Bones Harbinger ***SPOLIERS***

livi_wells posted on Jun 30, 2009 at 11:51PM
Ok, so the season 5 premiere is called 'The Harbinger Under the Fountain'. When I first saw this I had no clue what on earth a Harbinger could be. So I googled it.

According to Wikipedia:
A harbinger is a sign of things to come. Throughout history and literature, harbingers and omens figure prominently, and are responsible for major decisions which have altered the course of both.

The Oxford Dictionary currently on my desk says:
A foresaw or presage.

The synopsis of the ep is something along the lines of: a body is found in a fountain, leading to the discovery of a mass unmarked grave under the fountain.

Ok, so the use of the word 'harbinger' is directly about the episode. But what if there is something more? The wikipedia definition strikes me, about decisions which alter the course of both. Could this have anything to do with the relationship between Booth and Brennan that was changed in 'The End in the Beginning'? Maybe it's about Booth's possible amnesia?

?
?
?

Bones 19 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک livi_wells said…
surprise
My mind is about to explode. Too much thinking!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک deedeedot said…
No!theres no amnesia:) Booth its just confused what is reality, if the life before or the dream he had:) and according to sides B&B gonna kiss!!for real!!!Brennan will be about to bleeding out and Booth kiss her and she kiss back!!! so awesome! read them its on the links:)
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Bones_Obsessor said…
big smile
I read them too! :D I almost screamed!! :) :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک natulle said…
What link :D ?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ebathory said…
smile
Yeah I already knew what a harbinger was (I love gothic fiction lol) but I read the sides and I just don't trust em. My reasons are:

1. HH knows a lot of major spoilers were leaked on the net (ie. the real identity of the Gravedigger, stuff that happened in TPITH etc) so I think he wants audiences to really enjoy and be suprised with the season premiere.

2. Numerous times before in various TV shows/movies (The X-Files comes immediately to mind) that creators have released fake spoilers on the net to confuse people so they don't know what to expect when they see the feature.

3. The whole scene just seemed really weird. I mean Bones has been attacked by a psycho with a scalpel, then Booth runs in, shoots him and then they mack out for a bit. Followed by them both interrogating people. Weird.

Regardless of all that, I can't wait to see the first ep of season 5! Great forum add Livi!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک renrae said…
big smile
"I mean Bones has been attacked by a psycho with a scalpel, then Booth runs in, shoots him and then they make out for a bit. Followed by them both interrogating people."

This. is. Win.

Anyway, I think the first part may be real but the kiss may have been added on. either that or it is a wild censored fantasy. :P

Moving on: If deedeedot lets herself get excited then I will let myself get excited, too. BB cookies for all! *squees loudly*

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک deedeedot said…
well you are all thinking that those scenes are unable to go afterwards, BUT when you look up the pages, they do not fit, so there is morething more between:) just my thoughts and i still do believe there will be kiss, but not sure how real or so but there deffo will be one:)
I don't think it's real but I'm not sure of course but as I remember (I read some of the outline of the script or what it was called - I think that's the one you've read) and they didn't write anything about the amnesia which is pretty huge so that doesn't make any sense.
Yeah but they'll probably pass it off just like Booth's 'death'... as in pay about 10 minutes to it and then just continue on with the story... Grrr...

Please excuse my grumpiness, I really can't wait till it starts up again :D
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک g3u16 said…
i agree with ebathory...
they'll pass off the amnesia and continue like nothing major happened.they do that a lot in this show.but still BONES my favorite.

can't wait till September...

Yeah I agree with you two. But it's annoying because it's a really huge deal that they should talk about in therapy and bones being upset that he can't remember her but you're just almost certain that they're not going to do that. But as g3u16 said it's still my FAVORITE show :D!!!!!!!!!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Bubbly131 said…
Well about the fighting, Hart Hanson assured us that there would be an action sequence, and someone would get hurt... so why should we doubt the fight?
As for the kiss, Booth may still be slightly confused by that part... it is possible, but don't get your hopes up.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک renrae said…
I can imagine them making out for a bit, and then the "This is wrong." schpeil we got over and over in that one Season 2 episode.

And then they just go back to being normal. Which would totally suck.
Yeah of what I have read Brennan gets a scaple in her arm and Booth comes in and over to her and he kisses her and her back when they are on the floor. Now we just have to see if it's true d;
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک g3u16 said…
surprise
"What we do know about the next season is that it picks up six weeks later and after Bones returns from a trip to Guatemala. We also know that her baby plans are on hold and that Booth is still in a state of confusion at the season opener."

i got this from link

any ideas??
Yeah I read that too. No idea though, but I think she should just give up the baby idea.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Bones_Obsessor said…
hmmm
I don't understand why she'd go to Guatemala when Booth was just starting to recover.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک callstories said…
Yeah! She should be at his bedside the whole time.
I almost don't want them to kiss again for a while. I liked to be teased and teased and then get the big payoff.
HH did say that Brennan wouldn't abandon Booth when he needed her though, so I'm guessing he must have been fully recovered before she jetted off to Guatemala. And I agree with callstories' second point :D