Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 54807 جوابات

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 2201-2250 of 54807

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک FredWRules said…
smile
Once I had a dream that I was in front of the Wizengamot, and Fred was by my side. But weirdly enough, it was set in Versailles palace, not MOM... I have strange dreams.
2525 (hehe). the fact that Scott Adams wrote Dilbert comics about Harry Potter.
(dilbert.com- it has a very odd humor, but it's really good! [and no, I'm not paid to promote it])
 2525 (hehe). the fact that Scott Adams wrote Dilbert comics about Harry Potter. (dilbert.com- it has
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک xxbewitchedxx said…
This may not be a reason, but I don't think it has been mentioned on here before. Bella bought fake passports, so that her kid could get away from the volturi (or something, I'm not too sure) that is defiantly not something to encourage in the people who idolise that book. Some people may say that harry potter does illegal things too...but they have more justification (and anyway there it would be hard to relate them to real life situations) and they also get punished for the wrong they do, which could be anything from detention, being locked up in the cupboard under the stairs or even death. btw, well done all of you for getting over 2500 reasons!!! they have been great fun to read and i hope you keep it up!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک souflizzle317 said…
^ That should definitely be a reason! I've never about the passport thing like that before....it is kind of showing people that it's okay to do illegal things as long as it's to make sure someone you love can make a getaway if by some chance, you don't lose your battle (which of course you will, because your world is perfect). Definitely didn't think about it that way....good point :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک xxbewitchedxx said…
^ Thanks :) i've been trying to think of something to contribute which is a bit different...That passport thing always bothered me tho :D
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک LoveforSeverus said…
^Yes, definitely a reason. (my computer kept changing it to "defiantly".... I feel SOOOOO much chagrin lol)
And @FredWRules, I cried so hard in the movie. I mean, the first time I held my mom and friends hands and Sev said the "AK" word and I SCREAMED (in front of a packed movie theatre) "NOOOO!" and started to cry.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک mooimafish17 said…
big smile
^^ so it was you!!! lol
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک emlincr said…
^^lol

And I don't know if this is a reason or not, but the Cullens having that much money isn't realistic. Okay, they're a family of 7 who live in a huge house that they would probably have to pay water and electricity for even if they may not use it because it would look kinda weird to humans if this family never used heat, water, electricity, etc. Yeah true, Carlisle is a doctor and all and he makes a lot of money, but the book never mentioned anyone else in the family having a job. Regular doctors would have trouble sustaining a family of 7 and if they made a lot of money, maybe the family could live a comfortable life, but not the way the Cullens live. They probably all buy designer clothes that they wear once and throw away, they all have nice cars, and they like to buy islands for the wives. No matter how many centuries you've been saving money, if you live like that for a couple of years or decades, you would go broke.
^I always wondered that too. I was like "Ferrari?" they couldn't afford it! Plot hole Meyer.

and moofish (i shall call you that now) did you happen to be at Hollywood 20 theatre? lol cuz right after I said "NOOO!" this dude in front of me turned around and looked at me like I was crazy.
Okay this is a really random question but I was just wondering about why everyone seems to comment on this forum when I'm either sleeping or in the middle of school, and so I've figured out that I'm pretty much the only one here from my time zone. So, my question that I would like *everyone* (the regulars at least) to answer because I'm curious: where are you guys from? Just to start, I'm from Vermont (in the U.S.)

2528. Graduation is a big deal. Especially from high school because it marks the time you're leaving the people you've known all your life to start over in a sense somewhere completely different with different people. JKR doesn't have a problem with this because she never really covers a time when they graduate. But Bella graduates in Eclipse, and I hate how casual it is. She acts like it's absolutely no big deal, and Smeyer portrays the event as a hindrance or annoying part of life. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's really unrealistic and actually kind of offensive the way that Smeyer portrays high school graduation.
@soulfizzle317- I'm from Colorado, U.S.A. haha and I'm already on summer break so yeah.
And I totally agree with reason 2528. I'm just in middle school so I haven't graduated high school yet but I know that graduating even from elementary was a pretty big deal for me.

2529. Twihards say that Bella is easier to relate to. Um, I disagree. Okay, how many teenagers read Wuthering Heights over and over and over again, willingly cooks dinner every night, a girl that hates shopping, only owns one purse, doesn't complain when she has a 3,000 year old computer, actually believes that a family are vampires, and gets annoyed when 3 guys ask her out to a dance!?

2530. Here's another plot hole. I'm not even in high school yet and I know that I can barely do any homework without high-speed internet. Being a junior/senior in high school, I don't know how Bella managed all her homework with her computer.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک TheQuibbler said…
2529. Bella is a hypocrite. When she finds out that Edward has been climbing into her window to watch her sleep, she's like, "Ohhh thatz soooo romantic!!!" But when Jacob climb into her window just to TALK TO HER she flips out, "OMGGG! You're not supposed to be in my room! Get OUT pervert!" and such. Also she keeps worrying about how Jacob could hurt people because he is a were-wolf, but she doesn't give a thought about how Edward could do the same.

2530. JK Rowling grows as a writer, you can see that if you compare her first and last books, while SMeyer just has page after page of Purple-Prose from start to finish.

I'm so happy! I just found out that Hermionie's Birthday is only a few hours after mine!
emlincr - its something to do with Alice and stock market trends - god knows really.

LoveforSeverus - Im not a dude and i live in London so slim chance it could of been me lol :D

souflizzle317 - ^^ London :P
Oh my numberings off, sorry, start at 2533
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک DracoLuver said…
LoveForSeverus - I was like that too. I couldn't believe Dumbledore died. And it was sad for Snape too, since you could tell he was trying not to cry. R.I.P Severus and Albus. Which can be counted as a reason. Harry Potter fans cry when someone dies, Twilight fans cry if Edward is barely in the movie. :P
@emlincr - 2 things: 1, I'm in middle school too (well, just finished it, heading to 9th grade in the fall :) and so I agree with your point about graduating elementary school. It was a huge deal for my class and high school is going to be even more of a huge deal. 2, your number 2529 is a GREAT point! I've always heard reasons why Twilight isn't relatable, but I've never thought about or heard it in the way that you just phrased it about Bella being a totally abnormal teenage girl! Nice job :)

Just curious, are most people on this forum adults or people in middle/high school? Just wondering because I want to know if I'm talking to people around my age or not :)

2533. Even when I was obsessed with Twilight (terrible time of my life) and I claimed that I was just as obsessed as I had been with Harry Potter, I didn't get half as excited about the Twilight movie as I did about any new thing that happened about Harry Potter. When I found out Goblet of Fire was coming out on my tenth birthday? I screamed. Yes, I did. When I found out I was actually seeing it at midnight, even though it was a school night? I screamed even louder and hugged my dad for about five straight minutes. When I found out that Twilight was coming out somewhere near my thirteenth birthday? I smiled (this is when I liked it). Is there even a comparison? No, there isn't.
@soulfizzle, I'm from Melbourne, in AUSTRALIA! gahhhh. Everyone here is obsessed with sport, (namely football) and I hate it!!!!
oh, and @soulfizzle (again, sorry), I'm in year 8 in my high school, but I don't know your year level things, coz in Australia, we just go from primary school straight to high school

@emlincr, I'm a girl and I hate clothes shopping. And I've read Jane Eyre a couple of times... but I hate cooking. :)
big smile
soulfizzle- I'm going into the 8th grade this fall so I'm a year younger than you :)

fredwrules- haha i'm not saying that all girls like shopping, and don't reread books I'm just saying that Bella isn't exactly the average bubbly teenager you see walking around =D
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک LumosFlies said…
angry
2534. Has anyone actually questioned how immature meyer and her twitards are? they won't accept that edwart and jacob AREN'T going to come to them in real life. They are willing to attack you if you even say one bad word against that stupid vampire book.
2535. It makes me ashamed to like vampires because they are portrayed as sparkly faries.
emlincr- good point. but, hey, I'm really weird. I don't really think anyone could relate to me.
emlincr - Cool! We're both younger then everyone,haha.
LumosFlies - I know ... i hate it how some twitards are like "But sparkling is soo cool!" .. Never go on mylifeistwilight. :S
DracoLuver- I went on it once, and I could FEEL my brain cells dying. Needless to say, I got off the website as soon as I could.
2536. AverageWizard is actually decent, and funny (even though it's not working right now. grrr). MLIT (my life is twilight) is just scary, it kills brain cells and its all about twazis realizing their hair is the same colour as bellas, or they stalked a silver volvo!!!! gaaaahhhhh!!!!
FredWRules - I know. Half the posts are like "Omg, I saw a guy who looked like Edward! I'm in love!" .. there was one where a girl said she and her best friend hate each other since she's on team Edward and her friend isn't. :|
DracoLuver- It was scary. I mean, even when I was a twilight fan *hangs head in shame*, I never got THAT obsessed!
This is an old point but the reason souflizzle317 gave about Graduation was a good one, however we dont have anything like that in England - it is a sad day but it is very different in every school and every school does different things - JKR did not make a big thing of it because it isnt over here - its not part of ingrained culture as it is over there :)

just thought i clear that up
^ Interesting...I never thought badly of JKR for it, but I kind of wondered why I never really even saw the word "graduate" in the series.

@FredWRules: I googled it, and it said year 8 is 13-14 year olds, is that right? If it is, I would be a year 9 in the fall in Australia (although since you're in the Southern Hemisphere, I don't know when you go back to school after summer break...okay this is too confusing, I'm stopping haha)

2537. Harry Potter truly is read by people of all ages and loved by people of all ages. My grandmother read all 7 books last summer and she LOVED them. My mom is working on them (I have a 5-year-old sister so it's kind of hard for her to find time to read), and she loves them so far. And clearly, I, a teenager, love them :) Twilight is read mainly by teenage girls. If an adult reads them, they're usually looked at weirdly and called "twilight moms", which is not an endearing term. Basically, my point is that Harry Potter is read and accepted by pretty much everyone, while the only people who are really "acceptable" to love Twilight are teenage girls. Sorry if that's kind of confusing, but yeah, I think I made my point? Maybe? I don't know, tell me if you have no idea what I'm trying to say :)
^^ they made those "adult" covers didn't they, so business men could read then on the underground and not be thought less of - there actually was a demand for this because the parents kept nicking there kids :) (i know my dad did, we used to get the new books delivered in the morning post - so they would be there when we woke up - then we would have a massive fight over who got to read them first.)
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
soufizzle I am from South Carolina, USA! And I just left middle school, so I am now in high school... Seniors 2014!!!!

And @FredWRules yes. MLIT scares the crap out of me... AW ones aren't bad. They're really cool actually.
About the covers, they're another thing that really don't make sense about Twilight. Twilight was the only one that kinda made sense (the forbidden apple) The rest are kinda just random. On the cover of Breaking Dawn, there's a pawn chess piece in the back and a queen in the front and I guess that represents Bella having barely any power in the beginning to having all the power in the end.
I disagree with this. I think Bella was weak through the whole book, wait let me take that back, she was weak through the whole series. All Bella could do when she was a vampire was "protect" people with her mind. So she is a defensive piece. If the Volturi were to have physically attacked the Cullens, they would've been screwed. But no, Smeyer made them sit down and talk it out bleh.

The Harry Potter covers make sense and they're so detailed. Did anyone notice on the American cover of Deathly Hallows, Harry is actually wearing the pouch around his neck? I totally overlooked that the first time I read the book and only noticed it the second time I read it.

Oh and here's inaccurate fact in Twilight. Bella's car, the Mercedes Guardian in Breaking Dawn was described as having missile-proof windows. MISSILE-proof. My cousin has this car and it's just bullet-proof. There's a huuuuggggeeee difference between missile and bullet-proof. Do your research before you write Smeyer.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Italktosnakes said…
smile
@souflizzle317 I'm kinda new to the page (done a few posts) and I'm going into to year 11 in September. I think that would be in Tenth Grade (I'm 15, and I'll have my a 16th birthday that year). Also, I'm from Birmingham, England:) x

I know that this is probably kind of obvious, but you know that the first *whatever* chapters in Twilight, it talk about the mystery of Edward and whether he's a vampire or something like that. The second sentence on the blurb says 'Edward was a vampire'. So basically, we might have as well skipped most of the chapters tbf

Also, I LOVED the Harry Potter front covers. I don't know if you've seen the English editions, but I love the Chamber of Secrets one :) Its so cute, and excites the reader but doesn't give anything away :) x
 @souflizzle317 I'm kinda new to the page (done a few posts) and I'm going into to سال 11 in Septembe
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک icysparq said…
@soulfizzle- I'm also new, almost done with grade 8. One more week left!

I think all the HP covers are great. I agree with emlincr, most of the Twilight book covers seem like random pictures set on a black background so they look dramatic. I liked being able to guess what would happen in the HP books.
tongue
I'm going into 9th grade.
Does anyone know what's up with AW? I've never been on it but I can't get on now.
^ I think it's (AW) having technical difficulties right now or something...

@everyone who said they're going into 9th grade in the fall: YAY!!! I'm surrounded by fellow students of the class of 2014!!! Haha sorry, we *just* (as in yesterday) watched a bunch of slideshows and stuff in place of an official graduation from 8th grade so I'm in a really "GO CLASS OF 2014" mood :)

@LoveforSeverus: You're possibly the only other person in this forum in my time zone :) For some strange reason, that makes me feel less lonely haha

The Harry Potter covers are all great! If you first pick them up without knowing the plot, they might not mean anything, but once you read them, they make so much sense! Both the American *and* British versions are like this. I think I like the Deathly Hallows covers the best in both countries because they're both the most detailed (in my opinion) and demonstrate great parts of the book. The British one shows the trio and Griphook in the Gringotts vault, and Hermione & Ron still have traces of their disguises (which don't mean anything unless you read the book), and you can see Griphook's hand coming out of nowhere holding up Gryffindor's sword. Detail? YES!! And the American cover shows Harry reaching up to something (sadly, I still haven't quite figured out where he is on the cover...) and he has Hagrid's pouch around his neck where he keeps everything throughout the book.

I don't know if that should be a reason..Probably not, but whatever :) And if anyone knows where Harry is on the cover of the American version of Deathly Hallows, can you let me know? I feel pretty stupid not knowing, when I feel like I totally should.
@soulfizzle, yeah, I'm turning 14 in October. our school year goes from February something to December something...
Turns out I might have the same birthday as Angelina Johnson.
@TheQuibbler- I know, right! It's so annoying! I can't get onto it either.
@FredWRules I share a birthday with Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood)... his surname is BIGGERSTAFF. That's... wow. I love it.
smile
@LoveforSeverus omg you're so lucky. He's pretty damn hot.
@LoveforSeverus: that's amazing! I have the same birthday as Owen Wilson (American actor) but that's about it...

@FredWrules: Angelina Johnson is a great character (in my opinion) even though she's not a huge one :) And so I'm not sure how your schools work because you go from February to December while in America it goes from August/September to June but I'll be 15 in November, so we're about the same age...

2538? There's more plot in a single chapter of Harry Potter than there is in the entire Twilight series. Shall we compare? Plot of the whole Twilight series: Girl meets boy. Girl finds out boy is vampire. They fall in "love." Boy saves girl countless times. Girl and boy live forever in perfection. Now, let's take a random chapter from Harry Potter. How about the first chapter of the first book? Mr. and Mrs. Dursley are introduced as "perfectly normal" and you start to wonder what's up with all the strange things going on in town. Then, enter ancient, quirky wizard and strict, caring witch. They talk about a mystery event that's causing celebrations all over the country. Finally, enter huge man on a flying motorcycle with a little baby who has just survived something terrible. All of this clearly has more plot than the entire twilight series. Now, multiply that one chapter of plot by 199 (number of chapters altogether in Harry Potter, including the epilogue) and that's how much plot you have compared to the tiny amount of plot in the entire Twilight series.
@soulfizzle, I know she's pretty cool, I just don't like her coz she got Fred and George.
watching the Legilimens scene on OotP
tongue
i feel so stupid i did not know there were different covers for Britain and America - why are they different?

On a separate note - who watched the footie?
^ I don't know why they're different actually...but I think both covers are great to look at with all of their detail even though I, being American, clearly prefer the British ones haha :) The British ones seem a lot cooler and more detailed, though like I said, that might just be because I'm American. Does anyone who's completely neutral when it comes to America vs England (England WINS obviously!) want to comment on the cover comparisons?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک NJBCfan said…
crying
2539. Twilight has never made me cry, Harry Potter has.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک MCRTS said…
2540. Characters with little to no page time get huge fan followings in Harry Potter. (i.e. The Giant Squid. SQUIDDY, where are you?) In Twilight, there aren't even fan following of minor characters like Emmett or Jasper.
Squiddy - i never heard of this - please educate me :)
heart
@MCRTS I always loved Alecto Carrow. Thought me and her would be homies :)
@soufizzle I love Owen Wilson!!!!!
@MCRTS: not sure about the Giant Squid, but I know that I've always loved Bill & Charlie (smaller characters than they might seem...) and Xenophilius Lovegood. Bigger characters than the giant squid, admittedly, but still pretty minor. So I agree with your point :)

@LoveforSeverus: Owen Wilson's great! I love that he can play extreme characters like in You, Me, and Dupree and also solid & loving characters like John Grogan in Marley and Me.

2541. In Harry Potter, there are levels of characters. Like Harry, Ron, and Hermione are the main three characters. Then you have people like Voldemort and Dumbledore are the two adults who either help or want to kill the main characters. Then there are characters like Luna, Neville, and Ginny who are very close to Harry, Ron, and Hermione and fight the Death Eaters. I could go on and on, but the point is, there are MANY levels of how major/minor characters are in Harry Potter. In Twilight, you have Bella and Edward as the two main characters, then Jacob, and then everyone else (even the rest of the Cullen family) is just as minor as the science teacher at the high school. Boring...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Italktosnakes said…
@mooimafish17 I watched the footie! I was annoyed with England tbh, they say its the goalkeeper (I cant think of his name) but tbf, the rest of the team shouldn't of let it get down there in the first place, because we are supposed to be WAY better than USA (No offence to the American Peoples) x
But, back to HP, umm...

This is bascially the two main settings, Hogwarts vs Forks.
There is no part of me that doesn’t believe that Hogwarts exists. How could it not? There’s no way that Rowling could have come up with all of that by herself. Whether it be through the books or through the films, Rowling’s world engulfs you, transports you into a completely different universe. She’s created languages, species, and millions of spells. So much detail has gone into the creation of this world that it’s hard to not get lost in it. In contrast, the world that Meyer has created in Forks, Washington is just like the city: kind of boring and bland with a lack of diversity. The vampire back story is sloppy and kind of cheesy and the little bit of history we see of the werewolves in Twilight is tired and unimaginative. And that’s all there is. Clearly Twilight is less occupied with giving us a world we can live in than it is in shoving a tedious love story down our throats. x