Bones Portmanteau?

keepxonxtrying posted on Sep 05, 2008 at 01:35AM
definition: A word formed by merging the sounds and meanings of two different words

so... I know that some people find these extremely annoying, but I'm just curious. Is there an offical one for booth and brennan? i know angela and hodgins have been dubbed "hodgela" but my #1 shipping couple has yet to be named.

The one I have heard the most is "Semperance" (Seeley and Temperance) and my friend and I made up "Boones" (Booth and Bones). Also, (especially on fanfiction) BB, b/b, or just bb have been used.

So does anyone like these or know of any that I have yet to learn of? Thanks. :D

Bones 18 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک VampireGirl said…
i like Semperance. i think its pretty, but thats just me.
i've mostly just heard like BB, b/b, and bb. but i do think they need an official portmanteau. lol
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک heeeresjoyce said…
Other than BB, I've heard Semperance. I like Boones, though. Maybe we should use that?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک keepxonxtrying said…
vampireGirl: i think semperance is pretty too! but... it seems too formal for them now. i think if they actually get together during the show it would be a really fitting name for them. :)
and i agree. they do need an official name! i'm tired of always having to say Booth and Brennan.

heeeresjoyce: yeah i love Boones! hehe. personally, i think it really fits the two of them.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ebathory said…
Boones sounds funny i like it.
ya, like for now, since they arent together, semperance may not work. for the reasons you said, when they do get together i think itll work really well
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Michellebob said…
Ya i just say BB.

I like Boones but only for writing down. People in the street would think you were a bit mad talking about Boones! :)
ya, it sorta sounds like booze, and i dont think people like go around saying "booze are meant for each other" and stuff like that, lol

i've been thinking of all the possibilites:

breeley
semperance
boones
sones(kinda weird i know)

and thats all i can think of right now
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک heeeresjoyce said…
Hmmm...Brooth? Lol that's kinda weird...uhh...Boen? I'm not very good at this. I kinda like Breeley, though, VampireGirl.
thanks, me too. ya im not too good at it either lol.
my favorites are semperance and breeley
hahahah. brooth? broothen? boothen? breeley? boones? boen?
seriously other couple are so much easier to name like huddy and merder and jate.
grr...

i was trying to think of one like PB&J (Pregnant Babe & Junkie from Lost or Pam Beesley & Jim from The Office) but i can't think of one. Both of them are "FA's"!

Brennan: Forensic Anthropologist
Booth: FBI Agent

:\
I like Breeley too.

keepxonxtrying -
You could call them SAD (Special Agent + Docter) he he or :-( for short.
Or FABBO kinda like fabulous (Fbi Agent Booth + BOnes) okay now I'm just being ridiculous
maybe we should keep it simple...lol
Ah B&B is simple and everyone knows what it means maybe we just keep it at that...
hmmm i dunno....
i know BB is the most simple but saying it outloud... "BB"... idunno it just doesn't sound adorable or catchy. but don't get me wrong i LOVE writing it all over my homework and my teachers are always asking what bb is. hahaha.

i think i like boones the most.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک GSRfan8294 said…
idk what would be good one here's a few i came up with: Temply, Teeley, Tooth(ya corny i know), Tempth, Brooth, Brenley, Brenly, Bonely, Both, Beely, Beeley. Any good?
temply is kinda cool
temply is kinda cool