Nav posted on Mar 21, 2007 at 09:25AM
Is anybody in there?
last edited on Mar 21, 2007 at 12:08PM

گلابی Floyd 20 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ralphplar7 said…
I'm here
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Nav said…
How about we get some life into this spot?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک papa said…
Nav, I thought your forum post was the lyric...

"Is there anybody...OUT there..." :-)

(name the floyd tune!)
ha ha. It is easy to confuse when you only think in Floyd. Have ya'll ever got to see Floyd, or any of the members?
Actually, it WAS supposed to be like the lyrics... I'm almost sure it's a lyric from Comfortably Numb :)

Haven't seen anyone in concert, tho Waters had a concert in Israel a few months ago. Have any of you seen them live?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ali22 said…
yeah it was comfortably numb......fab song! :)
Yea, individually. I saw David Gilmour in concert last year and it was the most amazing thing ever. I also saw Roger Waters a few months ago doing the Dark Side of the Moon. I just wish that they would do one reunion tour while they still can, cause they still rock
I feel kinda hypocritical, I've only been a fan(or even listened to PF) for about a year, maybe less... Did you guys like PF from the moment you heard them or was it an aquired taste?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک IvanG said…
:D is'nt the lyric, Hello is there anybody in there?
But, I saw Roger on Roskilde Festival 06'
Best time of my life.. :P
Oh, i forgot to answer on the Like pf for first time question. :p

Well, I first saw The Wall, and really didnt like it? I thought it was boring as hell.

But then I saw it a secondtime and something hit me? I was in love with the music and today I have almost all they're records and dvd's.

I was on a danish pub the day Syd Barrett die :( I'll never drink alé again.
I've been listening to Pink Floyd my whole life. I have loved them ever sense I first heard them. If you haven't checked out the bands solo album, you should. I love David Gilmour's stuff the most, but it's all good. If you haven't seen it, you should get Live at Pompeii, it is amazing. I love A Saucerfull of Secrets. It is amazing.
IvanG, thanx..! I had the same experience with The Wall. They showed it to us at school when I was in 7-8th grade, and I hated it... I saw it last year again, with the song lyrics and everything, and now I think it's great. (And most of my friends think I'm crazy...)

I tried to find whole albums (song by song) on YouTube, and even managed a few... If you want to check it out let me know, I'll post the links.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک papa said…
The Wall is certainly awesome. The only problem with it, and much of Pink Floyd, is that it depresses me. I kinda get the same feelings with Radiohead too.
Well :D I think that Pink Floyd is nothing without Roger Waters (as it is on the Pulse dvd) Richard CAN'T!! AND I REPEAT! HE CAN'T Repleace the great vocal as Roger has, I was sad when I heard that they played comfortably numb :( Not the same without roger..
I like Roger the most, I think? But Pink Floyd is nothing if a Band-member is missing, ( and yes I know that syd has not been in the band for a long time (and never will because of his death)

Roger waters and David gilmour are two brilliant artist, no doubt about that, but non of them can handle PF alone.

*Nav, funny that we have the same story :P
Interesting actually with the song by song, you could make a home page with it?? I'll Thinke it would be nice for PF fans as us ;P That's what we nead.
Many thinks i'm crazy to because of PF but? Yes, when i haven't heard them in a time, and then suddenly play there music, then I have to hear more more more :D i'm addictet..
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
Papa, I think I agree with you. I found that after I listen to PF in the morning for a few songs (which means about an hour or more), I'm sort of subdued the whole day.

I think many people saw or heard The Wall at a wrong time in their life. I know it sounds condescending, but one really has to be ready for it -- I know I wasn't...

If you want to hear some of the album-playlists, go to link
And if there're any suggestions or remarks about these, do let me know?
I agree, they can never be the same apart, but they are still amazing. Roger hasn't been with the band for a long time though, so I am use to the band not having him. I will say one thing....If they ever did a reunion tour, I would sell everything that I have in order to go.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک kurtf said…
I started listening to Pink floyd about five years ago... in the begining I found the music pretty odd, but I got used to it... and now I loves it... especially the period in the seventies....
To Ivan G... Syd Barret died on my birthday!
again IvanG is right... Pink floyd isn't the same without either David Gilmour or Roger waters... because Pink floyd at it's best is the period with Waters in the seventies. But David Gilmour is my favorite because he's a wonderful guitarplayer and I do play the guitar too
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک naima_on_line said…
I've seen Waters live four times (last time it was day before yesterday, I'm still thrilled!) and Gilmour - once (his
On an Island" tour). So I guess it counts for being a hard fan.
In this holy war I'm all in Roger team, and I feel PF without his power, talent and vision is all about decorative instrumental melodies, but the message is gone.

My fascination in PF started with "The Wall" by Alan Parker (got his autograph, ha!), too, and it made me pretty obsessed. Long story short: it was Pink Floyd lyrics that made me learn English. Never worked that hard before, with tapes, dictionaries and lyrics (remember this "The Wall" LP's cover, with Waters' handwriting on it? It was my student's book. Yes, I was 14 and pretty crazy, I realize now). And it was the time internet didn't exist. Try to imagine how hard it was to get other lyrics...