Fanpop General سوالات

harold posted on Apr 24, 2008 at 06:37AM
This forum is for questions about how stuff works on Fanpop: how to use features, etc.

Looking through the forum in this spot, you can see that a lot of questions get asked over and over again, but since there are so many pages of forum threads, the answers can get lost. I propose this as a forum for users to ask questions about the site, which other users or even the staff can answer. Then users with a question can look at one thread in future, rather than having to repeat a thread or search through many many pages of forum threads.
last edited on Apr 24, 2008 at 06:42AM

Fanpop 226 جوابات

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 226

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک germany123 said…
i think its the same reason why we cant just delete picks...community and all...you can report the url? via message? thats the only thing i can think of...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ineedcoffee said…
smile
I really would like to have a report button forums.
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
smirk
yeah i know.. i usually take the url and post it in the notes thingy and report the user who created it, or the person abusing in comments
well thats what papa said i could do...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Jennifer1985 said…
What happened to the e-mails you get when someone commented on your stuff, sent you a message etc.? I thought it was a great new feature so I don't miss anything. But it's gone now =(
well the way i understand its always there- except they had trouble because it always went to your spam. i changed my setting on my profile- so i wouldnt know.
have you checked your spammail folder?
Everything's fine. Nothing Fanpop sends me goes to my spam folder. So that's why I wonder where those e-mails are...
did you change anything on your profile page, go back and make sure you didn't accidentally unchecked the boxes to receive the messages.
hmmm
All boxes are checked. I looked at my profile twice to make sure everything works. It's not my e-mail account and not my profile settings. It still doesn't so that's why I came here... Anyways thanks for your help.
The e-mail feature works again *yay* =D
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک spikes_girl said…
okay i have encountered not exactly a problem but something very strange...i recently received 4 props for picks from jarik, i read them, then went on the buffy spot. when i came back, all the props were gone! what happened??
mmm 4 in a row? all for different things?
if they were the same maybe he accidentally posted them numerous times..and then deleted them (when he meant to leave one!?)
have you asked him aboot this!?
problem solved, he just gave me 1 prop for basically everything he had given me 4 props for before. thanks anyways!
This is just a random question that I'm curious about. If you click on a user and instead of going to their profile it goes to the Fanpop home page, what does that mean? They were banned? My computer has a glitch?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک kathiria82 said…
^^ It means they were banned.
double post... means they were banned
Ah, thank you. I was just wondering.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک harold said…
Is there a workaround that anyone else has found for looking up which Answer Requests you've made, given that they aren't currently listed under "activity" in a profile and don't show up in search results? I'm going crazy trying to find certain of my own requests in clubs where the Answers feature has been heavily used, because any updates that may have appeared in my profile are buried in pages and pages of results...
smile
is there a problem with the save feature on the picks it is just showing as loading on my page and never comes up.

edit:for my own stupidity for not reading papas post...lol.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک kuhriissten said…
ok, so whenever i go to the images section, does it take awhile to load for anyone else? it does not load the views for each page and in the corner of my window it continues to say "transfering data from..." this transfer goes on for much longer than it did before, any reasons why?
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک DarkSarcasm said…
Harold, there's a link on your profile for 'Answers' - after 'Profile' and 'Spots'. From there, you can view questions you've asked and answers you've given. =)

EDIT: Yeah, so that was asked 25 days ago, I'm sure you've found it by now. But just in case anyone else was wondering... =P
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک Lunatic said…
sad
Is it possible to be kicked off a spot? I made a spot over a year ago, but recently I found I couldn't find it (it wasn't mentioned anywhere on my profile or was it in the search results).

Just now, I found it through someonelse's profile. I confirmed that it was the same spot since my picks were still there, but I was no longer a fan. On top of that, it seems I lost my medal.
maybe it was a duplicate and all the stuff was moved to the previous spot..!?
which spot are we talking aboot!? because if a duplicate is reported the spot gets removed but the content is added to the spot previously made. that would explain your picks still being there but you not being a member. if you had a medal and you resubscribe you might get it back but im unsure of that...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک karin85 said…
Everytime you update a spot with a new video the spot become first at your profile. But when I add a new video to a spot in the channel couples & 'shipping -> link it doesn't appear first on my profile? Why is that?

I hope someone get the question ;)
smile
the way i understand youre asking why the spot doesnt appear first under "recently updated"?because you linked to the "sort by fans" page and thats how many fans a spot has.
maybe that list is wonky..just like some content bumps spots on your profile and others doesnt.
link
^that seems pretty well sorted though..last update 1 minute ago,3 min..seems to be working
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک karin85 said…
blush
Yes, that works, but that's not what I mean.

I mean on your profile, you see the first 50 spots where you're fan of. Everytime a spot is updated with a video, the spot appear first at my spots --> link

But when a spot gets updated with video's in the channel couples & 'shipping, it doesn't appear first at my spots.
smile
ah okay i get it now...i asked aboot content bumping spots and michael did say the system wasnt working 100%- so maybe its a bug related to that "spot icon" problem ( i noticed not all content bumps a spot the way you describe and posted an "answer request" on the fanpop spot.)
use the "contact us" at the bottom of the page to file a bug report so the f4 know aboot the problem and can maybe solve it.
sorry i cant really be of more help.
hmmm
ok is anyone else getting a redirect message when they try to check the links in spots, can someone check this for me so I can know if it is just my computer or do I need to report a bug? I tried switching browsers and that didn't work either.
It's a bug; report it. I'm getting something similar with the site-wide search bar (searches come back as if I were looking for the term "redirect"!)
smile
Thanks Harold.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ArabellaElfie said…
smile
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere but I think this is probably the best place to ask. Is their anyway to get a sp..opps, club specific chat room added? I ask because the Buffy spot is running an Oscar like event called link and we are considering doing a chat awards program for it if that is possible. Do I need a petition or make some sort of sacrifice to the Fanpoppian Gods? Thank you in advance for any knowledge or links anyone can throw me on this. I'm sure I'm missing something that's right in front of my face.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک hooch-is-crazy said…
I think the House fans just had some sort of petition and they (as well as a few other spots, Fanpop decided to be extra kind) got a chat room so you could try that.
Thanks Hooch. Off to make a forum.
So, is there a fan-made petition to get the Clearasil and other video ads that you can't mute and which play on a loop removed from the site? I feel there MUST be, somewhere. Can someone tell me where it is?

Edit: Seriously; I'm desperate here. I've had to alternatively mute my system (which stinks) or load a different site (because the Fanpop performance issues make loading a different page on Fanpop not a workable solution to a video that keeps coming back, blaring at full volume), and to do both repeatedly. I'd really like to use the site, you know?
laugh
I hate to say this but ever since we took beta off we have been having more problems, maybe the site itself liked those words...lol
i dont have that ad..sounds really annyoing- your ad block doesnt kill it?
Since Fanpop operates solely on the money that comes from the ad revenue, I don't block the ads here. Sometimes there's ads that are of interest to me (usually games, I have to admit); for my own interest and the interest of keeping the site running I don't do ad blocking. But I might have to reconsider, given that this freaking ad loads on every single page, loops continuously, and can't be muted until you've listened to it a few times...and then, on a certain number of muted repetitions, the mute disappears!!! I feel strongly enough that such are egregiously offensive - particularly for users who don't have the option to block ads or mute the system, such as people using some public library computers - that it's almost worth a boycott.
cool
yeah i actually asked that a while back...if we could help the site by just randomly clicking on ads. reason i use ad block is because they ARE just annoying..if the ads didnt BLINK and pop and bounce i wouldnt mind..but it irritates me to have something on the side of my screen blinking in bright colors
angry
I've put my computer on mute now, stupid detergent advert!
Why is Fanpop on GMT? Is it just a default server or database configuration, is it an industry standard, or is there a business reason to record the changes to a site officially operating in the state of California as if it were in the UK?
OK, here's another one. Search was revamped in the last few weeks. Is there any way to get the search results to sort by relevance, rather than popularity or newness? I just did a search for "Television", and I had to click several links for the club actually called Television to appear. The way I expect search to work, that club should have been the first in the list. Is there a way to search by relevance, or is that gone now?
did you use the advanced option and click clubs?
Yeah, that's still sorted by popularity, not relevance. It turns out to be five clicks rather than the two it used to be, and that's only because the club with the exact title of the search term happened to be popular enough to be on the first page of results...has anyone noticed an upswing in the number of duplicate clubs recently? Not saying there has been, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was. Just curious.
its as bad as ever :P i dont think it has increased or decreased since well: not only do people not READ they dont search either!

i actually asked for a links filter- there was no option to filter those and cliff added it straight away so possibly you could message him. i dont know how complicated it would be to add another sorting option (well..you would lol) but maybe if you ask they can add it?
im still a bit baffled by the search (again no idea how complicated it is to program stuff like that) spot motto trumps spot title (something i do not understand AT ALL)and it still wont give you close results. typing in saul mikoliunas brings back no results and typing in saul_ mikoliunas will. if people missspell (someone told me its missspell and now my spell check says misspell hmmmm) something in a quiz question like "appartment" you wont find the duplicate if you type in "apartment" correctly.

now im off to research the correct spelling of "Miss Spell"
laugh
why would you have three s's in misspell that's just silly talk germs just go with your own knowledge you are correct.
hmmm
anyone know why the featured articles are 6-7 months old instead of new ones?
I don't mean the main featured one but you know how you go and want read more on the ones you may have missed these are ones from 6-7 months ago...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک almaaa said…
How can you see all the questions you have posted on The Quiz section?
you go to your "activities" section and click on quizzes and then you see all questions youve asked. you can filter them by spot if youre looking for a specific one
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک rusty746454 said…
I was just wondering if this happens to anybody else?

So i will add something to my updates and then get offline for a little bit i get have on and it appears that there is no update from it in my updates box yet when i go to the actually pick,question etc. there is a comment? So does anybody else something not receive updates for things?
I haven't seen that, but I haven't been following that closely. The updates that I do get are already a pretty overwhelming volume. But it would be something easy to test with a friend, then you'd have data to submit in a bug report.