Twilight Series Wuthering Heights

officefan2010 posted on Jul 04, 2008 at 03:02AM
So after reading Eclipse, I became very interested in the story of Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. So I went to my local BlockBuster and rented the 1992 version of the movie.

As I began watching it, I began seeing serious similarities between it and New Moon and Eclipse. Eventually I began to loose sight of the similarities and started trying to find that redeeming quality in Heathcliff that Bella spoke about. I honestly could not find it.

So I was wondering if anyone else had watched the movie or read the book and would like to discuss the uncanny similarities between it and our beloved Twilight Series. Also, if someone could point out a redeeming quality in the seemed to be villain of Wuthering Heights, I would higihly appreciate it.
I guess his love for Cathy could be one, but he was so bent on revenge, and I didn't really understand that.

So, discuss if you would like! i would appreciate every reply! : ]

Thanks so much!

Twilight Series 3 جوابات

Click here to write a response...
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک zuntiz said…
I also watched the 1992 version after I read the Eclipse, and I know what you mean. I can't really see Heathcliff's redeeming quality, other than loving Cathy.
When I watched it I kept comparing them, especially Edward and Heathcliff, sort of thinking "That would Edward never do..." But perhaps he would, since he knows himself better than Bella since she can only see his good side.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک ceo07 said…
um i havent seen the movie but i have the book well my sister does and i have a few books i want to read first then i will read it = )
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک sweetlissa2006 said…
I'm about half way through Wuthering Heights right now...and I don't like either Cathy or Heathcliff...there are some similarities though to Eclipse, however it's obvious Eclipse is LOOSELY based on this book.