Once Upon A Time Unpopular Once Upon A Time Opinions (Confessions)

KataraLover posted on May 09, 2015 at 09:00PM
On the Disney Princess, Childhood Animated Movie Heroines, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Random clubs there are forums where we get to admit opinions that are unpopular or just a random confession you think people might think is weird or is unpopular. I think you guys all get the gist of things. So I thought it would be fun to have something like that on here. It, of course, must be Once Upon A Time related (Once Upon A Time In Wonderland is allowed to be included). You can all comment on confessions to agree with or disagree with. However, you all need to be civil and not attack anyone. We are talking about fictional characters and there is no reason to insult someone just for having a different opinion. Lastly, here are the forums from the other clubs, if you're interested.

Disney Princess: link

Childhood Animated Movie Heroines: link

Avatar: The Last Airbender: link

Random: link

Once Upon A Time 27 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک KataraLover said…
I think Anastasia Tremaine/The Red Queen is a fantastic character, despite being from an inferior spin-off. I like her more than most of the characters from the original series. I don't know why Will is in the show but she's not, I find her to be FAR better than that asshole.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Fieryrubes said…
I think in the end Tamara did redeem herself. I know it's an unpopular opinion (probably) but she kind of saved Henry and seemed to be worried about him.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
zanhar1 commented…
I can agree with that. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Peter Pan is a horrible character! He's way too despicable for me to find likable. I mean, yeah, Cruella was an irredeemable villain but they still gave her an excuse. They gave her a mental illness that her mother was too proud and arrogant to get profession treat for her daughter. But Peter Pan is just a terrible character and is too unlikable, even for a villain. I mean all the villains, even Cruella, felt human because the way they were was realistic and explain. But with Peter Pan, he's just a selfish asshole that was pretty much born evil and even admitted that he never loved his own son. Anytime he was "helping" his child, he was just using him for his own gain. I mean, yeah, Cora used Regina but is was always with the best intentions and she just wanted what was best for her daughter. Pan is just horrible and I think people only like him because of his actor, which is a weak reason in my opinion. There are characters (not on Once Upon A Time) that are played by bad actors that I still like, such as Simba from The Lion King.
WinterSpirit809 commented…
Finally someone else who doesn't like him! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
I really wish they'd focus more on characters like Ariel, Tinkerbell and Mulan. I understand that the actors might be busy but some of them aren't. I find some of them much more likeable and interesting than people like Snow and Charming. Ariel in specific since she's only been in about 3 episodes. In the first episode we saw her Regina took her voice and I got so defensive and angry when she did that. Poor Ariel! It was such a horrible thing to do. Baring in mind that was the first (?) episode we saw her.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک zanhar1 said…
I think little Snow could have kept a secret. I can name a whole bunch of 10 year olds who are able to do so.
KataraLover commented…
This is actually quite a مقبول opinion. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
zanhar1 commented…
I guess it's one of those 50-50 ones. I feel like a lot of my Once opinions are مزید 50-50. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
nymphalie commented…
But a girl like Snow White wopuld NEVER have considered somebody would ever act like Cora did, especially not as a mother. She thought that she was doing the right thing پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Hating a character because they killed a character you like is not a good enough reason to hate them.
zanhar1 commented…
xP I am the exact opposite of this. Like guilty as charged. Molly Weasley is a little shit and no one is telling me otherwise! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
KataraLover commented…
This from the person who defends Regina for kill Graham lol (no offense zanny). پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
zanhar1 commented…
That's different...I was kind of doing it to spite certain users way back when. Like I'm 10x مزید inclined to defend my پسندیدہ for doing bad things if they're hated on daily. :P As of late I really only defend her against the people who say she raped Graham. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Everything bad that ever happened is the ogres' fault. If they didn't do the war thing then Rumple wouldn't have gotten his cowered reputation and if that didn't happen then he wouldn't have become the dark one. And if he didn't become the dark one he wouldn't have gotten in league with Cora and if that didn't happen Dan wouldn't have died. And if Dan didn't die then Gina wouldn't have been evil...

It was the ogres people!
The ogres are the evilest characters!
KataraLover commented…
Well, actually, Cora probably would've died because she could turn straw into سونا and then Regina never would've existed lol. But yeah, IT'S THE OGRE'S FAULT... that and Peter Pan for making Rumple afraid of being just like him, a coward and leaving his child fatherless. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
zanhar1 commented…
Regina would have made herself exist somehow lol. Ogres and Peter... پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
I still think the Blue Fairy is up to something.
KataraLover commented…
Pretty much everyone agrees on that. I mean, when she was in her casket after she died, her legs were crossed. She might be the black fairy that she was talking about. I also think Glinda is up to something. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
zanhar1 commented…
She probably is the black fairy lol پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Emma Rigby (Anastasia Tremaine/The Red Queen) is a brilliant actress in my opinion. She may seem fake and over-the-top to begin with but the more you see her character the more you understand it. She's supposed to be fake because she's trying to fit in with all the upper class women that act like snobs. She's cold and unfeeling (or at least appears so) because she lost her true love and her mother treated her like crap. When she starts acting like her real self, she acts like a real person. So Emma Rigby is an amazing actress that did a fantastic job as Anastasia.
I don't think Parker Croft was a bad actor.
KataraLover commented…
آپ took my my actor confession, didn't ya? lol پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
zanhar1 commented…
Maybe. :P پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
I think Snow White is a little bit prettier than Regina (even though I prefer Regina as a character BY FAR).
I never quite understood why people think Mr. Gold is hot.
Fieryrubes commented…
Agreed. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
modernfan commented…
oh god agree so much! پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
SarahCorine commented…
I can see why he is hot. Oh I can totally see it. =) پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک MelodyLaurel said…
Alright, posting this here because people give me crap over this everywhere I go: I think Rumple/Belle is the epitome of an abusive relationship and it shouldn't be worshiped the way it is now. Emotional manipulation? Check. Lack of trust and deception? Check. Gaslighting? Check. Stalking? Check. Breaching of personal boundaries? Double check. What is there to like about this ship, honestly?
zanhar1 commented…
OMG yes! i totally agree with this though. What's مزید disturbing is that I saw on tumblr this guy/gal who کہا Belle needed 'to pay' for making Rumple leave Storybrooke. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Fieryrubes commented…
On point. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
MelodyLaurel commented…
I'm not one to dissect the morality of a fictional ship, but this pairing seriously gives me the creeps, and the fact that the narrative portrays it as romantic instead of extremely unhealthy is disturbing. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
I think this one's kind of 50/50 but all over tumblr I see people shipping Ruby and Whale and I hate that ship so much, but it seems to be very popular. Mainly because Ruby is my favourite and I think she can do far better than him.
MelodyLaurel commented…
If there's one thing Tumblr has taught me, is that people can take any two characters and ship them, regardless of whether it makes sense یا not. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Amara isn't as great as people make her out to be. I think people mainly like her because she's a gorgeous woman who is badass with her powers. But she's one of the main reasons that Jafar turned into the monster he was. She taught him to be heartless, cruel, and to even step on the innocent (even friends of his) to get what he wants. She's a murderess who got off WAY too easily just because she was Cyrus' mother and never has to pay for her crimes like Anastasia or Regina had to. Yeah, yeah, she was turned into a staff but she got off easily because that's not true suffering like Regina had to go through. Plus she deserved it because she taught Jafar to be heartless and that's just what she got. She may have lost her sons but that's no excuse to become a cruel murderess! Plus she had romantic relationships with Jafar, who she's known since he was 10. Am I the only one who finds that to be CREEPY?
Not to sound rude but I think people who are still upset over Snow White killing Cora and Emma killing Cruella SERIOUSLY need to grow up and get over it! I hated Jafar for killing Anastasia for a while but I got over it because, in my personal opinion, just because a character kills a character you like it doesn't mean they should receive hate for it. Besides, (even though I love Cruella) I think both Cora and Cruella got exactly what they deserved.
zanhar1 commented…
I think I finally found something we disagree on lol; I don't think they need to get over it. (Unless you're hating Bellatrix for killing Sirius :P) I think a character killing your پسندیدہ is a valid reason for hating that character. I'm still pissed at Molly like 5 years later lol. If someone had killed Azula zanhar would hate کہا character forever پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
KataraLover commented…
Don't sell yourself sort. We have plenty we disagree on lol. As for Molly, she always sucked and killed one of the few characters I liked in an unconvincing way. How could a common housewife that lives on a farm (magic یا not) defeat Bellatrix when three of some of the most skilled wizards at Hogwarts couldn't defeat her? Besides, Cora did kill Snow's mother to make Regina queen and did kill her nanny just for the heck of it (asshole اقدام and not a charming one). Plus she was planning on killing her, her husband, her daughter, and causing torture upon all her friends. As for Cruella, to get آپ on my side (whether it works یا not I don't know) she was threatening to kill Henry, who is also Regina's son, and Regina would've done the same and even suggested killing Cruella. Besides, with villains in a دکھائیں یا movie, آپ can pretty much expect that they'll end up dead. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
I ADORE Zelena/The Wicked Witch of The West! I don't understand the hate she gets AT ALL, other than the typical bull crap complains I hear from every fandom that she killed a character and keeping so and so away from blah, blah, blah. I hear those same two complains from any character in a fandom. Plus the typical villain complaints that she's evil and all that bull crap. I think she's a FANTASTIC villain and a wonderful character. She has great sassy lines (well of course, she's Regina's sister), she has so much style and charisma to her, she's clever as hell, she has a well-written and believable backstory, and is so delightfully evil. All she really wants is to have someone in her life to love her. How is it she gets hate for a lot of things but Cora can get away with unnecessarily murdering an innocent person just for fun and no one in the fandom hates her? DOUBLE STANDARD BULL CRAP! Cora did MUCH worse than Zelena and I honestly didn't feel sorry for Cora. All the bad things that happened to her were her own fault and were caused by her own actions. Plus, she's responsible for ruining Regina and Zelena's lives (although Rumple did have a lot to do with Regina and is more to blame than Cora but still). I'm sick of all the hate Zelena is getting!
LowriLorenza89 commented…
Who did Cora murder "just for fun"? I'm probably just forgetting one of her victims, but from what I remember her kills had a genuine motive. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
I think the first half of season 5 of Once Upon A Time was fantastic. Yes, I hate Captain Swan and some parts focused too much on that. But at this point, I've kind of gotten used to it and forced myself to tolerate it.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک uploaded900 said…
Jeez this hasn't been active in a while. Anyway I have a few things to say
1) Dark Swan is really BORING! Also she looks stiff the whole time, not what I'd call a cool villain (Aorry Emma)
2) While he's not the most interesting character, I don't think Hercules is boring.
3) I love Regina, but her fans are annoying
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک WinterSpirit809 said…
I think Captain Swan is boring. I prefer SwanFire. Captain Swan really isn't interesting, it kind of came out of nowhere, it started in what, third season? It's fifth season and we have hardly seen development besides a couple times in 5a. There was a little development there but it's not enough for me. I'm starting to get tired of it...
I find it weird that people actually ship Swan Queen. I'm not trying to offend anyone and it also has NOTHING to do with it being a gay relationship. My problem is that these two are RELATED! They're step-grandmother and step-granddaughter. For those of you saying it's not bad because they're not blood-related, but they're still related and it's just creepy. It would be like if my mom got together with my niece since they actually are step-grandmother and step-granddaughter, though that step part means nothing to them, so they're just granddaughter and grandmother. Besides, some relationships work better as just friends and I prefer Emma and Regina as just good friends. This Swan Queen thing is getting so insane that whenever I post a poll about which relationship people like more, and I intend on Emma and Regina being an option AS FRIENDS, people also say how much they ship them together romantically. I hope I don't offend anyone, this is just how I feel.
SarahCorine commented…
I agree. I definitely could not see them as a couple, even if they're weren't related. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
LowriLorenza89 commented…
I don't ship them myself, but I don't think that their being step-relatives alone is enough of a reason. They're not biologically related and they were never in each others' lives as family. It's a completely different scenario from what your example from your family sounds like. پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک LowriLorenza89 said…
I wish Rumplestilskin hadn't become the Dark One again so quickly in season 5. I didn't think that him being powerless and free from that dark influence was explored enough - only one episode really. By this point, his making villainous decisions and lying to Belle about it/hiding it from Belle had stopped being an effective plot twist and was just annoying me.

I also think it might have been more interesting to have another villain magically forcing him to revert to being the Dark One again, rather than him taking back the power willingly. It'd be a different twist, and I felt that his choice of power again showed a lack of character development which made his eventual redemption feel forced.
I'm not a fan of how Outlaw Queen were introduced in Quite A Common Fairy. I find the whole idea of magically identifying someone's true love incredibly forced, and I prefer the interpretation of true love as being magic creating by people sharing a strong and mutual love to that of romantic destiny. I also have some issues with the timing. Regina was married at the time - she mentions her husband to Tinkerbell. Are people seriously claiming that Leopold would just let her go, not even trying to "rescue" her if he first wrongly believed she'd been abducted or gone missing, and that society would just be fine with the idea of their Queen running away with another man? Also, were Robin and Marian already married, or courting at that point? Was Roland already born? If he wasn't, I'd have issues with the idea of effectively undoing the child's existence to have another pairing together sooner.
Even though I love Captain Swan and am really happy that Killian did return at the end of season 5, I'm not a fan of how it was done. Zeus reviving him felt like too much of a semi-literal deus-ex-machina. I'd have preferred for Killian to find one last ambrosia fruit, or even for Zeus to have been more ambiguous in his motivation - something like suggesting that Killian would be needed alive for a future threat, or being vague and possibly hinting that Zeus himself was a villain.
I didn't like the pairing of Zelena/Hades at all. It felt forced and too quick. It conflicted with the idea of her possible redemption at the time. And I question how it could have actually been true love, when an episode later he was prioritising his own ambitions and desire for revenge against Zeus/the other gods above her feelings and her desire for her family's safety.

(Not sure if this one counts as an unpopular opinion - how popular is that pairing?)
Cora is my least favourite character. I really dislike how they tried to redeem her and let her move on in season 5B. I don't see how anyone can forgive her for abandoning a new-born Zelena to die in the forest (the later excuse of "she didn't have a heart" doesn't apply here). I also don't blame Ava at all for ratting her out in the Bleeding Through flashbacks - to me, telling a man that his fiancee is just using him and planning to pretend that he's the father of another man's child is always the right thing to do, particularly when she's also robbing him to ensure the real father's silence, and when issues of inheritance would come into play.

I also think Milah is over-hated. The entire issue with her (other than with extreme Rumplestilskin fans who can't fault him for anything and hate anyone who hurts him in any way) seems to be that the Enchanted Forest has no concept of divorce or separation, so the only way out of her now-loveless marriage and miserable circumstances was to run away.

I don't see how Milah is hated for abandoning her son aged approximately 10 (my guess for Bae's age in The Crocodile) and apparently deserves eternal torment by being thrown into the River Of Lost Souls, while Cora gets redeemed when she abandoned one new-born and abused the child she kept.
قبل ماہ ایک LowriLorenza89 said…
I wish we'd gotten some backstory for Tamara, an explanation for why she hated magic and would go to such lengths to destroy it. We got an episode showing Greg/Owen's motivation, so we should have had a similar explanation for her. Even one line between her and Greg/Owen discussing it would have been better!