Quotes پسندیدہ Opening Lines?

katara529 posted on Aug 26, 2010 at 02:17PM
What are your favorite opening lines? Book, movie, song. Whatever you want.

Some of mine:

There was a boy named Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it.
-The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Book)

last edited on Dec 11, 2010 at 02:45PM

Quotes 5 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک life_rehab said…
One of my favourite first lines:
Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show. from David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
Another one I like is from Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling (I just love that note of sarcasm:D):

Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you’d expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn’t hold with such nonsense.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
A story has no beginning or end; arbitrarily one chooses that moment of experience from which to look back or from which to look ahead.

The End of the Affair by Graham Greene
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک courtney7488 said…
Here is one of my favorites:

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends."

-From the film Love Actually.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک adamride said…
An actor (or sometimes actress for female, see terminology) is a person who acts in a dramatic production and who works in film, television, theatre, or radio in that capacity.

link