard on the news that England got a new prime minister and I automatically said, "Haha poor sap doesn't know what he's gotten himself into!" Because I was thinking about the chapter in book 6, "The Other Minister." Harry Potter fans can relate the books to real life.
laugh
@ TheQuibbler

XD
That's a good reason.
Poor guy.
Good luck to him.
2257. SMeyer thinks we need to have everything spelled out for us in order to understand the story.
laugh
haha right...
smirk
2258. The fact that most of Twilight fanfics are better than the orginal Twilight.

Kinda sad, ain't it?
laugh
Very!