Huddy Huddy Couple Counseling Thread - A Team of Experts at Work :P

HuddyBea posted on Jan 17, 2011 at 09:32PM
What can I say? We are back! :D

And hopefully they'll make it through this other half of the season...or maybe not? :P Who knows, Huddy is unpredictable and common is boring so be ready to the fireworks!!!

PS and I definitely want to have more of this!!!!!!
 What can I say? We are back! :D And hopefully they'll make it through this other half of the season
last edited on Mar 10, 2011 at 03:18PM

Huddy 2093 جوابات

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1051-1100 of 2093

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک true_love_huddy said…
Thanks for the news @Bea.;)I can't decide if I can be happy about two more seasons, because if it will be only about an addict, miserable, suffering House, and Shore makes the shades of the hope of a Huddy-reunion disappear totally, I'm going to suffer a long dying period...:((

Or he is a simple liar, as he has always been, and a girl can still dream?;)

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک huddycallianfan said…
Thank @Bea for the news!!! I loved
"- And he said when Hugh Laurie laughs on the episode is a signal that the ep sucks."

I think Hugh laughed at the Bombshells. xD (either way I just want to believe in that!xD)

"THE HELL WITH 13 I WANT MY HUDDY BACK!!! XD"
Me too!!!

Guys, if there is no Huddy in the season 8 or 9 I think I'll stop watching the show. (or maybe not, 'cause I'm an addict)

And I think the only person who says true is Lisa. She IS reliable. :)
She never did any interview like "Huddy is over and blah blah blah" right?
SO, I just will keep my faith. That's the only way to NOT become crazy, b/c of the break up. ('cause I'm getting actually craazy.)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک HuddyBea said…
big smile
"If there is no Huddy in the season 8 or 9 I'll stop watching"

SERIOUSLY!? I could never XD House is House no matter what! XD No no no let's be serious...one needs to set priorities. Hugh is mine :P Kidding aside, if Huddy will be put on hold I'll grieve for a while, but I'll get used to it again and I'll try to focus on the high drama going on. Again, on my mind, this show has never been about Huddy, just always about it. It's already half-a-miracle we got the premiere we got and that it was adressed so straightforwardly. If they had asked me in 2004 I would have said "No way they'll go there, ever" :P
wink
Of course not. that's why I put in brackets "or maybe not, 'cause I'm an addict" Addicted to this show. Honestly, I never give up what I started, that's why I'm still watching gossipgirp thought it's not that interesting s it was. or desperateHousewives.
And I think I won't be able to give up this show.
Thought part of me wants to stop watching if no Huddy would be there, I could never give it up. :P

And I know that this show has never been about Huddy. :P But I put this on my mind since season 2 (Humpty Dumpty) xD and that was (along with House's jokes and Hilson friendship) the reason why I watched. The relationships between House and other characters. And House and Cuddy relationship were #1 for me since Wilson's Heart ('cause I was sure, that Wilson'd be back :P).

P.S.: quoting and interpreting one of my favorites lines "I love this show. I wish I didn't, but I can't help it." :PP
big smile
*evil laugh*

I think I'm passing out
 *evil laugh* I think I'm passing out
heart
OMG!!!! What a picture!!!
*saves* thanks for sharing! :)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک huddycat69 said…
surprise
@fran @bea @huddycalliafan and @ Tam I'm with you on board!

What you said in your post reflect what I feel.
Huddy, Hilson and House as a complicated/screwed up, but so moving on the other side character are the reasons I watch the show.
One one side, I'm happy if we get two more seasons, but on the other side if we get no Huddy anymore, my heart will continue to bleed, to hurt and my soul to cry.
And I wonder if Lisa will renew her contract for the 2 more seasons, because without Huddy her character will fade and have less consistence : I don't really see what they can do with Cuddy after Huddy. Have you any ideas that would give me some light in the dark tunnel where I am since Bombshells ?

@Bea love your pic, this man is fucking hot!
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک huddyfantatic said…
Bea I am gonna kill you lol I swea to god are you trying to kill me and the rest us that man is sexy hell

Passes out
big smile
*keeps killing people*

link
Is it so wrong that i would gladly replace either one of them i know i am shallow but hey
mischievous
And again...one can't even XD Do you realize THIS settle the expample for the following seven seasons? Are you seeing that look? That smirk? That ruffled hair ever the top?! He's insanely sexy or what? Sexy character my ass! This is a still! Sexy Hugh! xD Why are some women so much more lucky than me? Two more years of this? He's gonna be the death of me I swear XD
 And again...one can't even XD Do آپ realize THIS settle the expample for the following seven seasons
laugh
No I would gladly put my self in their shoes too...either Hugh's or Lisa's after all doesn't make any difference XD I'm smitten for both :P
smile
@Bea, your pics are amazing! And I know you'll never stop killing us with them, BUT I must interrupt all of you.
Who knows French can somebody translate this properly please?
link
Smth about Huddy. :/
big smile
LOL XD I find them all on tumblr...that place is amazing XD

Chrome translator says:

"House" will soon tie the knot?
House and Cuddy together for life? A marriage could take place very soon in "House."

If the character played by Hugh Laurie in "House" has often dragged the image of a gruff man who could never find love, it might debunks the conventional wisdom. While the episode aired on March 14 the U.S. had left Gregory House destroyed by its separation from Cuddy, upcoming events may see the situation turn in surprising ways. According to the U.S. site TV Fanatic, the two doctors could indeed decide to get back together and get married!

In parallel to this possible wedding, the future of the series also remains unresolved. Besides Hugh Laurie, no player has yet signed a contract extension for a possible eighth season of "House" and the series is currently at the heart of a financial dispute between the U.S. television network Fox, which broadcasts the program, and the media company NBC Universal that produces it.

All crap if you ask me though...
yeah it could all be crap begs an intresting question though why is arelene back unless theu know something we dont yes I am reachig and that pic you posted on twitter is to much i was about to pass out thank god i am in my office myself
last edited پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک
ok. I better not read any other spoilers for the coming episode. It's better way to wait calmly, though I don't think I could do this. XD

Anyway, tumblr is amaazing! yeah! I don't have an account there, but I watch for it. XD
Hey, I'm on twitter too. What's you nicknames? :DD
mischievous
*whistles*
 *whistles*
Bea you really need to get out more seriously lol but that man is so freaking hot
laugh
Well, I went out ;) Now I came back and I'm about to start studying in 10 minutes...give me my Hughdose in the meanwhile, unless you want me to stop?
 Well, I went out ;) Now I came back and I'm about to start studying in 10 minutes...give me my Hughdo
Its all good I was messing anyway lol its worth it i cant get enough of him
mischievous
Last one for now :) I can't even...so much nakedness wasted XD WHERE WAS CUDDY!!!!
 Last one for now :) I can't even...so much nakedness wasted XD WHERE WAS CUDDY!!!!
Bea forget cuddy i think i would gladly replace her as I an sure you would lol god i was talking about you getting out more need to take my own advice lol
laugh
LOL guys, where's everybody today? Well, anyway, I'll leave you this here XD This go under the label

"100 Different Ways to Cope When Your TOP Break-Up"

Launch a new production :P
 LOL guys, where's everybody today? Well, anyway, I'll leave آپ this here XD This go under the label
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک HuddyJoy0524 said…
big smile
@Bea BEST. PHOTO. EVER. Seriously that had me laughing out loud xD Did you make this?? Its hilarious. You gotta post it in the Huddy spot ;)
laugh
OMG, @Bea!!! HILARIOUS!!!! You just made me smile!!! xDD
GREAT PIC!!!!! XDD
big smile
No it's not mine XD No idea who made it LOL XD I'm gonna post it!
mischievous
This two are gonna be the end of me XD The sexual tension is totally back and it's season 3/4 all over again XD How can I possibly NOT love this? *slapself*
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک HLforever said…
Wow have you guys seen the sneak peeks?

SPOILER WARNING

The one with the Segway and House honking the horn actually made me almost die of laughter (as much as I want to dislike Dominica, her and House zooming around on the Segway is priceless).

What kind of concerns me, though, is the utter lack of angst. I mean, I guess I can't expect the sneak peeks to reveal any of the (God forbid) EMOTIONAL parts of the eps, but from what I see it's like they decided to cut out the last season and a half and start over again. Of course, underlying the humor and hookers, House is obviously in immense pain. But I was really surprised at the Huddy sneak peek. Things seem so...normal. Of course, I know that they're going to be addressed at some point, but if I didn't read spoilers I would not expect that from the way they're going about it.

However, I think the fact that they actually did release a Huddy sneak peek for this ep (which I don't think they did for 7x16), means that there is going to be some major Huddy in Fall From Grace. Which we already know from the promo (Cuddy's face at the wedding), but I'm getting more excited. Which is bad. I shouldn't still be so obsessed with this show...argh.

It's still a little disconcerting, though, to watch Huddy suddenly snap itself back to "normal". I guess it's because of all the break-up fanfiction that I've read, where House and Cuddy's first encounters back at work are all charged with tension and angst and pain and love and other sappy stuff.

Oh well, I feel considerably happier now at least. The Huddy that we've had for the past 15 episodes may have ended, but I still hope that by the end of the show, their relationship will have developed into something much more.
big smile
IDK Guys...maybe Shore is right. I missed that tension so much. As long as I want Huddy together, I do want my show back, entertaining me as it used to do and so far this ep looks just as good as the last one. I do think there's gonna be some great angst moment though. They are at work there...give them time to warm themeself up ;) But the tension is....Oh God, how much I missed this?

And I LOVE THIS MAN!!!! link
@Bea and @hlf

OMG. I literally just posted this vid ;) But i feel the same way im really glad to see the bickering back we havent had that since the beginning of season 6! im pretty sure there will be an angsty scene either in house's apartment or sometime after tht though. house is "getting married" that cant really be ignored.

while it seems disconcerting that huddy has "snapped back to normal" i think its all an act. they dont know anything else except falling back into that rhythm they've had going for so many years. however, because of the relationship there are now feelings that need to be suppressed so i think that the finale might be an explosion of the suppressed feelings. i think we'll see i guess...
big smile
"while it seems disconcerting that huddy has "snapped back to normal" i think its all an act. they dont know anything else except falling back into that rhythm they've had going for so many years. however, because of the relationship there are now feelings that need to be suppressed so i think that the finale might be an explosion of the suppressed feelings"

Marry me XD
yeah, the promo is thrilling (well, for me for sure)
I don't think still that it would work. It really seems like we are on season 3 and I don't like it.
I'm so SO curious what's gonna be in this ep!! OMG!!!! :O
OMG Ok i know this is totally random and out there but I was just watching unwrtten ep 3 and house and cuddy was supposed to go to a restrant called you guessed it the same name as the slut he supposed to marry just as they are about to enter the author house
kiss
This old school Huddy-scene is really refreshing for the dark mood I'm bored with about myself.

@HuddyJoy-"so i think that the finale might be an explosion of the suppressed feelings"

Please more, more, more details about your supposition!!!!;)))It feels good XD
@Bea wait a seccond! arent you dating someone?! :p lolz im up for threesomes xD

@tlh and @Bea
i actually LIKE that we have this bickering back because it not only shows that they still care about each other (where did the bickering come from to begin with? OH yeah! sexual tension! *smacks self on forehead*) but that they cant stay away from each other either. like its just not possible. i dont think either of them could function. any of you ever seen the sitcom "the nanny?" thats how the 2 characters niles and c.c. in that show work. all they seem to do is bicker bicker bicker but it comes from the sexual tension and when one of them was gone the other was just miserable. huddy is the SAME way.

that being said, those 2 not leaving each other alone with all this tension not being addressed could potentially erupt in a number of ways.

A)Screaming match: I actually think this is a plausible option. In fact, i think it would feel good for both them and us. It would be a nice release while keeping the tension and acknowledging that there is unsettled stuff.
B)Sit down and talk about it. Pssh. Yeah right. But i guess its still plausible.
C)Make out sesh: While this is the preferrable option and is often reverted to in times of extreme angst (*coughs* Joy *coughs*) i have every feeling that if this happened things would get worse. However, if thats what the writers are going for its possible indeed.
D)Someones gotta be in danger again: This option would i think be the best. it would allow cuddy to show house that she still cares about him and that they can live with each other, in contrast if its cuddy again house could try and prove himself. that would be dramatic and angsty as well.

I hope these details are what you all had in mind ;)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک fran2 said…
First .... a possible season 9?? Where do I sign for **19** seasons of House?? if it were to last forever I think I could handle it and also all the suffering, anguish, pain along with naked Hugh and Huddy wild sex and bantering..... and all the other less important stuff, obviously XDDDDDDDDD

@bea – your pics are mortally dangerous. Let me come alive at least the next episode!!!!!!!!!!
And about your post “..I mean "sacrifice" as in getting his onw personal indipendence..I don't know whether I'm making myself clear...” Yes you were dear, I perfectly understood your thought.

@hulihook “I'm so glad we didn't have to witness House kissing any of the whores”
Don’t worry. On that side I think we can rest easy. Do you remember when he said “I always want to kiss you” ? Kiss for him (and for me too) is so an intimate gesture...more than every other sexual contact.

@tammy – I’m so glad that you liked the ep!
And your comment “...Probably why he didn't want to leave the apartment. He knew beyond physical he was in for a ride outside that door. Inside he doesn't get hurt, make mistakes, deal with problems, or hurt anybody, etc. He can just make love to the woman he adores...” melted my heart.

I'll never stop watching House, I couldn’t. I hope that all those people who currently feel frustrated by the series and the writers may have a rethink.
About me, I'm experiencing that is really worth to rely entirely on feelings (positive or negative) that House triggers. Do you know what? At this point I’m starting to make a mental parallel between House and us. Perhaps, like him, we must learn to trust the feelings without giving much importance to the words.

I'm a dreamer....

EDIT - @huddyjoy...I vote A .....but I'm also totally ready for wild and carefree Huddysex ;-)))
 First .... a possible season 9?? Where do I sign for **19** seasons of House?? if it were to last for
big smile
@HuddyJoy-I think I've chosen, I want each one of your options from A-D, in the appropriate order...;)
kiss
@fran-That squirrel-couple...:)))LIKE;)
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک mysuspicionis said…
@Bea---I read the article about possible 2 seasons last night. Sadly I'm depressed by it. 2 years? I can't obsess for two more years..I'm getting old!!! I need to relax!!! Plus if nothing positive is going to come of House's life I don't know if I can take two years of vicarious misery. Maybe I should learn to watch on Hulu so I'd have to wait 8 days each time? hmmmm Side note: Chase's "prostitute chariot" line in the previews made me burst out with laughter.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک evropia said…
I just read this...and no matter how crazy it does make sence somehow...

Most of you who have read the original compillation presented here of fans thoughts regarding "dreams" and "hallucination" as playing a central role in this season will appreciate a new addition at the top.

Once again, this theme keeps coming back in one form or another and I am one of the first to say that I am happy for it because IT IS THE ONLY FROM OF SCENARIO THAT MAKES A BIT OF SENSE TO ME, IN ANY WAY.

Any combination of these ideas or events works for me just so long as it is part of a dream/hallucination.

I have often mentioned that I fully expected The Beach scenes to surface at some point. Why? because...I felt that there was too much hype, media, PR and press informed about the photo shoot for it not to have really been something they did plan on using. Obviously, they just didn't plan on using it when we thought or changed their minds about the sequence- that's all.

When you think about it, kind of masterful in the way it was done in hindsight.

Unfortunately, my best case scenario for this season leaves us with House/Cuddy either both on death's doorstep from an accident (but not meaning to sound too "General Hospital" like.)

I'm sure the treatment of this will not be as soapy as some of us imagine or anything like as soapy as it sounds. It could actually be heart wrenching.

Enjoy reading. Some of this definitely can make your head swim, but if this is what the writers had in mind, thank goodness because at least I know I've been watching this show for 7 seasons and understanding the characters that were presented. If not, I'm jumping into the pool with House as we all need to party harder.

I have a crazy theory and I want to share it with you.

Too many things just don’t ring true and all this giant mess feels more and more like a masterful orchestration of what could be an amazing twist for House…

I grant you, last week, after ‘Bombshells’ aired, I was down; completely stunned actually which, I perfectly know, is exactly what the writers have intended and I’m sure they revelled in absorbing our anger and bafflement.

However, I can’t just put that to rest and decide to give up on my favourite hero, just because I’m told that he’s doomed forever and there’s no hope for him to be with the woman he loves anymore.

That, in itself, is the first sign that should have long ago been taken by the entire fandom as the most tricky challenge thrown at our faith. We’re told to give up so that’s exactly why I think we shouldn’t.

“I just have to suspend my cynicism and believe. Maybe it's time I took a leap of faith. ” is what House tells Cuddy at the end of Small Sacrifices. And if House can, why couldn’t we?

Anyway, after hours of long and draining sorrow, I’ve decided to revert back to the positive me who wants to believe. And slowly, little clue after little clue, I tried to put the pieces of the puzzle together to try and rationalize the irrational.

So hear me out!

What do we know for sure that we can take as premises before we start to speculate?

1. TPTB always said that ‘Help Me’ and its (immediate) aftermath was REAL. So House and Cuddy really started a relationship. The relationship is NOT a hallucination.
2. In the bathroom scene, House asked Cuddy: “Do you think I can fix myself?” and this is, in my opinion, the starting point of this season theme.
3. House and Cuddy were fine in their relationship at first, ‘Now What’ + ‘Selfish’ + ‘Unwritten’ were all positive and moving forward, then it slowly started to go downward with hooker-masseuse problem, and babysitting gone wrong and lies and toothbrush and so on until the last straw, reached in ‘Bombshells’, with Cuddy being sick and unmasking House’s inability to step up for the one he loves.

What we also know, but have less proof of (although it’s been largely filmed and shot and reported by fans who were on location, observing the events LIVE) is that, last June, House’s crew filmed outdoors scenes of House and Cuddy canoodling happily in different places such as Malibu Beach, Redondo Beach, USC campus, and on a boulevard near a restaurant where they were photographed both riding House’s bike.

Greg Yaitanes, when asked about those scenes (because as a matter of fact he was the director of this phantom episode) said it never existed and he dismissed all comments about it very early in the season, so that after a stubborn period spent harassing him on Twitter about it, everyone gave up and moved on.

Those scenes, however, do exist, and they come from the script called “Thunder Roadtrip.” that appeared to be magically released not so long ago into the web. After reading it (if you have), it indeed looked like it was supposed to be the season opener in place of ‘Now What’, until it mysteriously disappeared from the face of the planet.

But even so, I still try to put those hints and premises together and see what could come out of it. Here is my theory about what is happening in season 7:

First, I think the events of ‘Help Me’, ‘Now What’, ‘Selfish’ and ‘Unwritten’ are indeed real in regard to House and Cuddy’s history together. Why? Because of several reasons.

First, everyone has been fuming in anger about how much out of character House and Cuddy were this season, and most importantly how much they were betraying everything they had promised to be to each other in their moments of intimacy professing their faith and love.

But then, in truth, when you think of it, Cuddy IS true to herself until ‘Unwritten’ included as she is professing her faithful love to House in all those episodes prior to ‘Massage Therapy’, where she suddenly starts bitching him around, withdrawing sex because House gets massage from a hooker. That's also, quite surprisingly as it comes out of nowhere, with no warning whatsoever beforehand, the first time Cuddy accuses House of wanting to sabotage their relationship.

Now let’s get backward a little. In ‘Now What’, when lying in bed with a laptop on House's lap, House and Cuddy plan to go on a romantic week-end together and Cuddy, hesitant at first, finally says yes but convinces House that he has to grant her two more weeks before she can make arrangements with her mom to take care of Rachel.

TWO weeks.

So that means that, virtually, that week end, that we never saw, was supposed to happen after ‘Unwritten’, third episode of the season (one episode, one week in House time) and… oddly, after that, it’s exactly the moment when things start to go downhill…

In ‘Massage Therapy’, 4th episode of the season, it starts with House, shopping for a bike with Wilson and I remember it baffled a lot of fans at that time since there were no prior signs of House ever needing to buy a new one. We, by the way, clearly see his bike in the parking garage of PPTH at the beginning of ‘Selfish’ and it looks fine.

So what happened to that bike and why did House need to buy a new one?

And that’s where my theory takes root. Listen up!

For those who have read it, you will know, for those who didn’t, let me tell you that in the script of ‘Thunder Roadtrip,’ House and Cuddy who spend a day together doing all kinds of crazy, romantic things, ride House’s bike together at some point of the story, and they have a minor accident, both of them falling down, since Cuddy loses control of the bike (that House is teaching her how to ride)

And that’s where I throw my hypothesis out there: what if… given the timeline, ‘Thunder Roadtrip’ WAS that week-end House and Cuddy had planned to spend together, and that it happened, BUT (conveniently for the plot, it wasn’t shown to us……… yet.

What if House and Cuddy indeed had that bike accident BUT, much worse than what was once depicted in the original script? What if we say House gets badly injured in that accident, enough to fall into a coma, or have a cardiac arrest that makes him live a near death experience (“I love those 8 seconds” the bullfighter in ‘Out Of The Chute’ – “So what were you? An astronaut or a bullfighter?” Cuddy in ‘Two Stories’)

Then virtually, ‘Unwritten’ would be the last episode depicting House and Cuddy in a REAL relationship together (going quite well) and then, starting with ‘Massage Therapy’ it would be House and Cuddy relationship as depicted by House subconscious.

Which first would explain why, right in the beginning of ‘Massage Therapy’ House shops for a new bike that we never see him crash… This would also explain why Greg Yaitanes said early on this season that we would understand everything about the mystery of the bike later on … cryptic at that time, but maybe not so much now…

It would also explains a lot of the OOC behaviors of the characters because, in House’s mind, while those successions of inceptions and subconscious fears would unravel inside his mind, everything would get mixed up, tweaked, transformed, amplified, reverted and so on.

So actually, maybe House and Cuddy weren’t that much OOC after all, (not in the way we mean it anyway) because the picture we were shown after ‘Massage Therapy’ and up until ‘Bombshells’ was one slowly turning House into Cuddy: resilient, kind, attentive to Rachel, willing to do good and Cuddy into a female version of House: snappish, mean, sarcastic, selfish, demanding, bitchy….. Then back to being themsleves again. On and off, confusing, misleading, puzzling… as a mirror effect of House struggling within his comatose state against terrifying thoughts that everything would go wrong, and hence us being confused and more and more angered by this apparent mess…

The first 15 episodes (actually the first 12 – minus the winning Trilogy of ‘Now What’ – ‘Selfish’ and ‘Unwritten’) would then be House proving to himself the very logic of his speech to Cuddy at the end of Now What:

“I can see the past. You’re gonna remember all the horrible things I’ve done, and you’re gonna try to convince yourself that I’ve changed and I’m gonna start doing those horrible things again, because I haven’t changed. Then you’ll realize that… I’m an insane choice for somebody who has a kid. And from there it’s a short step to the inevitable conclusion that all of this… was a mistake.”

And, while in a coma, or between life and death, his mind will project every kind of visual proof, raw and brutal, that he was right. Making it sound as abrupt and exaggerated and inane as it did in ‘Two Stories’ for example, where Cuddy’s tantrum because of a toothbrush felt as out of the loop and completely unfair as can be.

So from ‘Massage Therapy’ to… as long as it would take to get House out of his coma (and judging by TPTB’s recent press declarations, misery will last until the end of this season, so probably the finale) we are NOT in a real world, while at the same time being in the real world but not yet aware of it… We are in House’s head, but it’s not a dream, and it’s not a hallucination, and everything we see of House and Cuddy being together in a relationship, and then being apart, is House trying to fight his demons, to fix himself, leading him to ultimately decide whether or not it will be worth coming back to reality.

To give example of hints that there is a permanent back and forth role reversal, with Cuddy sometimes acting like House, and House like Cuddy is the fact that in ‘Out Of The Chute’, on her doorstep, talking to Wilson, Cuddy said “YOU can’t go backwards.”

Why would she use the second person if she, in fact, supposedly talks about herself? Because maybe it’s House, struggling against this doomed leitmotiv pervading his mind.

What are the proofs of him trying to chase away those demons? The constant comeback within the dialogues of little sentences such as “I can do better.”, “Let me try harder.” “Give me another chance. “I need to suspend my cynicism.” “It’s time I take a leap of faith.”

So House is torn between two selves: the one that wants to believe, and the one that is sure that everything is doomed from the start.

Now you would object that the major blockage to my theory is the persistent message that’s been delivered by TPTB since the breakup in ‘Bombshells’ occurred which is meant to forcefully convinced us that the relationship is over for good.

But bare with me because I still think it’s not and that TPTB’s speech makes sense all the same, and here’s why.

First, last season, when asked about House and Cuddy relationship, TPTB declared they would take it seriously and really try to give it a go; whereas the attempts shown this season are anything but that, since - as a lot of people protested - the relationship very early on just felt as a succession of cheap plots, a poor exploration of the depth of House and Cuddy’s feelings for each other, contrary to what was conscientiously depicted throughout the course of six previous seasons.

BUT, actually if you think of it, (and in a perfect twisted way that fits TPTB‘s evilness to the tee) the writers are not really messing the relationship and not doing it justice like they promised they would. Following the idea that House is in a coma after a bike accident or between life and death, THIS (what we’ve been shown) was NOT House and Cuddy real relationship, but only a vision of it through House’s tortured mind.

So, conveniently, the writers are not responsible for messing it up: the character is… and therefore, the TRUE, meaningful exploration could come after. In season 8.

It would also justify why David Shore can perfectly say that the relationship is over for good, that they’d planned it like that from the start and that it will never come back now because it’s over for good, while still not lying and neither jerking us around…

David Shore is a former lawyer hence one must not forget he’s very good at using double meaning sentences and choosing the right words that can trigger enough interpretations that his is always safe in the end.

He also said in an interview in January that, should House and Cuddy break up they wouldn’t return together, unless he had a good reason to do it (quoting here) because he didn’t want it to be an on and off relationship.

And IF you assume that everything that we saw was not the REAL relationship, David Shore – once again – masterfully gets away with it with a clean slate because:

1) They didn’t break their promise that they would give the relationship a real try, because we have not really explored the real relationship yet.

2) It’s logical to say that what is done with Huddy is now DONE for good, and somehow this is even a good thing, because we don’t want a fake, coma-induced relationship to return, we want the REAL one!! The one that was budding in ‘Now What’, ‘Selfish’ and ‘Unwritten’, where Cuddy believed in House, didn’t want to change him and still thought that what they had was uncommon and that she had never been happier…

3) Not doing it (aka: not putting House and Cuddy back together) in this specific context is therefore truly NOT jerking fans around. So this is a thoughtful thought in the end.

4) Saying that they won’t be an on and off couple is also not a lie, since, assuming this theory is real, once House will wake up from his coma, or come back to life, he can BE with Cuddy, just like he was before the accident. There would have been (minus the accident) no disruption in their relationship, since there would have been no break up. So no ‘on and off’ concept indeed…

5) That’s also probably why, even if that’s the last thing people focused on when he delivered his interviews, he still however declared that he wouldn’t put them back together UNLESS he had a good reason to do it and that truly would be one. He also said to Ausiello that Huddy was over as it was, but he however added that he couldn’t say it was “forever”, throwing what at that time looked like just a purely cruel statement, but which in fact would only be the blatant truth…

6) Greg Yaitanes teasing fans with unnerving messages such as #RIPHuddy would do nothing other than mislead people to force them to focus on the wrong priorities, but at the same time, he would also not be just a jerk since, when he declared to TV guide that House would suffer until the end of the season, he is most likely telling the truth as there a big chance in this scenario that the BIG revelation will wait until the finale, or maybe the antepenultimate episode to unravel…

Retrospectively, it would also explain the promo posters for this season:

House as a clown: because it’s all just a masquerade, and under his make up, he’s lying to himself and pretends to be someone he’s not, or TRIES to become someone he isn’t yet…

It would explain the open heart poster too, since it could show both the metaphorical message of House being broken by this challenge, experiencing the real pain of Cuddy’s loss inside his mind, and also something more medical, that would be related to the consequences of the accident itself, showing that House has a near death experience, after a cardiac arrest…

Cuddy’s kidney problem could be “real” within the fantasy of the coma, as in: a consequence of the accident, but inserted into the “story” in House’s mind as the reason why she dumps him. Maybe he can feel that she needs him and he finds himself incapable of being there ( which would obviously not be his fault), except that true to his self-loathing self, he immediately transforms this input into the reason why Cuddy would leave him…

In ‘Bombshells’ by the way, the last dream sequence (the musical) where we see House and Cuddy dancing and singing to ‘Come On Get Happy’ it could be a metaphor of the moment when Cuddy goes back to the surface (assuming she’s unconscious herself) and leaves House in the confine of his mind, alone, to end his journey and find the answers himself. This ‘stairway to infinity” as Mia Michaels the choreographer wanted it, could be the opposite of what we all thought the first symbolic was saying, because by then, we assumed it was House leaving Cuddy alone, whereas, in fact, it could be Cuddy emerging back before him and waiting for him to choose to join her again. To life.

Another thought makes me think about episode 20, in which Arlene, Cuddy’s mom is scheduled to come back, and there again, it could be House having extra-sensorial experiences of Cuddy’s mother being there visiting her daughter at the hospital, assuming that Cuddy recovers much faster than House.

But time concept would inevitably be tweaked and who knows, the entire season could equals the “8 seconds” mentioned by the bullfighter in ‘Out Of The Chute’, when it feels like eternity before accelerating back to reality and he falls on the ground. It could be a near death experience on the operating table, while his heart is shocked back to life. It could be a few days, weeks? But it wouldn’t be a several month long experience.

Anyway ! Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING including the incomprehensible PR job done by TPTB lately would make a lot more sense in retrospect, at least to me. It wouldn’t condemn Huddy for good. It would deliver an amazing finale. It would offer an entire new perspective to a LOT of things that’s been puzzling in this season so far.

Because, “novelty and hostility and forbidenness doesn’t have to end bad” (‘The Itch’) so this inside House’s mind trip would be a great pretext to make him take a real leap of faith next season and most of all, give House and Cuddy a real chance, in character and coherent.

His last one, maybe before another chute, or not, we would have to find out… but at least not until after we’d have had House and Cuddy together again in something thoughtful and true to who they are.

I know this is crazy, and I know this seems delusional, but actually it’s the only theory that I have been able to gather up that takes into account as many elements in the equation as possible and especially TPTB’s speech which, to me, was until then the hardest thing to insert into the whole picture…

I’m not preaching and I’m not asking people to join me in my newly-found faith if they want to keep protecting themselves from disappointment and stop hoping.

I, for one, realized that I can’t. I almost did, but in the end, I’m a believer. And if House and Cuddy are indeed meant to never be together again then it’ll still be time to be angry, disappointed and bitter for all the waste. Until then, being hopeful again is like getting a Time Off during a game: I finally can breathe and step back and enjoy…

And sincerely, that’s what I’ve been longing to do this season.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک HLforever said…
@mysusp Haha yeah I don't think I can take two more years either...if the show sticks around for that long, I won't be able to NOT watch it, and as a result I probably won't get into college...

@HJ A or C, preferably. Actually, A followed by C. That would be AWESOME.
Although, if that actually happened, I have to say I would be sort of disappointed. The Huddy in me would be joyously screaming, but the other parts would roll their eyes and say, "SEEN THIS ALREADY." That would really mean that the writers had run out of creative juice. I don't want to see House turn into GA...

Keep the faith, I guess XD
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک hughlisafan said…
mischievous
@evropia That is one hell of a long post. lol I've heard about the dream/hallucination theories going around and I hope they are not true. I just feel this show has been down that road too often now and to me it's a cop-out. We'll see how things go.

OK, so I know some people were a little put off by all the hookers that House was with, but I had to upload this picture of House in the bathtub because Hugh Laurie looks like he is really nibbling on that actress's toes!! OMG!! lol You can see teeth!

I want to know how that actress got to be so lucky. God, I want to see that casting call: Actress between 20 and 25 years old to share bath with Hugh Laurie. Must enjoy having toes nibbled.

I would have done it for free! :)
 @evropia That is one hell of a long post. lol I've heard about the dream/hallucination theories going
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک mysuspicionis said…
@evropia---I have wondered if perhaps if we could get a dream/hallucination state again. How long did thoughts flash through House's head in Help Me? Some people wondered if the building collapse was worse in Help Me and House was injured. Was Bombshells and the subsequent episodes a dream? "We can't go backwards"...... "Go to sleep House" all these quotes could fit in. I hope that 1-2 years gives us some progress in his journey anyway. They probably do feel they need to keep the status quo for a while characterization wise if the show does go on for much longer. I could deal with a House deciding to get off drugs in the finale and a small sliver of hope for one day journeying back to each other.
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک HuliHookup said…
smirk
@hlf: I would have paid for it!

پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک hughlisafan said…
heart
@HuliHookup LOL! You have to admire Hugh's dedication to his craft. I'm thinking those nixed Huddy scenes in Now What really are too hot to release if that's how dedicated Hugh is to a simple bath. lol

Gotta love a man who goes all in.
big smile
Hey, guys! Last night I had a dream, if you want read this one. XD

link

LOL! XD
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک huddycat69 said…
cloudy
@evropia really like your theory but I'm mot sure that the writers are so machiavellian.

@HLF "I'm thinking those nixed Huddy scenes in Now What really are too hot to release if that's how dedicated Hugh is to a simple bath."
Can you imagine the state of mind of Lisa during these scenes ? It had to be a real torture to control herself and not jump on him to make it for real;)
I would have given everything, even my soul, to be at her place

I saw the sneak peek with Huddy but the bickering seems so weird and so irrelevant, completely offbeat with regard to the reality and to the recent events ! I know a lot of you do like this banter and sexual tension between them, and I like it too, but in the previous seasons, when there had been yet no Huddy. After now what, family practice, how can they just do as nothing happened, as usual when all was just fantasm in their head?
I personnaly couldn't do like nothing happened, I would cry, yell, fight to have my man back or be completely devastated and become a sort of autistic , but I couldn't just talk like they do.

3 more days to the D Day for House and "Dominic"

Really hope Cuddy will stand up and shout NO when the priester will ask "is there anyone here who is against this marriage?"

We just have to wait end see...
hmmm
I don't think either this is possible, I mean what @evropia found, though it may fix to some things, but still this is weird, huh? I think the authors preparing for us TOUGH finale.
And I'm with @huddycat69, this tension WAS good, in earlier season, but not now.

Anyway, hope nothing will go bad in this "wedding"
Guys this has been brought to my attention how i be so blind ok

things feel off and their are to may things not adding up

ok thunder road trip script if you read it house and cuddy had an agruement like the one the one in TS aka toilet seat then there another one that i picked up hadnt you guys house not wearing a watch this season and then thieir is team in the last ep how did they know house and cuddy broke up things dont add up and I am prob thinking to much oh 2 more things the name of the women house is supposed to marry is the name of the restrant house and cuddy is supposed to go to unwritten and the patient in the next ep is similar to house i mean not wanting to tell them his background

there is something else why he is allowed to practise medcine now he is supposed to back on drugs and then their is this
"This better taking us somewhere damn good or I'm going to be the one pummeling an opponent, take your pick who won't be able to fight back! " : I'm with you !!! then their is this team attuide they domnt care he is back on drugs

I want to make something clear I am still being cautious but i cant help feel something is not right with this i just had to share what was on my mind
پہلے زیادہ سے سال ایک evropia said…
That's the only sure....and if we keep that rythm by the end of the season writters will drive us crazy.We are already actng a ittle wiard trying to get into their evil minds.But i still try stay positive.After all GY said if i remembef correct that 7x17 has to do a lot with Huddy and i don't think it has to do only with his wedding.After she tells Wilson she regreted and he isn't so insane to marry a prostitute furthermore if he learns aboutthat.Plus there's the beach scenes on the line and i don't believe they would use them again with no reason.

For all those reasons and the fact that there are a lot wiard thinggs going on this season[don't know where they're leading although]i believe we'll have our Huddy back in no time.

Plus GY said House will be in pain for the rest of the season.Didn't say anything about the next one....