Writing فورم novel - Discussion

Lord_Anubis posted on Feb 03, 2012 at 09:37PM
Here is some idea so we can all have fun writing... It's also some kind of roleplay.

What is an internet novel?

In an internet novel a group of persons connected by the internet writes a novel together. Everyone has an own char and writes the story from his point of view.
Now we will try to start an internet novel about our characters or we can make new characters in this forum.

How to participate?
You can step in at every point of the novel, but its best to be there from the beginning so you know whats going on. If you want to participate, you just have to post the profile of your character with some details:

Name:
Outlooks: (optional standing sprite or picture)
Background story:
Character: (personality)
Know associations(optional): ( does the character know any of chars from the others?)
Special abilities(optional):

you will see an example further down.

Rules
§1: You are only allowed to have one character. Of course you can write about subchars you invent by yourself( guards, soldiers...) but they have to stay subchars. You can also write about the characters of the other members as long as you don't make important decisions for them.
If you die, you can step in with a new character afterwards. Dieing is also a way if you don't want to write in here anymore.
I hope you don't mind if I sometimes write out of the sight of nobody to make the story go on.

§2: No overpowered chars. No one can beat an army( or even a big group) of soldiers alone.

§3: You don't have to write epically long posts, but they shouldn't be shorter than five lines. We won't kill you if you once write four, but the second time... >:D
Another thing you should try to think of is punctuation and spelling. You can also take part if you aren't good in both, but please write your posts in Word to get your spelling right.

§4: There is no fourth rule as this is about the activity. Of course you should look into the thread from time to time, but if you simply don't know what to write then you can't write. That isn't a problem.

§5: Please try to incorporate everybody into the story. You shouldn't name everybody in your post, but if you see that somebody writes on his own, try to integrate him. This counts especially for the active and experienced writers but also for everyone else.
It also means that the group shouldn't divide into pieces until everyone is alone. Everyone should stay in a group although their might be exceptions.

§6: If you think that something should happen, have an idea for the development of the story/ the story in general, have a problem with something, think that you aren't integrated in the story there are different possibilities. You can write everything that isn't part of the story when you write ooc: ( out of character) in front of it. Or you can PM me( or maybe other persons) or post it here.

Background story(it's fantasy medieval time):
It was a foggy morning. Guardians at grey city walls could barely see the green forest that was not so far ahead. Behind the city was great mountain that was preventing enemies to come from behind, so they only guarded at city gate. Suddenly a small dot appeared at the end of forest and as it was getting closer it formed in human shape. The guardians stopped yawning and got close to the fence of grey stones.
''Is that the one king Robert called for?'' asked one of them.
''They say he has hair blue as night and fiery cat eyes.''
''Yes, I heard he's mostly in tiger or mathajy form.'' 3 guards were talking.
''Really?''
''Mhm, like a humanoid tiger.'' ,and so while they were talking the red man came in front of the great metal gate and stopped.
''I come to serve the king Robert! He called for me! Let me pass!'' the man yelled loudly.
''Show us who you are!'' replied one of the guardians.
After that the man removed his red hood and lowered his ,also red, scarf. His skin was very pale. He was young and got very pretty face in shape of letter V. He really had red cat eyes and blue spikey hair pulled to behind as his bangs were fallin' near his eyes.
''Open the gate!'' one of the guards commanded after they all took a good look at him from above.
The gate opened with loud sound and red man headed through main street that was leading towards castle in the bottom of the grey mountain.

You can put info of your characters in this topic and then get started and join in novel. This will be example.

-Name: Lord Anu / Anu
-Outlooks: Red scarf covering even and his shoulders, pants, lacerated cape, black t-shirt, boots and bandages all over him. Also, red longsword placed at his back.
(you got some poor picture of my character below, if you wanna create look of your character like mine this page is good: link)
-Background story: He was wild and lonely child always seperated from others and getting into fights. He didn't loved much his father and mother so when he grew up, he became a ranger and had a lot of battles in deep dark forests and was often away from his small village. His perents died from disease soon. Many rangers died since something is happening in dark kingdoms lately, so he became best fighter in village and was called on duty by a king.
-Character: Quiet and very serious when talking, but also relaxed. A rude coldhearted warrior ready to kill with no hesitation.
-Know associations: He doesn't know any characters
-Special abilities: Skilled with his longsword, fire manipulating warrior. Throwing fire balls, exploding like a bomb, making walls of molten magma rocks, getting near enemies disabling them to strike with his sticky magma.

I'll make new topic where we make story: link
Have fun! ^^
 Here is some idea so we can all have fun writing... It's also some kind of roleplay. What is an inte
last edited on Feb 04, 2012 at 01:09AM

Writing 57 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 57

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک adamk said…
NAME:Nathan Kirby
OUTLOOK:Tall, Blonde Hair, Wears a Old-Fashioned Raincoat, Dirty Black Pants, Old Boots, Carries a mysterious pistol in a holster that fires lightning, and carries a knife that injects it's victim with cobra venom if they are stabbed by it.
BACKSTORY:Nathan was left alone when his parents died, as an orphan with no known family, Nathan was placed in an orphange until he was 18 years old. After he left, he set out to travel the world, and eventually lost hope that he would ever find any good in it.
CHARACTER:A self made sociopath, who chose to kill his emotions at a young age. He belives there is no hope for humanity, but is detirmined to find his place in the world.
Known Assocites:Unknown, due to his travels he may know somebody who has a role in the story.
Special Abilities:Capable, Can be calm under extreme pressure, and skilled in fighting, able to manipulate emotions if neccessary.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Lord_Anubis said…
Nice character, feel free to put him anywhere in story. He can even be villain =3
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک coriann said…
name: unknown
outlook: dark skin, curly black hair, deep, black, penetrating eyes, powty face and baby lips.
back-story: this character does not know where she came from because she cannot remember all she knows is that she has been brainwashed by some mysterious character, who she knows she hates for some reason.
character: warm, sweet and loving, seen by others as gullible and overly trusting, confused, shy cautious and curios, is sensitive and easily annoyed, is very artistic.
special abilities: smart, logical and decisive.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک dragonsmemory said…
Name: Ynar
Outlook: typical Byronic hero
Back Story: a hunter of myths, he knows not to trust his eyes.
Character: loner, powerful warrior
Associations: none, a wanderer by choice
Special Abilities: strong, uses special sword in myth-hunting. Can see what is not there and can hear the silence
cool
I would like that you mates are a little more active, try to relax like me, Dragon and Cori
I like writing. Once I get the feel of a story, it's near impossible to slow me down. I write until the idea runs out. Not a second sooner or later. Seeing as I'm not the only one writing, my ideas don't run out as quickly. Sorry. You'll just have to put up with it. It's my nature. Tere isn't a thing I can do to change it.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک sideshowbobbart said…
sad
Sorry but I decided I don't want to write about this, its really out of what I usually write about. If you ever begin a novel which is in another style please inform me and I'll be glad to participate. I know I give you the impression that I am a bad writer and a coward but I can't write about something I don't like. Sorry...
It's ok. I get the same feeling about my own ideas sometimes.
Oh well, it's on you to decide, some writers don't like making mistakes in front of others, but it's fine.
Also... As for the novel... I didn't planned to move Anu anywhere out of tavern until morning, until he goes in dark woods on task. I'll try think of something if plot doesn't move on soon ^^
The feast should start soon. Ynar has to make a grand entrance with the dragon. And I thought Anu was going to the feast. Oh, well, I'll get the dragon cleaned up and over to the castle in a bit.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک sideshowbobbart said…
tongue
Ok, thanks for understanding people. I am just not very into this plot
There'll be other plots. That's one of the joys of writing. The freedom to plot all you want. Plot out your plots for evil plots. Sorry about that. Couldn't help it.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Daymio said…
zzz
hi everybody... ima gonna join if you dont mind. that scumbag anu has been harashing me to join since ever. anyway. i aint gonna tell you anything about my char. you will find everything in story... think thats better than telling everything before joining.... anyway if you dont mind, i have a suprise planning for a feast... so sit tight...
Daymio... Charming as always =3
I don't think anything else will beat the dragon Ynar's bringing. Can't say too much more without revealing my secrets.
So... When is someone gonna start with the feast?
I still have to get Ynar inside. He needs a good entrance. Why don't you start us off, then I can jump in.
Cant. I plan to show up when it already started.
Well, it kinda started already if you didn't noticed. Food and drinks are served, tables ready, music is on... Your turn =3
Fait enough. I'll hop over there now and get the ball rolling. In the meantime, why not read what we wrote so far?
Lol. I read it like 4 or 5 times. Every time from beggining.
And i apologize for mah english. I'm mostly too lazy to fix mistakes so i leave them.
I got the gist of it. How did you like my parts? Please be honest.
your parts are altought sometimes short, very descriptive and good. you follow the plot very good...
anyway... this nathan dude. is he writing or what?
i guess i can use him bit
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک adamk said…
you can use him, I'm not on very often anyway.
surprise
'Very often'? You say that like you posted anything :o
I don't wanna push, but... you know what I'm talking about.
Bump! Doublepost.
About the prince... my eyes already hurt. I named him Gallian, not Gillian. I just wanted to point it out so that you decide which one it will be =3
Why do your eyes hurt? You might need glasses. I thinkI wrote Gillian when I first mentioned him. Oh well. If we ever publish this, we'll just correct it.
why the fword none writes?
I'm wondering the same thing
Ok, everyone. This is the moment you've all been waiting for. This is the post where I explain the dragon.

So, we know that Ynar was able to capture it very easily due to its injuries. That's what you think now. In reality, the dragon, using its Foresight, saw a great calamity in Rora. It knew it could ease the pain caused by the calamity. It knew Ynar could get it into the city.
Now, asfor the talking. All myths can talk, it's whether they choose tothat's important. The dragon, like all the others of its kind, can touch minds. Thus, it knew that Anu was playing both sides of the board. It was trying to warn Ynar almost from the beginning. It didn't want to be overheard.
That's all I'm revealing at this point in the story. As events in Rora unfold, we'll see what happens.
i like the way this story is going... anyway... be sure to leave me a piece when the night falls... i have something to do then...
Night here with me, or night where you are? Just don't touch the dragon. I have a plan for it and Ynar.
Wow, you took Anu quite far on south, far from destination he should be, he should be heading north to Dark woods. This was quite unexpected, but good, it's meant to be that way =3
Should I let him being taken to old dragons only for them to fail seperating or should he fall off somewhere by arrows of Kinava's soldiers? Not to mention, only death can seperate Anu from himself
Well, I can't say what'll haplen until the idea strikes. Actually, that last one hit me in the shower this morning. Let's see if they get to the colony before deciding on the split. Beides, Anu never really wanted to go north. No onw will think he went south on his own, considering he has a mission. Already I can see the colony forming in my mind. The journey is long, but I'm sure they'll make it. They might even become friends.
well took me some time to write mah part.. i actually already did wrote that like 2 days ago but i didn't save xD so i lost it. I kinda lost it at the end so i just finished it .
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Cool
Sorry about the super-short post. I was a bit short on time.
Question. You wrote save kingdom. From what?
Le king Robert still thinks that dark kingdom[I forgot how I named it =P] across the dark woods is responsible for his son's death. So... going into a war seems legit.
To be honest, I won't know for at least a couple more posts. It's the way I write. I write like I'm with the characters. It means I can see details of events, but it also means I have little foresight as to the direction of the plot. I also write until the idea I'm using runs out. With one idea, I could get a whole novel or just a couple pages. It's all chance, really. Sometimes, an idea hits, but I don't recognize it right away. I write with theidea, only to have it fully revealed at the end. As soon as I know what's going on, I'll make sure you know.
Ok.
Oi m8. Read mah last post moron. King knows who killer is
I think I know what to do with Ynar and Silvercoin in the colony. *stares pensively off into the distance* Yes…that'll work. But on the way back…
Mate... King still doesn't know a sh*t about who did it to his son. He asked who your character is and who he works for, but your character threw da knife and disappeared like a boss.
Of course…but what if he…then again…no, that'll never work…still…I'll do it.
Dont you guys think we should need map?
I can make one random in photoshop but someone should tell me where to put cities and shit.
Just a tought.
All I know is that the southlands are past the forest. I think the forest surrounds Rora, but Ynar's only been south so far. There should be a city for dragons near a volcano (the colony Silvercoin mentioned). Maybe a centaur village in the eastern forest? Mountains behind Rora, extending from the cliff. A dark place, perhaps? Roads through the forest. Those have to go through as quickly as possible. The same goes for roads in the southlands.
Lol i only understood half. Send me inbox with basic sketch in paint pls
I'm not any kind of an artist. I'll do a bulleted list instead.
how about this for a start
link
 how about this for a start http://i40.tinypic.com/2lxzegx.png